“I had the best holiday in a long time at the Plazamar”

Plazamar Serenity Resort
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 29 July 2013

lovely and clean room, 3 areas of swimming pool to play in and not over crowded, also nice and clean grounds staff were magic, food was good , not a noisy hotel ,would reccomend this hotel we had a fab 2 weeks there and will go back, 5 mins to the center also lovely restraunts long the way, lots of sun-bed do not have to be up at 6.00am lol 5 ***** for us

Room Tip: a/c is very good and FREE
5  Thank twiggy262
There are newer reviews for Plazamar Serenity Resort

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I my husband, son and I have just spent a week here and have to say the hotel and the service was second to none.
I am difficult to please and definitely don't do reviews but on this occasion i felt the need to do one.
My son was recently diagnosed diabetic and this was our first holiday abroad since. I spoke to the chef and he was brilliant in that he helped us with menus and even after the restaurant/bar was shut, if we needed anything for him, it was no trouble.
One day i lost my towel over the balcony and the housekeeper went to find it for me.
These may seem minor things but on my arrival home in the UK I realised I had left both my Pandora and Thomas Sabo bracelets in our room and not in the safe. I immediately rang the hotel (6hours after leaving it) and within 24 hours they got back to me to say, they had got them and would post to my address in the UK. This morning they arrived by recorded delivery and free of charge!
Where else i would get such honesty and efficiency I don't know.
The staff were helpful, polite and extremely efficient, with no problem with us asking about directions, air conditioning, etc.
A fantastic place to stay and a holiday made easier just by them

On behalf of Lynn, Paul and Jack Godfrey

6  Thank JeannieCass
Reviewed 28 July 2013

we originally booked to go self catering to this hotel as a cheap get away but then up graded to all inclusive after 3 days as it was fantastic value for money always something to eat and the drinks cocktails was fine ice creams included for the kids and chips and hot doge pop corn avalible all day for them to pool was great but the entertainment team Mary and Adele made the holiday for us they was fantastic with the kids and they was entertained all day with different activities i felt that the kids was staff with the team and the kids love it one thing after another for them cake making water basketball table tennis bracelet making etc then the disco and games at night time and the shows was fantastic for the kids and when the kids are happy then so are we ! i must admit there was a few group of teenagers staying there but we didnt have ant trouble at all with them seemed to sleep all day and disappear at night and we never got woke up once by them cumming home altho i did wonder why they would book a family hotel out of magaluf to stay in i think they would of had more fun if they had booked correctly !nice walk down to the beach and shop ect all close by the beach is great and kept clean a few people asked us to go to bar code 7 the kids loved it but it was kind of like a butlins on holiday we tended to stay in as the staff are great, wifi over priced but overall it was a great holiday i would go back hope this helps x

2  Thank warren l
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We are a family with 2 small kids and due to the loud, out of control groups we got hardly any sleep the whole time we were here. The hotel entertainment stops at midnight but after that there are parties that go on all night with music playing and people singing and shouting and the staff do nothing to control the noise. The rooms are ridiculously old and outdated with beds that sound like they might fall part at any minute. As far as food goes it was the same old stuff every day. Lot´s of chips, burgers and dry meat or fish. We ate out in the town quite a few times to break the monotony and to have a decent meal. They stop serving drinks at 11pm. too which seems a bit early. People just tend to stock pile them instead. Not a well run hotel and obviously not somewhere we would recommend.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We went to the plazamar for 1 week with our 5 kids, aged 7 - 11 years. They had a fantastic time and did not want to come home. The pool is great, the food was very good and the kids juices, slush puppies and ice cream was all included in the all inclusive option.

We stayed in an apartment suited for 8 people we had lots of room, 2 bedrooms and bathroom upstairs and large sitting room, toilet and kitchen downstairs.

The kids club was run by Mary and she was excellent at her job, the kids met her at 11 o' clock and were entertained till 2 o'clock. A mini disco started at 9 and other entertainment follow till 11.30pm. Remember Mary's day off is Saturday and nothing happens during the day or night.

The location is ideals for a walk down the town at night just 5 minutes and you are at the shops.

We went over to the Jutlandia one day , it is also nice has a good pool but Mary was not there and kids missed her.

This is a great place for a Family holiday!

Room Tip: You have to pay 2euro for the parasol per day.
1  Thank ashling m
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Disappointed as the apartment was too small for 4 people and it was outdated and very basic. The all inclusive buffet was very poor and reminded me of my work canteen and the food was full of oil with no healthy options except for the ingredients for salad which were poorly washed or very soggy and old. Beer was watered down and if you asked for a slush puppy with vodka you were told no. The all inclusive is a waste of money and you daren't even take a banana out as the staff are overly controlling.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I recommend this hotel to anyone, Me and my girl stayed for a week and we had such an amazing time. The food was especially my favourate it was fantastic and delicious they had variety everyday with great desserts. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. And the beach was just 5 mins away which was great. The hotel had great pool anyway, we spent most of our time at the hotel pool. Best holiday so far this year and i will always go back there again.

Room Tip: The rooms were all standard rooms. we have to remember is a 3 star so don't expect more. all the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple