Pirates VIllage
Hotel y Apartamentos Casablanca(Santa Ponsa)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$139
US$318
US$310
  • Beachfront
Plaza Santa Ponsa Boutique Hotel(Santa Ponsa)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$182
US$339
US$237
  • Pool
H10 Casa del Mar(Santa Ponsa)
US$197
US$159
US$168
US$150
  • Restaurant
Hotel Golf Beach(Santa Ponsa)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$82
  • Restaurant
Hotel Bon Repos(Santa Ponsa)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Club Santa Ponsa(Santa Ponsa)
1,682 results
All reviewskids clubpirate attackself cateringpirate themed roomartificial grassice creamnext yearpool arealife guardsfamily holidaysnack barentertainment teamdeep poolgreat holidaygreat for kidsmini discobar staff
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed all inclusive at Pirates Village from 11th to 25th July with a 3 1/2 and 5 year old.
I have read some of the bad reviews and they certainly do not tally with our experience.
To say that the hotel is full of chavs is far off the mark and really quite offensive. Yes, there is a mix of people - as with most holidays- but we met lovely families and most people while we stayed were polite and courteous.
The hotel is good for the price - if you want a plush hotel with marble and airy reception areas and minimalist furniture, then prepare to pay a lot more. This is a 3 star hotel and the price reflects this. However, it s a great 3 star hotel.
Having stayed in a 4 star hotel with the afore-mentioned reception areas last year, Pirates Village outshone it with friendly staff, the best kids' club, excellent customer service, pool areas and evening entertainment. The only thing last year that exceeded Prates Village was the choice and amount of food available, although Pirates Village did have a good variety of food.

Apologies for the long and detailed review as I have tried to include as much useful info as I could think of, as I relied so much on previous reviews before we booked this holiday.

Pools and outside area-
Amazing! Lots of different pools for kids and the big shallow one had two separate flumes and a big blue slide with several lanes which the kids couldn't get enough of! The castle sits in this pool and was a brilliant place for the kids. There's a tower with plank in the deep pool.
There is also a toddler slide and tipping bucket.
There were always 2 lifeguards on duty between 10am and 7pm.
One improvement needed would be to resurface the area around the pool as some bits are very uneven and jagged, resulting in many children with cut feet. My son cut both big toes on his first day so we bought both boys lightweight water shoes for 7 1/2 euros in a supermarket beside the beach. Well worth it.

Sunbeds-
We never had a problem in getting sunbeds and there were still empty ones at any time of the day. However, there are not enough umbrellas for the amount of beds, and these were all taken by 9am, before the beds were unchained! We were so lucky to meet a lovely couple who always ensured we had an umbrella due to having two young children, but I could see many other young families without one, and the sun s HOT!

Rooms-
I would recommend emailing the hotel in advance asking for a room on the first or second floor away from the road and bar. The layout is a U and the bottom of the U are the rooms facing the road on the outside (bedroom) and bar on the inside (lounge and balcony).
The two upward prongs of the U are much quieter and still with a great view of the pools as all balconies face them.
We asked for this and received room 229 which was ideal.
The only negative about the rooms - apart from the old decor which we expected - was the cleanliness. My feet were black from walking around on the first day, and there were little bits of crisps that my sons dropped that were never swept up during our stay. If they intend to modernise all the rooms over winter, the chambermaids really need to keep these much cleaner to keep them nice in the long term. The public areas, however, were spotless and the floors constantly being cleaned.

Food-
As mentioned, there was a good variety of meat, fish and salad dishes. There were only two options for the kids meals-and one was always pasta and a sauce-but kids could eat from the adult buffet as there were lots of options. The beef goulash was one of the nicest I've eaten, and the fish was all fresh and fell apart nicely when cut into. There were also lots of desserts on offer and a soup of the day.
One improvement could be the addition of cold meats and cheeses at lunchtime (they have them out at breakfast) so kids could have the option of a sandwich or filled roll as my two didn't want to eat hot food during the day all the time. The bar also served toasties and hot dogs all day.
Kids could have ice-cream and slush puppies at the bar.

Staff-they were absolutely brilliant and the entertainment team were genuinely funny and obviously love what they do. Simone and Robbie are naturally droll and great comperes, and Maryam was fantastic with all the dance and exercise activities offered, including aqua gym and aqua zumba each day in the pool.
In our experience, the restaurant and bar staff were always friendly to us and the kids, and they all dressed up in pirate outfits which the boys loved.

Kids' Club-this was a highlight of the holiday as our sons made friends there and Jasmine and 'Smelly Jelly Belly Elly' truly love children and were marvellous with them. Always various activities in a very safe and secure environment. Open from 10am to 6pm (but closed on a Friday) and you can sign children in and out whenever you want during these times.

