Our plan was to go to Mallorca for a spring holiday, knowing that the prices were decent in May. We found this hotel on the internet at a reasonable price, and booked a 1 bedroom Apartment for around 2600 NOK (£300). Then we found out it was an all inclusive opportunity for only 1200 NOK (£135) more. And we took it. We were a little surprised on arrival since they told us we had two rooms. Instead of the 1 room apartment, we got two studio rooms with connecting doors. A little bit hesitating at first, we soon found out this was great. Two spacious studios with two bathrooms, one for the girls and one for me ;). No lineup in the morning. The rooms were clean, and the one problem we had with plumbing in one of the bathrooms was fixed the same day.
Our plan was to eat dinner out every night, and have breakfast and lunch at the hotel. Breakfast was very good, but lunch was more average. But service was great! Drinks (local) were available all the time, and the lady in charge of the bar was absolutely brilliant. A little rough, but brilliant!
Geraldine was in charge of the childrens club, and evening activities for the children. She was absolutely fantastic. We were a bit sceptical since our 7 year old didn't speak English more than a word or two, but that seemed to be no problem. Her week out of School turned out to be quite educational.
We got married when we were there, and without spreading the news we were presented with a bottle of the best Cava, and a voucher for 5 free nights in a Studio. We are actually coming back in a couple of days, and have yet again booked the same type of apartment. A bit more expensive this year, but Pepe, a very nice and serviceminded guy at Gran Isla did'nt hesitate to give us a discount with our voucher, even if we booked a different type of apartment and all inclusive. This time we will celebrate our first anniversary, and I'm quite sure we will have the same great experience as we had last year in a very friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated in 2015 with a strong Mediterranean character, Plazamar Serenity Resort is a complex to relax and enjoy your holidays in a chilling atmosphere. Located in the beautiful resort of Santa Ponsa only 300m from its sandy beach and city centre, Plazamar Serenity Resort is the perfect spot for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plazamar Serenity Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Serenity Resort Santa Ponsa, Majorca