“Very helpful”

Aparthotel Holiday Center
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel years ago and loved it. I was recently in santa ponsa again staying in a different hotel but came in to the holiday centre looking for directions as the staff in my hotel were highly ignorant, the receptionist in holiday centre was very helpful and friendly he looked up where i wanted to go and showed me on the map exactly where to go and what it was near, I also came back to holiday centre to print out my boarding passes as my hotel wouldn't do it for me and told me find somewhere else and the receptionist was very happy to help. safe to say my next and all other visits to santa ponsa i will most certainly be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank LetsBeHonestLike
Holiday C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Holiday Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thanks for your lovely comments, looking forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 7 August 2014

After reading reviews I wished I hadn't booked this place but I was delighted with this friendly family hotel . The apartments were spacious and clean , the staff were fabulous and being so close to the strip I was amazed how quiet it was after midnight . The food was ok , typical buffet AI but managed to eat something every meal .A good holiday for price.

3  Thank carDurham

Lets be thankful that you didnt listen to the negative things said about us and came to find out for yourself, glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the review

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I must admit to being very worried after reading several reviews on here But I must admit I was Pleasently surprised We found it clean and comfortable and very good value We went all inclusive and the drinks where served in large measures hardly any queues by pleasant hard working staff nothing was to much trouble The pool area was clean could do with a few parasols as there is none but that aside lots of little sun terraces to sunbathe if you wanted to be away from the pool. Meals where basic but of good quality always fresh the waiters waitresses serve you drinks at meal times I think this is to avoid accidents with glasses the rest is self service but be aware unlike other AI I have been to snacks are not included.
The rooms are in units of 4 so if your on the 3rd floor there are lots of stairs to negotiate as there are no lifts but the views are stunning Flat Screen TVs good reception British Channels 1 Bed apartments come with fridge kettle Cooker etc Cleaners come twice a week with change of towels only. If you like your Hotel to be full of entertainment this may not be for you when we was there just one show a week the parrot show but Felix tries his best getting the kids involved and the usual Bingo and Quizes and Mr & Mrs etc
All in all you get what you pay for and with this hotel you do get good value for money One thing to be aware of you are asked to pay additionally for Air Conditioning approx. 4 Euros a day plus 20 euro deposit for control If you book with some companies its complementary so if that's the case print off a copy of this to show reception. We did and didn't get charged

Room Tip: 3rd Floor rooms have great views but beware the steps
1  Thank Facevalue_10

Thank you for a very pleasant and honest review, hope youll return to see us again in the future

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lets be clear we did enjoy our stay at this complex, but sadly a few things did spoil the trip some what.

The Positives
The service staff are very friendly given the hours they work and the amount they are expected to do it is a credit to the smooth running of the Holiday Center.(To the reviewers that say the staff were rude, I challenge them to their jobs for a day and see how polite you are by the end of the shift!)
The pool and surrounding area are spotlessly clean and not a broken or dirty sunbed in sight.
The food for AI was of a great variety and you can eat as healthy as you like, breakfast really is the best one of the day tho!
The hotel is in a great spot very handy to the beach and the shopping area. If like me you like to run there are really beautiful runs around the local area.
The entertainment also deserves the mention Felix really does his best to get everyone involved with the Quizzes/Bingo/Shooting/Boules and numerous other activities.

Negatives
The steps, after 10 days hauling a buggy up and down really did get annoying.
The Toast/Coffee/Juice area at breakfast really does need to be given more space and is a real bottle neck at peak times.
The gauntlet of Irish bars and promo staff that you have to negotiate to get to the nicer part of Santa Ponsa.
Yes the rooms are a little tired but if like us we only used them for sleeping in and spent most of our time by the pool or walking along the beach front.

The Cot issue
As we were traveling and arriving late at night with a 11 month old baby we had requested when booking and also emailed the Holiday Center to insure that we would have a cot in our room when arrived. we did get a response from Maria to say this would be taken care of, but of course when we arrived there was no cot in the room. We did go straight to reception to try and arrange a cot for the night. We were informed that this wasn't possible late at night as none of the technical team were there, advised to have the baby sleep between us in the two single beds pushed together, hardly very satisfactory and good nights rest was had by no one. The issue was resolved the next morning, with the aid of a travel cot.

The second issue arose when my wife went to reception on our last day to sort out check out and showering facilities for departure day. When confirming this the receptionist removed her All Inclusive band and was asked that I come up to have mine removed also, when I went to reception I asked for a voucher for my lunch and for dinner as we had paid for 10 days AI but was told that I had used my full allowance of AI due to my time of arrival, when I pointed I arrived in the middle of the night so therefore couldn't have used what the receptionist though she relented and offered us a lunch voucher. by now and had lost my patience and wanted to speak to the manager and a meeting was arranged for an hour later. At the meeting we I laid out my experience with the cot and the issue with the AI band and all I was asking for as means of compensation was the use of the bands until departure that night which out the thought was a fair amount.This was refused by the manger who offered a Lunch voucher and food from the snack menu in the pool bar for dinner. I declined his offer as I was going to be traveling at night and wanted a decent meal before departing.

As like most people I was very nervous about the stay in the Holiday Center after reading some other reviews on TripAdvisor but have to say I cant really understand some of the reviews based on our experience, I guess some people are just hard to please.

