“Awful Place that could potentially be a decent spot with right management.”

Aparthotel Holiday Center
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here last September,so i have had plenty of time to think about all the many annoying reasons why people with any kind of Moral decency should avoid this place. Firstly the staff are extremely rude, I tend to greet people with a smile wherever i happen to be in the world, did the same entering the Holiday Center, Male receptionist however did not reciprocate in fact he completely ignored us for 10 minutes, shuffling papers. I honestly think he would have continued shuffling for the rest of his shift if i hadn't said may we check in. He didn't seem to like that and without any other words he said PASSPORTS, nothing else was said during check in he pushed a form to me for me to fill in which i did, he pushed passports back to me, he handed me a key and started shuffling papers again, i asked where is the room he said down steps, pointed left and said go to end, I asked about our all inclusive package, he pointed to the restaurant door and said it closed now, Breakfast tomorrow. It was 10pm and it turned out all inclusive at Holiday Center is full board of Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and local drinks, during our stay we noticed that any drink we were served was in a plastic glass, when i asked why other guests where drinking out of Glasses and we were drinking out of plastic we were told all inclusive only get plastic, I'm not much of a drinker but like Sangria, which i was served several times during the first 3 days of the holiday, just the juice, no ice, fruit etc that other guests where given in there glass jugs as a reward for not paying up front, on day 4 however my Husband was told by a barman who had served us Sangria for previous 3 days that Sangria was not included in All inclusive package, I explained he had served me several Sangria since my arrival and he said I know, ask management, didn't bother asking, there was so much worse things going on, Couples physically fighting outside apartments, 4 men continually smoking dope around pool area, stags pulling each others trunks off in front of Children, while staff laughed, this place is the holiday from hell place, reason i said it had potential is the apartments pool area and gardens are all nice areas that need a bit of up dating but could be attractive, get rid of the crap staff and the riff raff guests and the place could be good. Food was Ok, but as other guests say, repetitive, this was and will be my last all inclusive break.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marion N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed there for 10 days with two more families from the North east. The rooms were clean and the flat screen TV with loads of Disney channels was bliss for the kids. A great hotel with a superb restaurant with very good choice of food and drink. Being all inclusive meant we all had what we wanted. Thanks to Natalia for being so patient with our children.
They organised loads of activities in the pool and also outside. There was even a small theatre stage for children to put shows all closely directed by Felix and supported by the parents.
We also had a minor cut which was speedily dealt by Margarite and the lifeguard. They had a fully kitted first aid box.
My wife and I have been dismayed when reading some over the top malicious reviews. All we can say is go and enjoy and see for yourselves, do extensive research on different websites and beware of touts.
The children have made loads of friends and cant wait for the next holiday. We will definitely go back.
Thanks for a fantastic holiday

Room Tip: Rooms away from the bar are better for families.
2  Thank Nigel S
Daniel A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Holiday Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thanks for your fabulous review, delighted youve been able to see through things the same as we do, looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just returned from these apartments after a fantastic 5 nights with my best friend and daughter. We were slightly worried having read some of the reviews but everything was great. I really don't know what people find to complain about. Yes the apartment interiors are a little dated but plenty of room for 3 of us and really comfy beds with memory foam mattresses. The photos don't do the complex justice, it's very attractively laid out with a lovely pool and bar area. There are lots of steps to negotiate but we deliberately chose a top floor room, the views were much better and it was a great workout for the legs several times a day! The balcony is tiny but good enough to dry your towels etc. There are no parasols, however one side of the pool has some trees for shade. We stayed on bed and breakfast and had a wide choice of food. There can't possibly be anything else you would want - full English, bread and pastries, cereals, yogurt, fresh and dried fruit, eggs, juice tea coffee etc. I can't comment on evening meals or entertainment as we went out to eat every night and massive choice of bars etc. it's true that the resort is saturated with Irish visitors and bars but the majority seemed friendly and the English that were there are typically the pie and chips brigade. It's very difficult but not impossible to find something served without chips. We had lovely pretty healthy meals every night. There is a supermarket next door to the apartments for water and lunchtime snacks etc. A special mention for the staff of KMSS. A lovely bar with cheap drinks and all ages welcomed. The beach is beautiful with gently sloping sands and plenty of sun beds and parasols. I would return to these apartments

Room Tip: High floor if you can manage the steps
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alison S

Thanks for your lovely review, so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a 9 days stay with 3 rooms between our group. The rooms were basic but not cleaned or linen changed in 2 of the rooms for the entire stay. Even though this was requested 3 times.

The place is mostly used as all inclusive and I found this to be the reason that most of the guest spent their days getting absolutely pissed drunk with no regard for their own safety or that of their children. The children were left to jump off balaconies and low roofs or just do whatever they wanted including boisterous play in and around the pool with no lifeguards or extra staff in that area. Some parents were so far intoxicated that they could barely speak.

One of our party had a fall upon entering the bar by slipping on ice on the floor and there was no staff to offer help, advice or even a bandage. She has since come home to find out she broke her hand and wrist and it requires an operation.

One evening when we were heading out to dinner, there was poo all over the stairs leading up to the Reception. We informed the reception staff of this and also that it was all over the toilet in the reception area including the sink and walls. When were returned later that evening, it wasn't cleaned at all.

My 3 year old daughter was pushed down the slide by a group of 10 year olds in front of my eyes. When I asked them to stop the pushed her the second time and also another child. I spoke with the lady in reception who asked spoke with them and they still never moved and started laughing at us. She just shrugged and walked back up the stairs. My daughter was also bitten alive in the Sandpit.

