“Good holiday, good value for price paid.”

Aparthotel Holiday Center
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Liverpool
“Good holiday, good value for price paid.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We paid £1000 all inclusive for a family of 4, based on this you have to say it is very good value for money.

All the staff were excellent, particularly the blonde lady with a tattoo on her arm, such a lovely lady, and the barman who was so happy and friendly, and helpful every single night.

The apartments are good sized, and the facilities are all good. Everywhere is very clean.

The food suits the price paid, it is good quality, however there is limited choice approx. 5 - 6 hot choices per lunch and evening meal, plus salad bar. We are all good eaters, and not fussy so fine for us, just not lots of choice.

The maid service is very limited, beds in bedroom only changed once in 9 nights, but fresh towels and sheets left out every other day. As previous reviewer says this reflects price paid, and anybody expecting beds made every day, should pay more or go 4 - 5 stars.

Entertainment day and night is not great, they only had one entertainer [Felix], who I'm sure said he has worked there since 1989 (!!), he does 3 day time activities every day except Saturday, but they are at 12:15, 1:15 and 2:15 which covers the lunch times, so he could be a bit more flexible with this. Activities included archery, pool, air rifle etc.

Night entertainment also not great, again its Felix who starts around 8.45pm, and usually does Bingo at 9pm for 3 euros with good cash prizes each night of around 100 euros, this lasts until around 10pm, and then Felix spends another hour doing Quiz night, Mister or Miss Holiday Center, and on only one night out of 9 was an outside show which was the Parrot Night.

There was nothing specific for children which was a little disappointing for us, but our children occupied themselves in the games room, or with other children so wasn't a big deal.

There is a kids club there, but apparently it doesn't open until June.

Weather was great while we there, there was an issue with sunbeds for the first few days, but management clamped down on this, so hopefully this will resolve for the rest of the season.

Please bear in mind the price you pay for your holiday, as this was definitely a good holiday for the price we paid.

3 Thank 300TRACY1967
hotelplaza, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Holiday Center, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thanks for your review, you seem to have had a good time so we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Polish first
Lancashire
Reviewed 20 April 2014

went with 3 mates for a cycling break, all in our 40's, the rooms were clean if basic, food good enough, but superb value considering what we paid. Misunderstanding with room handled really badly though

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

3 Thank Gibbo1882
As you dont go into any detail about what happened I cant really explain, but thanks anyway for taking the time to write a review
Rome
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were a family of four(two children).Our holiday was good and bad simultaneously.The food was okay,the room was good for the money we paid but our disappointment was caused by another things like-not all of the staff speak English,the lady at the reception wasn`t so polite with us when we had to ask something!
My two children were bored-nothing for children is made.No mini disco(like in other hotels) only animation for adults.Mr Felix needs to change his programme a little.Bingo,Bingo...It is completely boring.I am sorry but next time we will be looking for a hotel with more facilities for children!

2 Thank FLORA65
Sorry you didnt have a good time here with us, we have all kinds of activities for children in the summer including a kids club, thanks for taking the time out to write a review