Over all the we did enjoy our stay, for the budget we spent we cant really fault much in the value just some small service items spoiled the overall memory of our first family holiday.

Room Tip: Get a low floor room to avoid the steps. Get up for breakfast as close to 8am as possible any later...
6  Thank PablotheDonkey

Our most sincere apologies for the cot issue and the disruption it caused on your first night. Im afraid the problem with the PRs along the street is nothing to do with the hotel. Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Like a lot of people we were rather cautious having read all the negative reviews, so what a wonderful surprise when we arrived at the hotel. staff are extremely polite and pleasant, and work very hard

The hotel pool area is so pretty. lovely palm trees and colourful flowers everywhere you look. plenty of sunbeds and natural shade.
It was very clean and our rooms were cleaned, beds changed etc 3 times in a week which is adequate i feel.

The food was lovely and fresh with plenty of choice, if you cant find something you like then Im baffled!

All the other guests were families like ourselves just having normal holiday fun. We didnt see any groups of stag/hen dos at all.

the hotel is in a great location for beach and the centre and we had stunning views from our balcony of the sea and pool.

I have been holidaying in majorca now for 35 years and have stayed in 5 star hotels so obviously I know the difference. but if your on a budget and want a lovely pleasant hotel for your family then book to come here.
We will be returning next year along with some more of our famiy and friends

Room Tip: ask for a high pool/sea view only about 4 flights of stairs and scenery is stunning
12  Thank Nicola G

Thanks for a fabulous review, looking forward to seeing all your friends and family next year!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here 17-24th July with my husband and our 7 year old and 7 month old. Firstly if having a coach transfer prepare for at least 2 hours, not the stated 30 minutes from airport as you will be the last drop off! We had a clean (but very basic) room, but everything you could need on a weeks break. Beds sooooooo comfy!

Pool area a little cramped when everyone there but drinks are very good and bar staff are friendly and helpful.

Breakfast and lunch were great every day but dinner wasn't great. We ate out every night after the first night of trying it. There are so many places to eat though, and for the price of the holiday we really didn't mind. Please try casa pueblo...a little discreet place about 100 yards down on the left from hotel. Traditional Spanish food and warm welcome. Makes a change from all the burger/fast food places you see everyone else in!

All I would say about this hotel is; it should decide if it is going to cater for families or large groups of young people because although we had a great, undisturbed time, many people we met had terrible noise (and other problems) all night most nights.

All in all we had a lovely lovely holiday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Angie-Peaches

Thanks for your review and your comment about our lovely brand new memory foam comfy beds!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've just returned from a week at the holiday center 16th - 23rd July. I traveled with my partner and 2 children aged 13 & 7.

We had a good holiday here overall but there are a few factors that should be taken in to account. It's is a 3 star and this must be rembered when moaning. The hotel this ok, in a good location, just 5 mins walk to the beach and strip with lots of bars etc that happily welcome kids in to the early hours! They have entertainment every evening and during the day which is ok.

The staff work hard and are friendly enough. We never encountered any issues here. There is a mini club running every day except Sunday. It's ran by Lucy who helps get the kids involved and gives the kids a chance to get to know each other. Both of my kids made friends here and we were happy to let them play around there together as the grounds felt safe.

There are a few negatives.... One REAL grip of mine about this hotel is the sunbed issue. I had read about this in previous reviews before I left and must agree it is an issue that the hotel must clamp down on! People reserve the sunbeds with their towels from early and sod off for most of the day. We are the sort of family that enjoy going out and exploring the area then coming back and relaxing. This was not possible as the sunbeds are taken up all day by people who are nowhere to be seen. I took a pic of the pool area at lunchtime. All sunbeds had towels on but most of the people weren't there. In the end we ended up putting our towels on the beds on our way to breakfast other wise we would not be able to get a sunbed all day.(if u can't beat em and all that!)

The other negative is the food. We are by no means a family of fussy eater but this food is extremly bland and repetive. Every meal was one meat dish, one fish dish, chips & pasta/rice. If you don't like the meat or fish dish you are just eating pasta and chips. I ending up filling up on bread. But mostly you can usually find something to eat though and as I said this is a 3 star so it's bound to be quite limited! Because of the repetivness we went out to eat a few times. I particularly liked Mrs Murphy's kitchen a few mins walk down the road. Snacks are not included at this hotel so not really fully All inclusive in my opinion!

Finally bear in mind that the maids are not really maids at all, simply cleaners who drop off clean towels and clean the empty room when you leave. They did not change the beds once and as it was very hot the beds were a little sweaty, we simply spoke to reception and they sent us clean sheets and we changed our own beds. I must say the beds are very comfortable and all have memory foam mattresses.

Overall we had a great holiday at the holiday center but don't think I would return. If you have booked a holiday here don't be deterred, as long as you go bearing in mind it is a 3 star and the holiday is what you make it you will have a good time :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Claire3141

Shame you wont be returning to stay with us again, we believe that having 3 meals a day is more than enough and pizzas burgers etc between meals is just too much, then people go up to the dining room at lunch time just because theyve paid for AI and pile the food up only to be thrown away as they arnt really hungry. The bedchanging once a week is a GREEN thing, most people change their beds once a week and in many higher rated hotels this is becoming the trend. Thanks for writing your review about us