After booking this last minute we read a lot of reviews about the plazamar and the "Excellent" "Very Good" and "Average" reviews far outweighed the "Poor" and "Terrible" ones, which is always a good start!
We arrived at Midnight on the 9th August. It was explained to us that our room was occupied until the following day, which after asking about it seems to be to do with the number of changeover days they have to deal with.This wasn't an issue as as long as we had a room for the night it was fine and we were happy to change over in the morning.
Our overnight room was excellent for a 3 star...and please remember people this is a 3 star hotel not a 5 Star! If you are expecting 5 Star accomodation and all inclusive buffet you will be dissapointed. Around lunchtime we got into our room for the rest of the week ( a studio) on the other side of the pool on the 3rd floor. It was even better and had an amazing view of the pool and the mountains. Everything you need, clean room, beds and a bathroom and Air conditioning which was much needed.
The poolside area is fantastic, a shallow pool for very small children, a slightly deeper pool for older kids and a deep pool for adults (the last two pools are connected) The beach and main shops are 5 minutes away.The sunloungers are locked overnight and the pool guy unlocks them between 8.30-9am. If you want a good spot you do need to get down there and get one as they tend to go quickly. Parasols are available to rent for 2 Euros a day.
The staff at the Plazamar were all helpful and work very hard. We probably spoke to Rachel on reception the most and she was always smiling and helped me out with my spanish. The bar and restaurant staff always helped us out. Not sure about the watered down beer comments?? I drunk the free beer and local spirits and they were fine.
We were on the all inclusive option which again is 3 star standard. My girlfriend and I both have food allergies yet we both managed to find something to eat every breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I think the food we ate was fine, and we certainly got our moneys worth with free hot, soft and alcoholic drinks. I think two weeks on the buffet and you might get a bit bored. Again if you been to 5 star hotels in Egypt etc the food here is not as high a quality but is fine and saved us about 100 Euros a day on eating out.
I think a lot of peoples bad comments come from ridiculous over expectations for a 3 start and bad attitudes. If you are friendly and speak to the staff they remember you and go out of their way to help you.
I know basic spanish but used it every day. It really goes a long way. Take some time to learn the basics before you go. Hello, Goodbye, how are you,thank you, numbers one to ten, try ordering your drinks or food in spanish.
Finally we get onto the star of the hotel and its greatest asset. Mary the children's entertainer. She is a natural with the children and makes each and every one of them feel special. She organises daytime activities around the pool and runs the kids disco and plays games with them. All the children love her to bits. If you want to relax around the pool knowing your child is in very safe hands and having fun this is the place for you.
Im not one to go back to the same place twice but this place would take me back if Mary was still working there. (There are rumours she is finishing at the end of the season)
Overall a good hotel. Definately value for money. If you want 5 Star then pay 5 star prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated in 2015 with a strong Mediterranean character, Plazamar Serenity Resort is a complex to relax and enjoy your holidays in a chilling atmosphere. Located in the beautiful resort of Santa Ponsa only 300m from its sandy beach and city centre, Plazamar Serenity Resort is the perfect spot for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plazamar Serenity Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Serenity Resort Santa Ponsa, Majorca