Travellers are raving about these Santa Ponsa hotels

Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went here for the first week of the easter holidays with the kids and I suppose what made the holiday even better was the exceptional weather with only one days rain in a week, which was actually a godsend for me as I had sat in the sun too long the first three days and had a touch of sunburn! On arrival at the hotel the reception area is small and the one staff member was having trouble booking everyone in s it was past midnight and everybody was a bit impatient. He was being helped out by another staff member from the hotel, who put the all inclusive bands on the guests. But this process could have been quicker. We were shown to our room by this other staff member, who said he was going that way anyway and our room was down quite a few steps and the hotel did not seem designed for those with trouble walking. This was difficult, even with assistance, with all the cases and kids to get to the room, which was on the bottom floor near the sand pit. The room was basic, but clean, but as mentioned by some other reviewers the walls are thin and my partner did hear other guests making lots of noise coming home during the night and the buzzers were annoying. With a few drinks in me am quite heavy sleeper so this is fine for me. The restaurant is a decent size, but not suitable for all guests in the hotel to dine in here at once so the hotel operate two different coloured all inclusive bands and we had blue bands. This suited us for breakfast as our breakfast slot was 9.30-11.00am and allowed a longer lie from the silver banded guests. Lunch did not bother me what time it was at. However, dinner for us was too late as the timeframe was 8.30-10.00pm. I am fine eating late on, but not so great for the kids plus the evening entertainment started at 9pm so sticking rigidly to these times would almost certainly mean you missed it. The entertainment was not extensive, but did usually consist of cash bingo at 3 euros a card with the prizes usually about 40 euros for a straight line and 100 euros a house. If there was sufficient demand he would play another card and the prize money would drop slightly due to lower demand. Through the day we mainly sat at the pool, but as the hotel got busier it became increasingly difficult to get a sunbed as the hotel allows gusts to 'reserve' these with towels early in the morning and many by the poolside could lay unoccupied for most of the morning, which would be frustrating. The drinks on the all inclusive were the usual local branded spirits and San Miguel beer. The beer was always cold and the drinks were free poured so they were fairly strong. Kids could help themselves to ice cream and ice lollies were available to buy. The freezer containing the ice lollies was moved a couple of days into our trip so I can only assume some kids were taking liberties. The food in the restaurant was nice and I always found plenty to eat. There was usually a pasta option, chips, a meat option, a fish option and then vegetables on the hot plate and most evenings some items were cooked fresh on the hot plate by the chef. During our visit these included pork, fish, courgettes and aubergines. The salad bar was always well stocked. Staff members are pleasant and reception booked us a taxi when we were going to Magaluf one day of the trip. The pool is a decent size, but was slightly cold. There was a decent sized play park for the kids and games area with pool tables and air hockey. There was also a small kids pool. The sand pit may go unnoticed if you were situated on the other side of the hotel, but is a good addition and usually shaded during the day with trees. Overall a nice visit and I could only recommend this hotel. Main gripe was with the lack of sunbeds due to guests reserving them, but most other aspects were fine.

Room Tip: High floor look to have excellent views
1 Thank Mark T
Can I just point out that it is certainly NOT allowed for customers to reserve sunbeds and there are notices around that say as much, you should have just moved the towels and sunbathed as it is inconsiderate and selfish of other guests to do this. Sorry this seems to have spoilt your holiday and hope it hasnt put you off coming back to see us in the future! Thank you for taking the time to put up what is a very positive review
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

First I'll start by repeating what some other reviewers have said "were the people who have written a bad review staying at the same place as me?!".
I returned from my week's holiday with my partner and 2 children (aged 7 and 11) last night, with my children stating that their holiday had been 'epic' and myself and my partner wondering when we can go back!
Granted we all expect different things from a holiday, but, in terms of value for money this hotel was fantastic. I paid less than 1k for a week's all inclusive, and with what we drank alone we worked out it would've cost us well over 100€ per day if we had had to pay (cocktails are 6€ each and the children were constantly getting themselves soft drinks and hot chocolates (because they could!)). Drinks were served from 10am, earlier than previous places I had been and there was also no limit to the number of drinks you could get - to my knowledge 'all inclusive' usually means that you can only get the local stuff anyway. It wouldn't pay the hotel to serve branded stuff as it would cost too much - they are a business after all (and if I remember rightly 'all inclusive' used to be so expensive that only people with loads of money could afford it - so bring on the cheap cocktails is what I say!) If you want an adult's San Francisco ask Ricardo as he makes it with banana liquer and vodka!
Talking of Ricardo, on to the staff. I am seriously amazed at the hours that some of the staff were putting in, and the fact that some, when they had finished in the restaurant were then working in the bar (this is after they had done the breakfast, lunch and dinner shift!). Most of the staff were really friendly and spoke some English (some very good) which is embarassing when you think that very few holiday makers could be bothered to even offer an 'hola', 'gracias' or 'adios'. We were all confident enough to say a few basic phrases which were welcomed by the staff who clearly appreciated the fact we tried. Some staff deserve a special mention, Felix (who made us smile with his qwirky sayings ...sorry to the previous reviewer who did not care for this but where I come from, holiday entertainment is supposed to be cheesy!), Ricardo the very jolly barman, and the lovely blonde 'waitress/bartender' who was always smiling and friendly (kicking myself for not getting her name but she had an amazing tattoo!)
The pool area was lovely. As previous reviewers have mentioned, the sun loungers can get taken up very quickly (I believe the tradition of reserving them with towels was started by the Germans and so now it is very competitive, not just here but everywhere). The day before we were leaving the hotel were putting up signs saying it is forbidden to reserve sunbeds by putting towels on them....the next morning we saw that people were now putting lilos and toys on them....if the hotel can stop it from happening I would be surprised, particularly as the colour banding system for meals would mean that the people who go earlier for breakfast would automatically get first dibs on the sun beds.
The food was ok. Basic but we didn't go hungry, again you get what you pay for. Our room was just right for the amount we spent in it. We were out for breakfast by 9.30, then returned to the apartment to change before spending the day by the pool. Back to the room for a shower and change then out for dinner and the evening's entertainment, Those reviewers who have written about the fact that there are two single beds not a double, I am wondering if you have been abroad before? I have never been to any foreign place where they have double beds. As for comments about the sheets not being changed during a week's stay, why would they need to be? I can guarantee noone changes their sheets that often at home, so why expect it from a hotel? It costs money to provide these services so if it is done more regularly, your holiday is going to start costing more, simple!
As far as we as a family are concerned, to be honest, the worst thing about the holiday was...wait for it....the guests! People who had no regard for the establishment, who would kick the pool table to try and get a free game (therefore putting it out of action whilst it got repaired), who would leave litter everywhere (clearly with the mindset that it is the job of the staff to pick it up), who would let their children run riot jumping on sunbeds during the evening or even onto the roof of the bar, and allow their kids to pretty much take over the pool table area so that the people who were already playing a game had their game taken over, and in the dinner hall would greedily take loads of food because they could and then leave it!
It makes me sad to think that, because people are away they expect to be waited on...it is hardly a big effort to put rubbish in a bin or treat things with respect.
As I said, we loved this resort. It was pretty, in a nice location, and had just what we needed. We will definitely be going again.

