“A Little Gem”

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Newcastle upon Tyne
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Me and my wife have just come back from a week here, room only (wouldn't bother with the breakfast). We booked it last minute through on the beach.co.uk and paid very little. For a 2 star hotel it was immaculate, the food was delicious and very reasonable and the people who ran the hotel, Tony and Peter couldn't do enough for you.

The pool is spotless and we were able to get a sunlounger no problem at all. A really nice bunch of guests were there when we were there. Nice and quiet as it is just a small hotel. 5 minutes walk from beach and all amenities. Our room was a decent size and luckily my wife and I are vertically challenged as the bathroom was tiny but the whole place was spotless and the balcony was huge with table and chairs.

Would go back and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a little fan with you as there is no air-con and very hot at night.
1 Thank Willie T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ireland
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Golf beach was a wonderful place to stay in, a relaxing place, a spotless place, and location was great. On arrival peter checked us in we had room to front with a huge baloney. We had read the reviews so had a small fan and was glad as it was very warm. You could hire them and even buy in the big supermarket up the road at really good price. We were room only and taught i would have to go every morning for something to eat but i didn't have to move tony done a brekkie for 4 10 euro i had to share it as it was big enough for two and the big mug of tea FOR 1.50 which was lovely. All the salads and sandwiches were lovely. As for the pool it was lovely a suntrap and with umbrellas and drinks what more could you want. No pool party;s ur their was no baby pool so it tended to be quiet and with lovely friendly people around the pool it was like having a pool in your back yard. At night richard tended to our drinks and did so with chat and smiles. The staff were brillient and had everything running like clockwork. The rooms were spotless and plenty of space. We where near shops and the beach and 5 minutes from restaurents, and little further to the irish center. I have been to s.p. many times and passed the golf beach but not any more will def ! be back and wouldn't dream of staying any where eles except the GOLF BEACH.

1 Thank lovelylaoise
london
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Just stayed at the Golf Beach Hotel. A basic hotel, with everything you need. Close to the beach, rooms are good size. Very clean and friendly. THE BREAKFAST IS NOT GOOD, Go down the road and get better. The pool was not too busy. Value for money. Def be back. Needed air con in rooms, we hired another fan. 12 euros.

Room Tip: room110 was good
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kimmykum
Béal Feirste, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Okay, first off, me and my mummy just returned home from a week here, and being honest i cannot believe some of these reviews! this hotel is literally everything you could want! the rooms - big enough for 2-3 people, and staff were round every day wanting to clean them! infact, the hotel was spotless, some days when we got up early, there was staff out cleaning around 6am! The rooms did get a bit hot, but on the balcony in the evening and morning there was a really refreshing breeze so this definitely made up for it! the pool area was always spotless, always had a good crowd, but unlike one of the million bedroom hotels, there was always a seat. When we first arrived we could hardly believe that it was even the right hotel! the lobby was amazing! clean and again, had people in it, wasn't deserted, which by some of the reviews here, it makes it sound like it would be, which i can say, is a lie. The food was amazing for the price! basic yes, but if your looking for some extravagant meal then you go to some extravagant restaurant, the only hotel that would provide an extravagant meal will be those of 4 or 5 stars, and if thats what your looking for, what the hellllll are you doing choosing a 2star hotel!! you know what your letting yourself in for! The best feature of this hotel most definitely was the staff, when we first arrived, they greeted us with a warm welcome, by the time we were leaving, they nearly treated you like family! Peter and tony most definitely have to be 2 of the most pleasant hotel owners i have eveeer met, which must be hard, considering they work virtually 24/7. So whaat i would say and this is simply my opinion, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but i would say, follow your heart and ignore the bad reviews(which trust me i know is very difficult). Ive had alot of experience in Santa Ponsa as my family own a timeshare here, and this hotel for sure beats all the 100000000 bedroom hotels. See if its one of those hotels your looking for, my advice would be, boook one, don't go for a smaller hotel, or else its really your fault! Lastly, the location, it was far enough out to escape the madness of santa ponsa, but close enough so you could take full advantage of it as well! Ah, i just love love love this hotel! I can't change your opinions personally, but i know one thing is for sure, we most definitely will be returning!!!! Hey Peter and Tony!! Geraldine and Rachael - Belfast

Room Tip: From talking to people on holiday, it seems the back, lower floor bedrooms are alot cooler, as the o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Rachael C
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Golf beach is a lovely hotel in the heart of Santa ponsa with friendly staff, Peter & Tony! I have stayed here on 5 occasions and I am due to return in August this year for my 6th time! I am 18 years old & have been coming with my family since I was 14 I am now coming alone with my boyfriend.. I would say this hotel is for families,couples,singles or business as it can accommodate for anyone! My uncle has been coming to golf beach for 25 years this just proves it is the best! It is in a great location for bars, restaurants & the clubs, the hotel does amazing food at a low cost! Anyone considering giving hotel golf beach a try must do!!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Leahp13
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Stayed here for a week mid July with my wife. The room looked ok basic a regular two star. Would have been a good week if we had got some sleep. Haven't slept on anything so bad since staying in a caravan. And the heat I know it's a basic hotel but we did think that the fan would keep it cool at least the sleeping area. We paid extra and rented a fan but my wife got sore eyes after three nights of hot dry air too close to her face. Tried everything but it was so hot the only way to make a difference is air con, will NEVER make this mistake again and will make sure our hotel has it next time. The view from the balcony was interesting if you enjoy looking into another hotel room - we don't. My holiday is not a joke we work hard to have a bit of time away from it all and felt stuck in a dive. Fools rush in.

3 Thank 933Bikerboy
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Awful hotel, awful time. When we got to the room we didn't expect too much but the sewage aroma was an unwanted extra. We hoped we'd get used to it but it even got worse by four in the afternoon it was so bad we organised our day to keep out of the room till at least seven. This is not helped by there being no air conditioning just an old fan to swish it around. There was one plus to this we managed to spend a lot of time at the beach and found some nice local restaurants to eat in, had some amazing pizza at one sorry can't remember it's name but it's down the far end of Santa Ponsa and is worth the walk. Breakfast was a laugh some dry bread or cereal. We decided to try and make the best of it but if you have any sense of smell and don't like washing with the last occupants hairs maybe best you try elsewhere.

3 Thank Joey C
ManagerSantaPonsa, Propietario at Hotel Golf Beach, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Sirs,

I´ m very surprised and our employees feel very sad as well about your words or opinion from our hotel. It´s a pity, We try to do the best every day and we are sure we make mistakes but we are not able to know who are you and when did you come to our hotel. So We haven´t received any real complain from you during your stay. We invite you to tell us your dates or name contacting with us by email because we wish to check if we made something wrong and fix it as soon as possible. We can just say you that we have been in last 10 years one of the most valued hotels in the island by customers and we have received the Best Hotel Partner award from Thomas Cook touroperator in 2002 and from Tripadvisor in 2012. We are pleasant to have a 42% of repeat customers and we wish to continue in the same way. We consider that is not true what you say about the bad smell in our hotel, because is our best and hardest point of value, our spotless and cleaned hotel, I can tell you that I personally check each room arriving after our cleaners clean our rooms and I´m sure it´s not true what you say about you found hair from the prior customer of your arrival and the room was smelling bad during all stay long. That´s impossible because I check it 24 hours a day. In the other hand I agree with you we don´t have air conditioning, but we don´t have it because untill now we consider we give more service and quality than price charged for a 2 stars hotel. And we are sure that your stay or opinion is a big misunderstanding at the momnet you booked it because all that information is very clear at the moment of the booking in any online travel agency. (ceiling fan in room, no air conditioning)