“AVOID at all cost! Spend a little bit more staying somewhere you wont get eat alive.”
Review of Hotel Miranda

Hotel Miranda
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to stay on in Santa Ponsa for an extra five days. As we were losing money on flights we decided to book a hotel on a budget. We assumed that a "ONE STAR HOTEL" would be ideal for the five nights. Upon arrival we stood at the desk for 15minutes before anyone came. I had to go looking for them. We were giving a room on the second floor. There was nothing in the room expect for two beds and a table. The bathroom was that small I could touch both sides of the walls without fully strectching. Likewise for the balcony. As it was only five nights we sayed nothing. However, that night as soon as the light was turned off we could feel our skin crawling. We got no sleep beacause of this and the constant humming noise from downstairs. There is no air conditioning but there is a fan that is impposible to sleep with beacuse of the racket it creates. We woke up with around 16 bites between us. We understand that Spain has these problems when the weather starts to heat up however, I have lived in southen spain for two years and I have never been bit that much in all that time. Pulling back the bed sheets I found two mosquitos squashed and hair under the cover I did not sleep in. When I went to approach the "manager/owner" of the hotel about these issues later that day she was intoxicated and unable to help me. This resulted me into taking pictures of everything including the toilet brush that was disgusting, the rusty shower head, the over lime-scaled tap and the bed sheets. I emailed these to the operator I booked them through and within two hours they transferred us to a four star hotel where we could sleep and try and recover from what we endured. On checking out the "manager/owner" had not much to say only "we should have talked about this." No denial that what i was showing here existed. We were taking advantage of because we were two young holidaymakers. This place is a joke how they got even that one star is shocking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shanemarie13

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed here for 6 NTs with husband for a quick break last minute, we are used to 4 and 5 star so I prepared myself to just sleep there and stay out most of the time, however it was really good service, friendly family business and welcoming, a little dated in the rooms but very clean and the grounds well looked after, the pool area was beautiful, a friend came to Stay at a 4 star down around the corner and preferred our hotel as she was packed in like sardines there, the Miranda is a place I would defo go back, just to see the owner Linda and Mandy of course hubby too. They have guest returning all the time so I would say at least 3 stars. The chef is excellent and the home cooked food is far superior to the restaurants nearby, good value as well. There's 24hr free wifi in some rooms it was in ours room (102). Thank you Linda's husband, Linda and Mandy plus chef for a pleasant stay x x x xregards paula n tony the dog groomer x x x x x x x

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

we have just returned from a week at the miranda, i will try to keep this as simple as poss, it is 1 of the most friendlest places i have ever stayed in linda & mandy (her daughter) will do anything they can for you, the room a little small but it was clean and overlooked the pool, take my advice and have some food their because it is very good and great value, the breakfast if you are expecting a full "english" your going to be dissapointed toast,eggs,jams,fruit,ham,cheese, coffee,tea,juice, location of the hotel is fine just a short walk to the beach and bars, it is a very peacful place and quite laid/back so if you expecting a full-on drinking fest by the pool and at night in the bar then DON,T BOOK, i will be returning to the miranda when i don,t know and i have no problems with staying thier again

Room Tip: have a meal at the hotel and sit outside, the food is great
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bigcountry9
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Just returned from our second stay in four years. There were eleven of us, including our two young grandsons, and my mother in law. We all had a wonderful time, and Linda and Mandy made us so very welcome. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and they have a new chef, Juan, whose home cooking is supreme. On the last night we ordered his home made paella, and it was the best I have ever tasted. The location is in a quiet residential street, but is only a stones throw from the beach, bars and restaurants. Both old and young had a truly memorable holiday, and we are already planning to return.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of the hotel are quietest and are barely overlooked
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank thejackos
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Words cannot describe how amazing this hotel is. This is my first time staying here. We went on a family holiday with 8 adults and two small children. Linda and Mandy go out of their way for you, whether it's recommending the best restaurants to go to, or sorting you out with a pushchair and a parasol. The food in here is absolutely amazing and the service is even better, we didn't eat anywhere else, apart from Fathers Day and to be honest, we all wished we were back eating in the hotel! It's in a quiet part of Santa Ponsa and only a 5 minute walk from the beach and town. I seriously cannot say a bad word about it at all. Can't wait to go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Rachel O
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Just returned from Miranda; I have been going there for 15 or 16 years and I love it. Linda and Mandy are great and do everything to make people feel comfortable. The Sangria is the best in Santa Ponsa and the most reasonable. This year there is a chef Juan, who does really great food at a very good price. Try the Spanish Pomboli snack, it's the best I've tasted and the salads are so good...in fact so was everything I tried! The location of the hotel is great for me. Away from the hustle and bustle and only a short walk to the shops and beach. The bus stop at the end of the road provides me with transport to Palma and lots of other places one wants to visit.
Thank you Miranda for making my holidays so enjoyable. Pauline

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pauline H
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I really enjoy this hotel and have stayed more than once. It is family owned and run by a lovely family with Linda's humour an added spice. For the price it is much, much nicer than you'd expect, it's in a great location and is remarkably secluded and peaceful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo