“Great for kids, will be returning”
Review of Pirates VIllage

Pirates VIllage
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Great for kids, will be returning”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We came back from the pirate's village about two weeks ago. We have two girls 4and 18 months.
Our children loved it and happy children means happy parents, I was a bit concerned after reading the reviews but booked it anyway. Most of the staff were very friendly, their was one grump behind the bar and one in the resteraunt but other than that the staff were great. They work really hard from first thing in the morning until very late at night and considering how rude some people were with them they are very nice!!

The pools ar brilliant the rooms are basic but ok, we were only in them first thing in the morning tea time for a nap and change and of course to sleep. Their is a fridge and hob in the appartmet, They changed our beds 4 times in the week but were a bit slow in replacing the towels but you go to reception and nothing is to much trouble for them, they got our towels straight away.

The food was ok as all inclusive's go. All inclusives do get boring but thats the same at all all inclusives. Their is always something you can eat and what was their was quite tasty. Their wasn't loads of choice but it was ok. We went out two evenings once to the Chinese and the food was good but if you have kids I would avoid. Our four year old spilt her drink and one of the female staff looked at us like dirt. Maybe caught her on a bad day, we also went to the block house for a steak which was very good.

The entertainment was really good, the kids loved it, the pirate invasion on the Sunday lunch time was really good.

I spoke to a few families around the pool area who were all of the same opinion and they all said they would go back and I would to, hopefully again next year.
Whilst I was there and all the families I spoke to I only heard one complaint which was that the rooms above the bar were noisy. The entertainment finishes at 11.00 but that they were still rolling barrels etc but they have to do that. I didn't hear a thing. All I can say is it was great for our family and I'll be going back

Room Tip: Not one above reception or bar
7 Thank Waters1c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Pirates Village with my husband and 3 children aged 7, 6 and 2 years in July 2014 for 10 nights all inclusive and we all had a brilliant holiday! I really can not see what people on here are moaning about. The hotel facia is very impressive and the reception area has been made to look like a cave which is very good. We watched some people arriving a couple of days after us who were greeted by the pirates who put on a show as they arrived which was great to watch. The hotel staff work very hard around the clock. The bar has self service fizzy drinks, beer, wine, water, tea, coffee and ice cream machine until 11pm. There are also slush drinks which the bar staff will serve you and my kids loved them. Bar staff worked really hard and went out of their way to accommodate. Luis was really friendly and great with the kids, my 2 year old daughter always looked for him at the pool bar, he made us feel very welcomed.

The pirate shows were fantastic with fireworks etc and were very professional. The pirates costumes were really well put together and made it all look very realistic. They have a weekly diary of the different shows each day which are repeated every week. The pool is brilliant too with great water slides and a tower with a plank which the pirates had the adults jumping off. The life guards were very good and always watching the children in the pool and playing with them too.

The restaurant is quite small however the food is good and always plenty of it. Unlike some hotels it has one area with all the different varieties of veg, rice, chips, mash, pizza, meats, salads, breads etc which makes it seem like their is not much choice. The only difference being that it's not repeated 3 or 4 times around the restaurant due to space. Their is also a section for children with chicken nuggets, pasta, lasagna, fish fingers. Breakfast was always very good with full English everyday and cereals, yogurts, bread. Only niggle is that their is not enough staff cleaning tables with one person seeming to do everything.

The room was standard but that was what we had booked and expected. Their was a large flat screen tv in the lounge with kitchen area, incl toaster, kettle, hob, sink, fridge. Two sofa beds in the lounge and twin beds in the bedroom which is spacious with large wardrobe but not enough drawers or shelves for clothes. Air-con was very good too. We were on the ground floor room 030 which didn't have a view due to trees but was very handy as easily accessible.

The beach is 5 mins walk down the road which was lovely and much bigger than I had expected. Lots of shops and bars, restaurants along beach front too.

We all had an amazing time and didn't want to leave, it's a great hotel which I would definitely recommend and return to and maybe stay in a pirate themed room next time. Thank you Pirates Village x

Room Tip: Go for a room at the side of the hotel as front can be very noisy due to main room.
9 Thank woody761
Badminton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Not a great start with our room not ready. Receptionist not very concerned or apologetic about it either. Staff in general a bit "off" with us apart from the entertainers who were lovely. Swimming pool and whole piratey theme is great for children and they loved it. Room below average with old fixtures and fittings and it was a real let down. Got a lot of noise from the main road as well, especially early morning which was not fun. Food plain and mostly not very tasty. Chips, salads and pasta saved the day as the meat was always tough and not the quality we are used to at all. The entertainment is the only thing that would make us book here again but for next year we are looking elsewhere.

4 Thank Margaret K
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I am not sure if i went to the same place as the last few reviews..this is a great fun action packed pirate holiday for the children..rooms are fine we had maid cleaning and change of towels and sheets every other day,and was spotless,as was the rest of hotel, cleaners never stop anywhere in the hotel night and day.reception very helpful and food was plentiful and good.there is a childs section with pasta and nuggets but there is still big selection of breads,soup,salads,freshly cooked meat,mash,veg,pizza,potatoes,rice etc that they can help themselves to which my boy tried things he would never have ordered before.the pirates are so professional they are a credit to the hotel as were the entertainment staff too,my kids both cried on our last night as didnt want to go home! we originally went self catering after reviews on here but upgraded after we arrived and was definitely worth it as santa ponsa isnt all that tbh.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank pinkcows
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great place for holiday could do with some small up dates in rooms but over all one of are best holidays entertainment was excellent and so was kids club very professional also staff very helpful and a well supervised pool,mini disco most nights for kids loved it I would take my family back next year credit to all involved in this hotel food was good to and staff were helpful

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank martinquinn30
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just returned from a 7 night stay all inclusive family holiday with 2 girls aged 12 and 7. Unfortunately there was nothing for my 12 year old other than a swim during the day as the entertainment was aimed at much younger kids. My intention when I booked it was for full use of all the water slides but there is a sign that they have only to be used for age 12 and under. I thought the food was fine, sometimes a strange combination on my plate but always plenty. The usual great benefits of all inclusive if you have young kids (ice cream & drinks). Staff are very friendly and work round the clock giving it 100%. Kids club is great, my & year old made some great things and could pop in and out as many times a day as she wanted. It is also very secure, kids being locked in with an enclosed garden. We had a pirate theme room which was great just a poor location. They are located above the entertainment and snack bar so back on to the main road which is very noisy. Did not get more than 6 hours quiet at night. Loved this hotel just some of the guests and there kids making too much noise. Sun beds locked until 9am, plenty to go round but not a lot of space to put them, so people up at 6.30am reserving their spot around the pool with a parasol with their towels hung on it, even though signs all over the hotel saying not to do this. Would recommend this hotel, just not for us again due to the age of my children.

Room Tip: ask for a top floor room as a lot of the water slides look into the front of the lower level rooms...
1 Thank codo1969
Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What can I say, if you are looking for peace and quiet then this is not the hotel for you, if you are looking for an action filled adventure with Pirates then you have to go to The Pirate Village in Santa Ponsa.

The rooms were absolutely spotless and we didn't stay in a Superior room or Pirate Room just standard. The only issue with that was lack of Air-Con in the bedroom as the unit was in the main living area but that aside I just can't fault it.

The only issues we had with the holiday were with Jet2 but not with the hotel as everyone was so friendly

• Stayed June 2014
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,009 reviews
Zafiro Bahia
Zafiro Bahia
#9 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Pirates VIllage? Share your experiences!