“Brilliant for kids”
Review of Pirates VIllage

Pirates VIllage
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent the October holiday week in this hotel on a self catering package. We loved it !! The hotel is very family friendly and my kids age 16, 13 and 4 all enjoyed it. The pool had areas which suited all of them. The rooms were old fashioned but comfy, clean and well equipped. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family. The only downside was our room was on the main road so got noisy early in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, away from the main road.
There are newer reviews for Pirates VIllage

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

A great family hotel with very friendly staff. Plenty of fun things for children to do with great ship themed pool area and kids club. The highlight of the stay is the pirate attacks when the professional pirates run around in and out of rooms etc.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

we just got back from staying at this hotel.We went straight into town to get some prices for nxt year .it was a totally a brilliant holiday. My grandson who is 6 yrs old was in total awe with the pirate invasions ,The food was really nice some days it was just warm but very edible.plenty of choice to suit the fussiest eater. all staff were very welcoming couldnt fault one of them.the entertainment was all for children but adults were included.Rooms were dated and could of done with being revamped to go with the rest of the hotel but its very clean.Beds were really uncomfortable but we coped ok for one week.We went to the beach and i wasnt impressed at all with it ,it must of bin the smelliest and dirtiest beach ive been on so decided to stay in hotel in there many pools cannot wait to return next year totally fabulous. oh and lastly people who were staying there were really friendly apart from a spanish family came for few days and the young lads were throwing glasses and smashing them but this was soon sorted by hotel staff, so i take my hat off to them for sorting it out so quickly,

Room Tip: go for a higher floor not ground foor facing pool as bit of noise people going past bedroom on a nig...
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Family of 4 stayed here All Inclusive from 11th-18th October with two children aged 5 and 2.

Arrived around 2-3pm at the hotel, our room was still being cleaned, after 1 hour wait we were given alternative room that was ready.

Bedroom had two single beds and a cot that we had pre-ordered. Large wardrobe with some drawer space. Living area had two sofas, one made up as a bed, table and chairs and kitchen area with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and all the usual utensils you would expect with self catering. All rooms have balconies overlooking the pool area in a |_| shape, the rooms on the bottom edge of the hotel have the bedrooms backing onto the main road, the two 'side edges' of the hotel are off the road so much quieter. We were in a 'side edge' so I can't comment on the noise from the road at night although we were aware of noise from people walking down the corridor and in the rooms either side and balconies around us. The room has a TV which is free, with a decent selection of channels like BBC one/two/three/news/CBeebies. There is no hairdryer, all balconies have a clothes dryer. Room was clean, with towels and sheets changed every second day, expected much worse after reading some other reviews but really was a very average room.

The restaurant is buffet style, breakfast is from 8-10.30am, lunch is 12.30-3pm and dinner 6.30-9pm. Drinks service is available from 10am-11pm. Snack service is advertised as being from 10am-11pm but on arrival there was a sign up to say from 20th September the snack service finishes at 6pm. This was a big bugbear for me, we probably would have used the snack service every night between 9-11pm after dinner and instead spent a lot of money we otherwise wouldn't have on food from outwith the complex at this time.

The restaurant is very nice, staff were always very pleasant. I personally found the food to be very nice although the buffet selection was a bit limited as the area is quite small, there was a salad area, always a dish of chips, some form of rice or pasta dish, a fish dish and 2-3 other meat dishes as well as 2 side selections. There was also a dessert range with ice creams, cakes etc. On occasion popular food (such as the pizza and ice cream) ran out before the meal time finished.

Children's entertainment was very good, there is a packed event schedule every day at the mini club, our children never attended (too young and too shy) but the staff seemed very nice. Only criticism would be that the mini disco wasn't on until 8.30pm, just a bit late for us. Shows on every night except Friday which is the entertainment team day off. Tried on a couple of occasions to sit at the bar/stage area to watch the entertainment but was put off by sitting in a cloud of smoke from other guests so normally enjoyed the show from our balcony.

Pool area is great, staffed by two lifeguards, always plenty of sunloungers available and they aren't reserved from unreasonable times in the morning. Never got much use from the pool as it was a bit chilly for us wimps but certainly never put off most of the kids. Often saw pirates mingling around the pool area during the day or 'invading' guests rooms and shouting from the balcony as well as during the evening entertainment.

Room Tip: Rooms 09-21 (any floor) on a quiet side. Rooms 47-59 (any floor) on a quiet side. Rooms in between a...
1  Thank flowerpotvegas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We wanted somewhere special for our children and this looked to be the one. Pirate style, newly refurbed, mostly great reviews, it sounded amazing. Too good to be true.
The hotel frontage with its huge skull has all the children squealing and wanting photos next to it, they have made it look so exciting from the main street and when you arrive its so massive you can't help but be impressed.
The main hotel pool has had this treatment too and the Island and trees make it much more interesting than a plain pool.
Who pulled the cork out when it came to the rooms, I would think they are important as thats where you spend quite a bit of family time together ? At the least some new sofas would help, when my children complained that when they lay down for a snooze they got " a funny smell " , a dirty musty smell. The rest of the room was in need of updating and with children you need clean dry towels everyday not every other.
Food is simple and if I said pretend you are cooking for a unhealthy eight year old you can get the idea. Of course the children were in chippy heaven.
This experience has taught me to read ALL reviews on Trip Advisor not just concentrate on the better ones, as the same problems are mentioned time and time again.
Adults would have a better time here if they could do something about soundproofing the walls, we could hear conversations on both sides and corridor noise became really annoying after being woken up through the night.
Felt ripped off in the pocket.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mitch H
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was on my own staying at another hotel but visiting my family who were staying here. I learned very quickly that I would not be able to spend time with them if I was not staying there. I had a look around and decided to move hotels, I spoke to reception and got a great deal for my four days and nights. my room was really a self catering apt with a bedroom (2 beds) a lounge and kitchen fully equipped inc a fridge, a microwave is available for a small fee. The hotel staff were all really very nice including the reception staff. Speciasl thanks to Ellie (kids club) she was fab and to Paul and Sisco (bar staff) also Robbie and Simon (entertainment team. , and of course to Kristian who is the owner and it was all his idea in the first place. This really was a fantastic holiday the kids were in awe of it all as were the adults, we were all very sorry to be going home, who would have thought that dressing up as a pirate would be so much fun no matter what your age. we were all inclusive and I think its the way to go. The food was very good and a large choice at each meal time including kids own choice which they liked. you could drink as much as you wanted if that's your thing. we are going back next year, even me! Photos don't do it justice. The big show on a Thursday evening was as good as I have seen, it was out of this world and lots of fun.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basic but large and have everything you need, aircon is great and we needed it thi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our holiday was wonderful. Like anything its what you make of it. The hotel was clean tidy and staff were very helpful and polite, and over the week we built up quite a friendship with them. The rooms were dated but it had everything we needed and after all you only sleep in it. We were in room 331 and it was quiet and the beds were lovely sleep like a log every night.

The childrens activities were great even the adult activities were great my hubby was captain hook and mr darling in the peter pan show, and took part in darts and shooting most afternoons. We also went to magaluf and palmanova which was 8 euros in a taxi each way.

The food had a really good choice and catered for the children which was nice. The lady on the main food section was very miserable and bossy but i didnt let her get to me i turned it around and she just made me laugh for a whole week.

We were fortunate enough to be there for Halloween day which was great and kids loved it dressing up and all the games etc... even miserable lady in catering was happy for one day!!

If you have children book his holiday my boys loved it we are going to book next year. We made some good friends too.

Room Tip: dont pick one on the front of hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ponsa
#5 of 35 in Santa Ponsa
Plazamar Serenity Resort
Plazamar Serenity Resort
#16 of 35 in Santa Ponsa

Been to Pirates VIllage? Share your experiences!