Entertainment-
Compared to our 4 star hotel last year, this beat it hands down! We stayed for 14 nights and, although a couple of shows were repeated like the magician on a Monday, (who was brilliant and actually did a different routine each Monday), karaoke on a Thursday and two singers(who were not the best) on a Friday, the Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday shows were on a fortnight cycle so we saw a wide variety. The Chinese acrobats were amazing!
There was also pirate attacks around the pool every Sunday and Wednesday which everyone loved as it involved the audience.
The kids disco runs from 8.30 to about 9.15pm each night apart from Wednesdays and Fridays, and all the children loved this. Smelly Jelly Belly Elly led this and was fantastic-full of energy and brilliant with the kids. They taught the children at kids club the songs and dances so they knew them all in the evening.
One huge improvement is needed and that's a barrier around the pool at night as I was constantly supervising my boys as the bar area was very close to the deep end. My heart was in my mouth several times as some kids were running about. I agree with other reviews that this is an accident waiting to happen and the hotel should address this before the unthinkable occurs.

Customer Service-
I emailed the hotel regarding choice of room before our holiday and received a prompt reply within 24 hours.
However, their service was exceptional on discovering that I had left the boys' sun hats at the kids' club when I got home. I emailed the hotel and received a speedy response saying that they would post them out to us along with the kids' club CD which we had forgotten to purchase before we left. I offered to pay for the CD and p & p for the items but the hotel wouldn't hear of it and we didn't pay for anything. I have never received such great service in a hotel. The items duly arrived 5 days after the hotel contacted me saying that they had posted them.

Overall, this was an excellent holiday and try not to believe all the bad reviews. A holiday is what you are prepared to make of it and this one ticked so many boxes. After all, you cannot please everyone and that's life!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Deedob
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We all loved this hotel, the kids club staff were brilliant and full of energy. My children aged 6 & 7 didn't want to leave Pirates Village. We found the the food was very good, I liked everything but I would have liked to have seen some jacket potatoes or new potatoes on the menu but thats just my preference. Robbie and Mariam were fantastic and always on the go with all the activities. The Pirate attacks were excellent there was never a dull moment. The life guards were very good too this always puts my mind at ease as my children love the pool. We found the rooms comfortable the beds do need replacing but after a few vodka fanta's they were fine. We stayed in 353 on the 3rd floor it was so quite on a night and we could see the stage if we wanted an early night. The shower was abit crazy I had to point it towards the wall slightly but it was all good fun. The bar staff were brilliant and loved getting my husband very drunk (thanks for that!). The only thing I had a problem with was there was not enough sun umbrellas and the having to get up and 7am to get one. I think they should bring in an allocation of sunbed system or something. Overall we all loved this holiday and met some really nice people a holidays what you make it.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool so ask for one away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Outside the hotel looked amazing and the rooms were as expected. They were exactly like the photos on the website.

Robbie and Mariam and newly appointed Hally were really fun because they did lots of activities ping pong, rifle shooting, aqua zumba etc with great enthusiasm.

Jasmine and smelly jelly belly ellie in the kids club were fantastic. They really kept the kids entertained in a safe environment with areas inside and outside.

Food was of a good standard but got a little repetitive towards the end of the 11 day holiday

Our best restaurant was mason del.cielo which overlooked the beach at sunset. The food was lovely and indoor play area for kids. Highly recommend calzone and the kids nuggets and ice cream were the best they ever had!!

My only major concern is the entertainment at night is based around the deep end of pool with no barrier or anything. People pull the tables right out leaving little room to pass. This is very dangerous for a "family" hotel with kids running round. I watch my boys all the time but think it's fair to say that not everyone is like that and this is an accident waiting to happen!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jam175
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is a great hotel and we found the all inclusive was really good value for money. Having got a good deal all inclusive we originally planned to eat out every other night at least, but found the food at the hotel was reasonably good, we only ended up eating out twice in two weeks. There was always a choice of two meat, one fish and a vegetarian option, along with lots of side dishes and salads. The staff work extra hard to ensure everyone is looked after, moving tables and chairs out to ensure there's always somewhere to sit and watch the evening entertainment. The kids club was great, nice and cool, with lots of planned activities. The pool area was brilliant, my boy spent hours in the pools, there's always plenty of sunbeds available, despite some people placing there towels out at 7:30 in the morning! The apartments are looking a little tired but are spacious enough and spotless. There is a lot of road noise in the apartments on the front, but when we asked to move the hotel staff were very helpful, offering a couple of alternatives which was great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the sides rather than the front of the hotel, away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful family holiday at The Pirate Village. We were so dissapointed to leave and are already planning next years trip.
I spent the last few months worried about this holiday due to some of the reviews, but there was no need. If you want to spend the holiday in a luxurious room then this may not be for you, but if you want a family holiday with fantastic entertainment (for the adults and children), great swimming pools and slides and lovely friendly staff then this is the holiday for you.
From the moment we arrived we felt welcome, staff on reception were happy to answer my numerous questions and provide anything we needed. All of the staff from the cleaners, to the owner of the hotel who made a point of talking to us before we left, were so friendly and hard working. We made some lovely friends and my little girl was happy to go to the mini club most days, where they had a fantastic time. The swimming pool area was perfect, with shallow and deep areas and a choice of slides, the kids were happy to be in the pool all day. The twice weekly pirate attack was great fun, the highlight of our holiday was when my husband got to walk the plank. We celebrated our wedding anneversary while we were there and in the evening we were called up on stage and presented with a gift, certificate, cake and balloons, which made our day. We were very happy with the choice of food, drinks and snacks - enough to keep us and a fussy 5 year old happy. We left the holiday with some very special memories and are already planning next years visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family