Stayed at this hotel for a week with my husband and 2 young children (5&2yrs). We booked this hotel based on its #1 ranking on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed.
We arrived in the early hours of the morning and were greeted by very friendly & helpful reception staff and our cases were promptly taken to our room by a hotel porter.
Our room was very clean & tidy & in a perfect location. We were based just behind the lift around the corner from the swimming pool, ideal location as with 2 children & a buggy climbing up all those sets of steps would have been a nightmare!
Our room was cleaned every 2 days with fresh bedding & towels.
You can hire an iron for €15 (€5 refunded) and a safety deposit box for €20 (€5 refunded). The safety deposit boxes are located at the reception area rather than in your room. They're not very big, wouldn't fit in an iPad for example but ideal for keeping passports / bank cards / money etc safe.
You can access wifi for €20 for the week which we did but were disappointed with the coverage and you can only access it on one device. It only worked at certain points in the day at certain locations in the room & was fairly slow.
If you have children might be an idea to download a few films before you leave as it's unlikely the wifi will stream a film.
Although it was slow it was ok for keeping in touch with family etc.
The hotel itself is lovey. Very stylish & modern, kept very clean with extremely hard working staff.
The reception girls were always happy, helpful & friendly. Our youngest son was poorly while we were there & the receptionist would always ask after him when she saw us & was helpful in seeking medical advice for him.
The gentlemen around the hotel work very hard, moving furniture, cots, keeping the public areas tidy.
Joanne and the bar tender work equally as hard. The bar food is lovey, the pizza is deliciously & baguettes lovely & fresh.
Then you have Duane!! My 5 year son adored him, spent more time around the pool with Duane than us. All the kids enjoyed playing with Duane, pushing him in the pool, spoon diving (!!!), rifle shooting, splashing all the adults!
He also did the evening entertainment, quizzes, bingo etc, evening entertainment stopped at 12 so if you're poolside you don't have noise all night.
There was a parrot show while we were there which the kids loved and was very enjoyable. €15 for a photo with the parrots was a bit pricey but I guess they've gotta make a living & it's a nice holiday keepsake.
There is no shade around the pool which was tough for my 2year old but we took him for breaks in the bar & Duane will put Cbeebies on the tv in the bar if you ask him!!
The pool area can get busy but there is a large sun deck if you just want to sunbathe.
The 3 pools are fab. There's a small paddling pool for babies, a deeper pool for children & the main pool. The main pool was quite cold! After a while you get used to it but getting in initially - be brave! The smaller pools were slightly warmer but not much.
The location of the hotel is ideal, it's far enough away from all the main bars & restaurants so you don't suffer noise in the evenings but literally a 1 minute walk & you're in the town centre.
There's a small shop in reception which is 24/7 but there's also a spar opposite & several spars / convenience stores scattered around the town.
Besides the local restaurants there is a Subway, McDonald's & Burger King.
We enjoyed eating at the pepper pot, Boston o'bradys & mrs murphys kitchen.
The beach is really nice & again just a short walk from the hotel. You can hire 2 sun beds & umbrella for €13, due to the lack of shade the umbrella was a must!
Over all we had a fantastic holiday & I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Park Santa Ponsa Apartments is a friendly and welcoming self-catering hotel with maid service, situated a short walk from the award winning beach and at the very heart of Santa Ponsa close to great restaurants, live music venues, rental car, large supermarkets, banks and popular attractions. The one bedroom self-catering apartments; each comprising living area, kitchenette (all one bedroomed apartments have fridge, double electric stove, electric kettles and toaster), bathroom (all bathrooms have hairdryers) and a balcony or terrace. Cots are offered at no extra charge (for your comfort please request them in advance though hotels site). Hotel offers courtesy shower-room and luggage room for your comfort. Distance from the airport is 13 Miles. Hotel does not accept hen and stag parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Park Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Park Apartments Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Holiday Park Santa Ponsa
- Holiday Park Apartments Santa Ponsa, Majorca