“excellent value”

Plazamar Serenity Resort
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Plazamar all inclusive apartments in May, excellent service, room big with kettle toaster fridge,
Read reviews before we left take no notice was real value for money, clean, helpful staff, good family entertainment, day in and night time
Beach and shops about 15 min walk
Sister Hotel across the road is great, cook snacks fresh and wait on you, instead of buffet style
Would go back again

Room Tip: Top floor, so you cant here anybody walking or moving furniture at all hours of the night, they are...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sunlover600

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having just spent 8 nights all inclusive at Plazamar Apartments with my wife and two kids I only have positive comments to make. After reading some reviews prior to our booking I can only imagine that any negative comments are from people that expect a little too much! The apartments are basic, but were clean and tidy. The overall appearance of the hotel was very good and kept very clean. The staff were constantly cleaning up at all times of the day and very kind and friendly. The pool area was spotless and very clean, a hard task for all those inconsiderate people that leave their plates and cups behind. The food was pretty good, always freshly made and a good selection, for the money you couldn’t expect anymore. No complaints on the drinks either, although it seems some drinks are watered down (all inc wine and “baileys”). The local spirits were ok and made strong in mixes. The entertainer (Anna-Marie) was great with the kids. This hotel is definitely aimed at families and is very quiet at night. We met a wide range of lovely people from different countries. My only critism is that the hotel should be very careful who it allows to book as there were at least three stag/hen parties that were on site, including a group of 21 lads who arrived a day before we left. However, they did not cause many concerning issues while we were there and I suppose this is an issue for any hotel. Overall we had a fantastic time and we would definitely revisit and recommend to any family or couple

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MrGBUK
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in plazamar for 4 nights . Was clean enough. Our balcony was quite small. Asked for a better room with a view but to no avail. We had packed and all set to fly home on the Wednesday but whilst having dinner a quick look on the easy jet app on my phone and we booked new flights. We were hoping to stay in plazamar as it what we knew but they wanted more than double than what we originally paid. Plazamar is about a 15 minute walk to the centre. If you stay here and intend to cook I would reccomend you pack a knife and a chopping board. They only supply a bread knife which was a nightmare. Local super market about 10 min walk. There are 2 across the road (same company however) the larger one is much cheaper. We relocated to vista club. All rooms have stunning view from top of hill over the bay. Rooms were larger. Both hotels are a far walk from town. Vista club requires a steep climb up over 200 stairs so notgood for people who can't walk far .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martylee23
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Before we flew we had a panic due to the bad reviews, so much so we looked at changing the hotel but I am so glad we decided to go for it!
We stayed for 4 days (My Husband, Myself and Brother & Sister in law) before we left we emailed asking for pool view and rooms together and both requests were fulfilled!
The hotel is lovely, Great staff, Great location! The food was lovely, Lots of choice. Yes there was Chips at every meal but I only had them once, Just because they are there does not mean you have to eat them! Lovely selection of meat, fish, pasta, salads and potatoes for Lunch and Dinner and the breakfast buffet had something for all nationalities.
I work in travel and have been to all types of hotels, from 1* to 5* and we had a fantastic time here, I will recommend it to my customers also!
Being able to use the facilities at the Jutlandia was great too, However of the 2 hotels I would choose the plazamar as you have to come there to eat if you are all inclusive anyway!
Thank you for a great stay all the staff at the Plazamar, We will be back :)

Room Tip: Room 1105 had great view but rooms on bottom floor have great pool access!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank connchlo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have just got back from the Plazamar after 4nights with 3 friends for a hen do. This hotel is ok for what we wanted. The food was standard there was always something to have however there wasn't much choice unless you want chips morning dinner and evening! the snack bar you could only choose from a burger, hot dog, chips or onion rings. I also found it was very cold/luke warm food but I could see why. they would put the food out an hour before you could go and get it!

One thing I thought was ridiculous you had to pay for a parasol! it was only 2euros per day but I have never been to a hotel that charge you for this if your there for a week it adds up!

Wifi was a rip off too. 15 euros for 3 days and that was per person/device. you also couldn't facetime home on this either which was why we bought it and it never worked! it also doesn't keep you connected you constantly have to keep logging back in.

If your staying here to want to go to Magaluf on nights out its a short taxi ride about 10euros.

The rooms were cleanish the maids only came in our room once whilst we were there and all they did was change the towels and make the bed. also there was lots of ants in the room too.

The pool area was ok but they need to take down a load of trees and bushes as theres not much room for sunbeds.

Entertainment was awful!

I recommend you go to Fat Sams American restaurant if your looking for a decent meal which is about 5min walk away. the food was INCREDIBLE!!

Overall this hotel was ok for what we wanted cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: If you don't want noise don't have rooms 208/207 they are right above the entrance so you he...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have just returned from our trip to the plazamar we opted for the all inclusive option & was well worth it wide selection of food, breads, fruit, desserts at set eating times with the added option of unlimited drinks, ice cream, slush puppies & hotdogs, chips etc on request, numerous eateries nearby should also be explored with reasonable prices & excellent food if you would like a change from the buffet. Rooms were spacious & clean with towels & bed linen changed daily. The staff at the plazamar were very friendly & helpful Anna Marie in particular made my daughters trip she was so much fun at the mini club & mini disco, staff were very lenient with rowdy hen & stag parties giving them one warning then removal if numerous complaints were made. We also visited the sister hotel jutlandia apts opposite which was again very clean with amazing pools although some a little deep for small children. All in all would definitely recommend great family holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Tina_Mc_Belfast
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi , we stayed here in April and the weather was great and the staff at the Plazamar are fantastic I must say I am a fussy holiday person so when I read the reviews about the hotel I was a bit unsure , but I cannot praise the staff enough so friendly and nothing was too much trouble they were very informative ,The rooms good size and very clean , the food was ok and yes could be a little repetitive at times but it was out of season so I can only think that maybe it was limited rather than have lots of waste. The drinks we good the pool looked very clean and even though I didn't go in myself there were people in it who seem to have no problems. I would say it is just the right distance outside of town to avoid all the noise and bustle of holiday resort towns , its also a nice walk there and has a good variety of shops bars and snack places the beach was lovely and clean. the hotel even opened the kids club and there was only 2 children when we stayed the evening entertainment was average for this type of hotel the best night being the pirate show. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good 3* break in a nice area of Spain I have certainly been to worse. hope this helps anyone who is still on the fence about this one

Room Tip: Wear sun cream even out of season their sun is very hot even when its cloudy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
7  Thank monsteruk31