Club Santa Ponsa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
TRH Jardin del Mar(Santa Ponsa)
  • Bar/Lounge
Sun Beach(Santa Ponsa)
  • Restaurant
H10 Casa del Mar(Santa Ponsa)
  • Restaurant
1,137 results
All reviewsfree minibussteep hillbar staffair concourtesy buson tapmassive balconyplenty of choicewalking difficultiesanimation teamsmaller poolmain poolmini clubpool areagreat holidayevery nightevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week with my friend and had a very good time. Our expectations weren't that high due to it being low season and the price we paid but we were surprised at how good it was.

The hotel is set up the top of a hill which would be dificult for some people but the hotel puts a free minibus on which takes you to the beach and town centre. This finishes at 6pm but a taxi ride only costs 4euros. The views from the whole hotel were stunning- especially from the pool and restaurant.

The resort was half closed but still plenty of bars and restaurants. Daniels Corner was a good pub with cheap drinks. More seemed to be opening at the start of April but we had a great night out in Magaluf and it was very lively. A taxi ride costs 10-11 Euros each way.

We stayed all inclusive but you get a self catering room which was set over 2 floors with kitchen, dining area, living area and 2 balconies. TV in the room was a waste of time with just BBC World News in English. There seemed to be plenty of German and Spanish channels!

Food was a small selection but we ate most days and always found something nice. They have BBQ's in the summer. Im not sure what people previously have complained about as breakfast was 8-10.30, lunch 12-2, dinner 6.30- 9 and snacks between 12-4 so that covers most of the day! There were also cakes at the bar.

You could get drinks between 10am and midnight and were good measures. Cocktails were included and were very strong! I tipped a couple of bar staff but they were still miserable and rude so don't waste your money! The other staff were great and Paddy the entertainment rep put on quizes, bingo and shows which were ok. As usual, some non- British guests were rude and didn't seem to know basic manners.

Don't bother booking a resort transfer through an agency as it takes at least 75 minutes (they tell you 45) and you can actually get a local direct bus for much less money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dannylang
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I returned from a week at this hotel yesterday as part of a group. It's a dreadful place. My room (921) was damp and cold; there was no kettle, hairdryer, toiletries or pool towels provided. The rooms are tired and shabby, and it's possible to hear everything through the paper thin walls. Room cleaning was cursory to say the least, the food was basic and lacked imagination, and there was something lurking in a plastic bag at the bottom of one of the swimming pools for a whole week........... We were not on an all-inclusive package and the bar couldn't cope with people paying cash for drinks - which were very expensive anyway. Some of the staff were very helpful but some were surly and rude (and I can speak Spanish so language was not an issue). I needed a light bulb changed in the bathroom on my first evening and was told I would have to wait until the morning...........helpful!
I think this hotel probably suits the cheap and cheerful crowd very well but I do not feel I could recommend it and I would definitely not return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Honeypot54321
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at Club Santa Ponsa from 25th March - 1st April. We as a group of 4 adults enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The food was ok, a little weird seeing green beans on the breakfast menu but each to their own! The hotel was clean and tidy, rooms were cleaned each day except Thursdays and Sundays (unless rooms were vacated for new guests).

Be warned this hotel is situated on a hill and can be a chore getting up this if you visit the beach or town however the hotel offer a shuttle bus service.

Entertainment wasn't great I have to admit but I give the entertainment staff credit always full of beans and tried his best to get people involved however the evening entertainment was basic Bingo and Quiz nights. Again if you dont mind hills its a nice walk down there where there is bars and places to eat.

Pool was arctic lol! Its one of those you need to jump in and get it over with jobs! Plenty of sunbed spaces however this was rather earlier on in the week, few more guests appeared and the sun terrace soon became busy. Two of us decided to spend some time relaxing on the beach (well worth it!!) the only downside was we couldnt see any public toilets so felt the need to grab a coffee from close by bars to use their facilities.

On the whole it served its purpose of a nice relaxing (minus the hills) holiday and would recommend this hotel for those on a relaxing holiday and dont need any hussle and bussle to keep them occupied.

I kept the best for last as the best part of this hotel was the staff (especially the bar staff) they worked so hard ensuring dinner tables were cleaned quickly and glasses collected and quick service at the bar. Give people respect and politeness you get a smile and great service in return.

p.s ensure you have some euros when you get to the hotel as there is no cash point machine and they do not change money. (nearest cash point is down that hill!) All inclusive not so bad but if you need to pay make sure you have some cash handy.

Room Tip: We stayed in 703 with looked out onto the kids playground and mountains, was peaceful but got chilly in the evenings as not much sun hits this part of the hotel. If you can get a sea view room do it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2012

If I could rate the hotel 4.5 stars I would, because it is excellent in nearly every respect apart from a few little bits and pieces.

The location isn't ideal for those with mobility problems due to a large amount of steps and also steep steps and hills around the hotel.

The food varies, there is plenty of food at the allocated times and quite a bit of variety. My only real complaint about the main meals, were the meats were very fatty and by the end of the week it all felt a bit too samey.

Outside the allocated meal times, the snacks available are extremely limited and several plates of food, were wasted by us both during meal and snack times, due to the hot food being stone cold on occasions.

The hotel could do with having a couple of evening venues and the entertainment was poor, despite the fact that the the entertainer himself was really working hard to make it enjoyable. Prehaps a quiet bar or a bar with some more adult entertainment would have been nice.

Other than that, it is a great hotel, the rooms were spacious and very clean and come with nearly everything you need, except a kettle. I had no problems with the temperture although it was only about 75f at the highest.

The hotel itself is clean and tidy in all the communial areas.

The staff in the bar and restaurant are extremely friendly and very hard working and I hope the management really appreciates this.

Overall I would definately return, but may look to eat out a few times. If you go at the right time you can get a really good deal for all inclusive, so even a few meals out won't break the bank.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I and 13 others in my party have just returned from my hen weekends away and i can honestly say i will not return to this hotel in my lifetime. All inclusive should mean all inclusive at some points of the day there was no food to be had.. Meals that we did have were basic nothing to get excited about all thought 1 day it was good. Bar shut at 12 promt and we went outside to sit on chairs and at 12.05 was to told stop laughing as other people in bed!!! We were on holiday!! Noone seemed to be in charge poor barman (louie) did everything even down to bouncer! Apartment were very clean but cold ( end of april) no kettles in room very dissapointed i could not make a cuppa in the mornings.. If your after a good holiday where you can laugh please dont go to this hotel .. Some of the staff helpful some rude.. A manager on site would be a great benefit to this hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends