All reviews self catering kids club sister hotel pool area great holiday studio apartment air con every night next year all inclusive drinks evening entertainment stayed all inclusive on tap min walk family holiday young children soft drinks
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I travelled here with my son (age 10) we had an apartment overlooking the pool. At first sight it's a bit dated but I cannot fault the cleanliness. Entertainment around the pool was great for my son and I found the staff very friendly. the location is close to shops and the beach and for our 5 day mini break was perfect. I usually stay in 4*+ hotels so was very nervous! but I would come back and stay here anytime.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Aggsy
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I visited these apartments with my family in May 2014. I would say they were very average and need some modernising. To be fair whilst we were there they were planning to do this modernising work so if you travel to this hotel in Summer 2015 then it may be a bit more up-to-date.

The staff were very helpful, polite and welcoming during our stay. The food (we went all inclusive) was fine but it did tend to become a bit repetitive during our 1 week stay. However, the beer came in glasses and you could serve yourself via a proper beer tap. In my other experiences of all inclusive the drinks (i.e. Beer) were in small plastic cups.

The WIFI was ok but a bit expensive for what it is. I think to be honest these places should really be able to do free WIFI now.

Generally, it was a decent place to stay. I am sure there are better but I am also sure there are places that are worse.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scottdsellers
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at the plazamar food was good area good very close to everything rooms very spacious cleaned every other day 80% of balconys have pool views all inclusive choice good cocktails on tap beer pour your own Cruz campo pour your own sangria etc order burgers hotdogs etc daytime from bar area lifeguard verygood childrens entertainer Anne Marie great and very friendly but evening entertainment was very poor day off on Saturdays aswell jutlandia hotel across the road better entertainment and can use all inclusive over there but all that hotel eats in plazamar so can get very crowded at dinner times now the bad points!!!!!! Reception staff very rude seen it with so many guests no need for this 2 euro for a poolside umbrella never had to pay for these at any hotel evening entertainment awful all inclusive stops at 11pm if you have booked you will have a good time so don't worry just remember to bite your lip with the rude reception staff

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bwfc1
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Cheap last minute deal so we knew we were risking it. Needs modernising and staff need someone to explain to them that the idea is to keep the customers happy, as they just didn't seem to care. Our room was not cleaned well and was noisy from people coming and going all the time but when we asked for a room change, they told us no way. At mealtimes the all inclusive people from across the road come over in a hoard to attack the buffet. Not enough space for everyone and not a good feeling competing for a decent table to simply sit and eat your meal! Swimming pool was too small and not enough sunbeds to go round so we went down to the beach a lot. Next time will research and book a good hotel in advance so we know what we are really getting.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sonia J
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent a week a plazamar with my teenage daughter and 8 year old son. Had an amazing time. Was very concerned after reading many reviews, but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Had originally gone to book self catering but then found it on a different website for £30 extra for the whole week to go all inclusive.
Studio was clean, well equipped and lots of storage space, small balcony which had a clothes airer, table and chairs. Towels and bedding changed 3 times whilst there. Bar staff were fantastic knew my drink and room number within a few visits to the bar. Food was good, nothing special, but what I expected for a 3 star hotel with no extra restaurants. We usually had breakfast/ snacks or lunch there and would head out for dinner to meet friends in the evening. Kids loved the ice cream and chocolate fountain which was there on 2 of the nights before we headed out. Reception staff were always very helpful, printed my boarding passes for me, booked taxis even searched the internet for a restaurant telephone number and phoned them re a problem with my card payment the night before. Always willing to help. Pool was good, clean and lifeguard always watching out.
Didn't use kids club so can't comment but my youngest enjoyed the games in the pool which were organised daily. Popped over to see their sister hotel across the road which looked nice but we were quite happy using our pool and facilities. 5-10 minute walk to the beach and loads of restaurants and shops there too. Went along to the square at the other end of santa ponsa, good for young kids but they could easily spend a fortune within minutes there so give them a budget. Games and rides galore with some entertainment in between. 2 nights there was enough for us. Would go back to Santa Ponsa and would happily book the Plazamar again.

Room Tip: We had a room on 2nd floor near restaurant and no noise issues, but maybe if kids were really young you'd prefer to be further away from there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family