We stayed at the Plazamar apartments for a week from the 11th Oct. Booking with Lowcost holidays we got a good deal including transfers and airport parking.
Arriving late at the hotel we were met by a very friendly male receptionist who sorted out our rooms, then advised us to go over the road to the Jutlandia hotel where we could enjoy all the facilities there and where there was a halloween party going on.
The room was spacious clean with toaster and kettle, next morning a nice view of the pool area greeted us. Sleeping well I would judge the beds comfortable enough.
Booking all inclusive I was surprised to find a beer pump, wine taps water cooler, and an array of fizzy soft drinks dispensers all facing the audience in the snack bar, this was a welcome change for me, I've never had the privilege of being able to get my own drinks before, there were also glass pint pots if you wanted to sit away from the pool area. Full marks so far.
The food on offer was typical three star fare, chips every day, at least one different meat, salads, fish most days, pasta others. The sweets were nice, with four flavours of ice cream and toppings available.
Our only issue with the restaurant and the whole holiday really, was the eating area itself. It's not really a restaurant, it's a covered patio with see-thru plastic roller blinds. During the hit and miss weather we experienced (no fault of the hotel :-)), we found it to be draughty and cold. There were some outdoor space heaters there but they were never used, I wouldn't have thought they were suitable for use for an enclosed area either.
having said that it didn't put us off eating there.
The pool area was nice, but be aware there are quite a few steps to get there, there is a sloped access, around the side of the hotel, ideal for taking your luggage around too.
As said earlier you have use of the facilities in the Jutlandia hotel across the road. This hotel is a step up from the Plazamar, with a lovely pool and gardens, loads of sunbeds too. The all inclusive package is available here with snacks all day, and bar, you have to queue here though for service, and the bar staff are very busy, they deal with this by being a bit abrupt with guests, the exception being Dawn who was lovely.
Adele the entertainments lady was good too, her witty asides made us laugh.
I would recommend this hotel, if you can get a good deal. Maybe not in October when the weather we had made it a bit cool to eat outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated in 2015 with a strong Mediterranean character, Plazamar Serenity Resort is a complex to relax and enjoy your holidays in a chilling atmosphere. Located in the beautiful resort of Santa Ponsa only 300m from its sandy beach and city centre, Plazamar Serenity Resort is the perfect spot for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plazamar Serenity Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Serenity Resort Santa Ponsa, Majorca