5 Thank Vikki B
What a fabulous review!! thank you so much for taking the time to write it and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future, thanks again
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at the Holiday center from April 7 to 14 this year. I have to say that the place was perfect for us, 2 adults and 2 kids ( 6 and 4.5). The rooms were fairly big with a nice landscape and plenty of features to keep the kids engaged while we sipped on our drinks and soaked up the sun.
The food was good and the bar was lovely. We took a stroll down to the beach most days and did some window shopping at the local shops.All in all, Our family had a brilliant time and definitely will recommend this place to friends with kids.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have kids
1 Thank Reejo P
Thanks for your lovely review, looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at these apartments last week and had a pretty good week weather and all. Our apartment 209 was clean, roomy and served its purpose, with equipment to cook if needed.
The walls were a little thin if the neighbours are noisy, and the door buzzers were a bit annoying as the sound travelled up through the walls from other rooms (especially if kids keep their fingers on them for ages).But not normally an issue during the night.
Drinks were good quality and plentiful, served by hard working polite staff. The cups came with lids and straws which is very useful at poolside.
Sunbeds were plentiful, but you had to be quick thanks to the midnight towel leavers !!! Plus the reserved beds were often still 'reserved late in the day with no sign whatsoever of the occupants - naughty !!!
Food was reasonable quality. I'm not a fussy eater so managed to get something every day, but a few things were definitely no go's (e.g. rabbit ) Child friendly food was also in short demand except for chips, pasta and rice. Salad bar was very nice. Puds 'samey' - jelly, crème caramel, angel delight type stuff and a pastry/cake.
Breakfast was usually cold meats/cheese etc., fried eggs (always fresh), bacon, sausage, beans, fried sliced potatoes, mushrooms. Cereal (real sugar puffs, Weetabix, muesli) croissants, biscuits, Fruit including dates prunes raisins. Yoghurt (fruit & natural).
Coffee, juice machine and toaster all in same very tight area near cold meat area. Not ideal !!
The queuing system really left a lot to be desired. no real organisation. this could be rectified with simple signage. Plates also stored under the counters which again was not ideal.

This is a good value for money break, so no complaints from me. I don't understand how they do it so cheaply. I had my moneys worth in soft drinks alone.

The facilities were minimal, but sufficed. The adult pool was pretty deep all over, and the kiddies pool was ok. Activities included rifles, killer pool, boules, water volleyball. at night mainly bingo.
Football/sport was shown on the screen in the bar.
Local shops etc. were worth a short stroll to, did not go on the beach.

All inclusive drinks finished at 11.00PM
All staff members were extremely friendly and approachable,
A good holiday is there to be had by all. Enjoy

If you take a hire car be prepared to pay 8 euros per day parking - or park behind McDonalds for free- just avoid the blue roadside areas with meters, and obviously yellow lines.

Room Tip: Blocks A B C D Are away from pool but near kitchen/restaurant/laundry Blocks E F G H I J Are poolsi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rookie1963
Thanks for a very thorough review, again the subject of reserving sunbeds crops us, and I repeat it is not company policy to allow this, glad you enjoyed yourselves though and hope to see you again in the future