“Friendly staff”

ZOEA Scuba Diving Center
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Santa Ponsa
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Center in Mallorca Courses from beginners to Instructor Dive Trips Discover Scuba Diving Diving shop Diving gear rental Tanks refill
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

People there are quite friendly!!! They let some friends join on the boat without diving for free, which was a really nice thing for all of us...

Unfortunately, I wouldn't say it's a cheap diving center, though I believe it's not so up from the average.

Visited May 2014

Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A recommendable dive centre at Santa Ponsa, Mallorca”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Last week I went to Mallorca for diving. I had booked a series of dive trips with Zoea Mallorca, which is located at Santa Ponsa. My experience with this dive centre was excellent and I'd like to share with you why.

To start with, they replied to my initial inquiry quick and unambiguously. Also they were very friendly right from the beginning.

Once in Santa Ponsa, they picked me up from my hotel every day of my stay there, that is during four consecutive days. I had never had to wait for them; they were very punctual, contrary to Latin custom. I know about Latin customs because I'm Latin American...

Anyway, the dive centre is located in a beautiful marina. I appreciated its comfortable showers and clean toilettes. Although I cannot comment on the quality of their rental equipment because I had brought mine, yes I can testify about the quality of their tanks. In fact, you can use 15 litres tanks for the price of 12 litres and, what is more, they are steel tanks! I actually prefer steel tanks over the standard aluminium tanks because you don't have to wear extra weight for maintaining neutral buoyancy during the safety stop. Nitrox available.

Their boats, while not huge, are propelled by powerful motors, which makes getting to the dive sites a quick run. That was much appreciated!

On top of that, Luis - Zoea's owner- and his personnel are very friendly and competent in their dealings and business.

For these reasons, I can strongly recommend Zoea to anyone wishing a memorable dive experience in South East Mallorca. If I return to Mallorca one day, I would probably dive with them once again.

Visited October 2013
Glos.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Dive rather than snorkel”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I booked a snorkeling trip for £35 a head this August and with 6 people it wasn't cheap. The staff are great - very professional and very friendly. However, this summer there were loads of jellyfish in the water and my 15 year old daughter jumped straight onto one and got badly stung on her thighs. There were jellyfish everywhere and we had to watch out for them the whole time which meant the snorkeling was spoilt. Definitely not the best £210 I've spent! The divers on the boat had a good time, beneath the jellyfish. By the way, there is a lot of conflicting advice on how to treat the stings - vinegar, urine, soda, fresh water etc. - it seems that the most important thing to do is asap scrape off any remaining cells with either shaving foam/razor (which of course we always carry when on holiday ;-)) or sea water and a credit card. This reduces the amount of stinging. After that it's just steroid creams and antihistamines.

Visited August 2013