“Perfect for families!”
Review of Pirates VIllage

Pirates VIllage
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed 5 days at Pirates in september 2013. Very nice hotel, nice staff, great shows, fine Apartments and the kids loved the pools. We have already booked a week in july 2014, we love Pirates! And Santa Ponca is a very nice town with a great Beach.

1  Thank Helene510

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed last week of September,the kids (4+6) had a great time.The pool was amazing although both girls cut there feet due to the rough surface around the pool area.My girls did not want to go to mini club they were happy in the pool ! There are 2 lifeguards both stop watching the pools at 5 in order to stack sunbeds on one occasion they put our things on the floor while we were in the pool so as they could stack our sunbed ! Pools are supposed to be open till 6! Food was ok kids buffet a joke pasta and tomato sauce every day plus some shapes covered in orange breadcrumbs. If your AI you get served last and the barmen are quite rude with the exception of one, Rooms are basic we had to go to reception for clean towels as the maid never came unless we asked
reception staff were friendly The location was excellent .Other than the pirate attack on sunday which was excellent entertainment was poor Robbie putting a rope around his neck and pretending to hang himself not appropriate during mini disco nor did my children want to imitate drunk vomiting pirates,also pulling down a small boys shorts for fun and mimicking genitals with balloons on boys (magic show) is not my idea of family entertainment! Our room was on the quiet side of the building but we could still hear the so called entertainment. Only when the captain is present are the staff dressed as pirates and my what a difference to service ECT if only he was there all the time !

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank sandgrowngirls
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were here in 2010 and had such a good time that came back with Jet2Holidays and paid more thinking that it was going to be great but found that everything had remained the same except the outside of the building and many of the wonderful bar staff had been replaced by younger and not so interested bar staff. If you are all.inclusive you can bring anything to the pool to eat and drink but if they see the non all.inclusive guests bring even a can of coke, you will be told off to put it back into the bag.
I spoke to a few guests on the all.inclsuive and some said it was great and some said it wasn t.
The profit they make on the drinks at the bar is outrageous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bridget S
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We arrived 4th Sept for a 7 night stay at Pirates Village. Our children (ages 3&2) were very excited as you can imagine. We weren't disappointed on arrival. It was 9.30pm and the front of the hotel looked fabulous, just like the photos we had regularly looked at beforehand. The kids were hyper getting off the bus and into the reception area. I was a bit disappointed at this point, as I thought we would have been welcomed by pirates, but there wasn't one to be seen! We had just missed out on dinner and were all really hungry but the staff were excellent and had 3 huge trays of food brought up to our room. I was impressed by this. We were All Inclusive, and the food overall was ok. Nothing that impressive and a little repetitive but definitely edible and always found something we could all eat.
The rooms, as previously stated, are very basic, but clean and are apparently next to be refurbished.
The pool area was fabulous. The splash pool, with the massive fort and slides, is excellent and kept my kids entertained for hours at a time.
The hotels location is great and is only a short 10 minute stroll from the lovely beach.
The biggest disappointment for me was the entertainment (or lack of) and the bar/waiting staff. I'm not sure if it was due to the fact it was close to the end of the season and they were just tired and overworked or they were just down right rude. The entertainment was very poor, as far as im concerned. The kids mini disco was a joke. The staff spent way to much time carrying on amongst themselves. Most of the other themed nights I found really poor and felt there was just no effort put in.
Overall, I would definitely consider going back as the kids loved it and the location and pool area were fab. I also think if the plans go ahead to refurbish the rooms, it will make a huge difference. I would probably not go AI next time and I think the manager may just need to have a word with the staff and remind them that manners cost nothing.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank KerriK81
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Was here in Sept 2013. Staff were amazing, in particular the reception staff who were always available with information. Hotel is ideally suited in Santa Ponsa. Pirate Attack was brilliant. I had my 2 and a half year old daughter with me and she was very entertained. Pool area was fantastic although I don't like that a parent can't go on the slide with the young kids. My daughter wouldn't go alone nor would I have let her. Would like to see more of the pirates as had to plan around seeing them. I feel they should be around during the day also. Food was lovely. Found there to be seafood always on menu, a bit much at times. Also, try to defer away from pasta on childrens menu at every mealtime. Otherwise brilliant!

Room Tip: Don't book ground floor as you can't see over bushes
1  Thank Clare89Bear
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks with our 18 month old son. The facilities in the hotel are excellent for older children. The pool area is like a mini waterpark and it was clear that many children were really enjoying it. Our little boy was a little too young. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The rooms are basic and dated but clean.

Our apartment was on the third floor and we were extremely concerned that a small child like our son could have fallen under the last bar of the barrier on the balcony, if left unsupervised for any length of time, there was only a soft net material preventing this. If there was another bar beneath there would have been no problem. The music at night was very loud, our room was at the opposite end of the building but it was still very loud. The only other thing we were disappointed with was that the hotel charged €5 per day for wifi, we thought that this was a lot.

We were self catering so I cannot comment on the food.

The location of the hotel is very good. We would recommend this hotel for families with children who are a little older than our little boy.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Good for wee children and older people but nothing for teenagers. very boring for ages 15-18. Entertainers are nice but they have nothing to offer to my age group and most teenagers end up at the end of complex smoking and drinking because they get bored with the cheesy entertainment.Room was ok but mum said it was dirty. The lights look nice at night.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family