The pool is freezing cold and not very well equipped for the amount of guests in the hotel and poorly laid out. And you need to get up before 7am to guarantee and good position in the pool area. The wifi is €15 for the week and it's dreadful. Certainly not worth paying for as the connection constantly dropped no matter where in the complex we were.

After reading the reviews on this, I had great expectation of this hotel. I normally stay in the Holiday Park but it couldn't accomodate all of our party. I would never ever return to this hotel if I was paid and it has actually put me off returning to Santa Ponsa as a resort. These points were only the tip of the iceberg I'm afraid and I am still shocked by reading the positive reviews that the hotel got especially those that seemed to stay there the same time as us as there was lots of people complaining.

Honestly, I have nothing good to say of my experience in this hotel and certainly wouldn't be recommending it. I plan to write to the management of the hotel about my experience there too. If you want a good holiday in Santa Ponsa, stay away from this place and preferable go across the road to the Holiday Park where there is plenty of staff there to cater to your needs as I think that was the main problem with this hotel. They just seems so understaffed and unable to cope with the amount of guests the centre had.

4  Thank Anita B

First of all can I say how disappointed I am to hear you didnt enjoy your holiday in our complex, I would like to go through your review one point at a time as I have invested a good amount of my time going through each section and finding out from staff exactly what has gone on here.

After looking through the records of the housekeeper she assures me your rooms were cleaned, towels and toilet roll left every other day and clean bedding when you reached your 6th day with us.

I find it extremely hard to believe that children were jumping off balconies and roofs, there is no way our staff would permit this. As for their parents and the amount they drink, this too is under control, it would be counter productive for us to keep plying an already drunk person with more alcohol as safety is a big issue with us. However we are not nannies and if there was a bit of horseplay that you thought was a bit too boisterous you should clearly have pointed it out to a member of staff.

Felix our entertainer remembers well the night your friend fell while dancing. He personally offered to open the lower gate to the complex and accompany her to the medical centre about 300m away, when she heard she had to pay she didnt want to go and assured him she was fine. We have full first aid boxes in all areas of the hotel. As Felix has to pass your apartment every day to do the activities he inquired after her hand every day after and was told every time that she was fine, no lack of concern on our part at all and Im sure if it was actually broken she would have been in complete agony for the rest of her stay with us.

Thank you so much for reporting to reception about the excrement on the stairs, our recepcionist and on-duty cleaning lady went straight away to clean it up, however after checking they found nothing either in the reception toilet or the toilets in the dining room.

Our recepcionist quite clearly remembers going out to the play area to see what was going on after you came up to complain to her, she went out and duly asked the older children to stop what they were doing, however they were Polish and didnt understand her although they mustve got the gist as apparently they left the park and your daughter went quite happily down the slide herself.

So sorry you dont like the layout of our pool area as it seems to be a big hit with most of our customers, however it is difficult to please everybody, we have signs up forbidding the saving of sunbeds.

If you had come up to reception about your WI-FI connection we would have given you a new ticket, and if that hadnt been successful your full money would have been returned. It is a problem we are trying our hardest to resolve I can assure you.

Lastly can I reassure you that we are by no means understaffed. Hope you continue to enjoy your holidays wherever they may take you

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Apartment was clean and spacious. Staff were polite and helpful. The pool was clean and there was plenty of sunbeds. There was no shade though . The food was good but not a lot of choice. The entertainment was adequate with bingo and a quiz. There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. The beach is about ten minutes walk from the apartments and was very clean. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
4  Thank Adele G

Thank you for your review, hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just got back after ten days with the hubby, a teenager and a 5 year old. The apartments are basic, spotlessly clean and have a decent telly with English channels, perfect for us. Pool bar and pool area are fantastic, clean and well kept, friendly staff and you at least got pint plastic glasses rather than halves which we have had at other all incs. Staff didnt restrict your drinks either, so we werent trailing to the bar every five mins.
Location great, 2 mins to all bars and restaurants on the strip, lovely beach and decent public transport. Went to Palma for the day took half hour to get there and also Palma Nova beach which is stunning and huge, spent a day there with its fantastic water sports.
Only real issue was the food. There was a fish dish and usually a pork dish every night which wern't very nice but they did have salmon twice while we were there which was lovely and they have a lovely chicken dish ( a bit like coq o'vin with plenty of fresh chicken fillets) and they had what looked like roast been in gravy which was gorgeous, only spoilt by one very greedy lady who took half of the tray for herself while leaving everyone else in the queue waiting for another tray to be brought out. The rest of the time, it was the past, chips and salad that were really edible. If the food was improved then i would rate this place tops for location and excellent value for money. Went out to eat a few times but it is expensive in Majorca, on par or more expensive than britain.
Went to a fantastic steak house called the Block House, my hubby treated us both to a fillet steak and a bottle of Rioja and it came to 90 euro's so not cheap but bloody lovely.
Would i go to holiday centre again? if the price was right then yes. Not a bad deal at all for us and Majorca is pretty but there are much more choices and the prices are much better in Ibiza.

Room Tip: get a ground floor room if you have children and try and get into the restaurant first.
2  Thank sarahsue001

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, for the main part you seem to have enjoyed yourself which is always good to hear, food is something that is extremely difficult to cater to every single persons taste, however we are continually striving to make our menu better.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

clean well maintained apartments. furniture old but so what not planning spending much time indoors. great location.
we arw planning to return in september. excellent value for money. love santa ponsa and the irish bars are great..

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Karenlawler
Daniel A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Holiday Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for a great little review, look forward to seeing you again in September!!