I always start my reviews by saying whatever my review says is the truth but not necessarily the same opinion of others! So.. Here goes!!
Hotel had a very inviting reception area and we were greeted by 2 very friendly receptionists albeit was very late, they were expecting us. We were swiftly checked in and had our cases taken to our room after the hotels policies etc were provided to us. I always find its good to know anything at time of check in so there are no nasty surprises later!
We were allocated a ground level pool view apartment no 032 which was fantastic (we emailed the hotel direct to request this as we had small children) they replied stating they could not guarantee but would try and accomodate to which they did!
Superclean and tidy, basically all you need and expect in self catering accomodation! (No microwave) but everything else provided. There are no TVs in the rooms but that did not bother us at all! We brought the childrens IPad and laptop to watch a film to fall asleep too! Sorted!
Plenty of sunbeds which you cant reserve until 930am then there is a 20 minute policy 'use them or lose them' which is fair enough!! 3 pools in total 2 of which are childrens paddling pools!
The reception side of the pool has the sun in the afternoon and the opposite side in the morning!
Poolside bar offering toasted sandwiches, pizzas, chips, childrens meals, fresh salads, side orders and breakfasts available too! All quite reasonably priced!
There is a supermarket opposite which has baguettes, cheese, snacks, coldmeats and basic groceries available too along with bottled water, beers, spirits, soft drinks etc! All far cheaper than the hotel reception (it is expensive in reception-which is actually my only complaint in this review!) If you arrive after 9pm and you need water or fancy a beer ur better off going to the pool bar (open until 1am)
Duane duane duane! Hes a marmite kind of person, you either take to him or you dont! Our own personal opinion is if your not up for a laugh and a joke and have
No sense of humour maybe go and find yourself an quiet and boring bar along the beach!
Duane has a very dry 'cut-throat' sense of humour but we found him highly amusing and to be frank the place probably wouldnt be the same without him!
He is always on hand to throw the kids (and adults) in the pool, provide some daytime entertainment e.g cash bingo, vollyball, shooting, dressing up in a cow onside in high heels
He is a great crack!
Evening entertainment varies but includes bbq night, singer, quiz nights, gameshow nights, karaoke, 80's, 90's themed nights too there was also a daytime parrot show which I forgot to mention too!
In summary the entertainment is typical of a spanish resort! And dont forget this is a 2 star place! Even though i think it deserves at least a 3 star award!
Typical bars, resturants plentiful, beach locally about 5 minutes walk local MC'ds and Burger King near the beach! Waterparks in close vicinity, Marineland, boat excursions etc
In summary we had a great time and will definatley return!
Dont believe any of the negative reviews you read in my opinion these are people who expect to pay 2 star prices and receive 5 star accomodation which unfortunately you dont and in Duanes words 'Thats TUFF'
Please feel free to ask me any questions direct!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Park Santa Ponsa Apartments is a friendly and welcoming self-catering hotel with maid service, situated a short walk from the award winning beach and at the very heart of Santa Ponsa close to great restaurants, live music venues, rental car, large supermarkets, banks and popular attractions. The one bedroom self-catering apartments; each comprising living area, kitchenette (all one bedroomed apartments have fridge, double electric stove, electric kettles and toaster), bathroom (all bathrooms have hairdryers) and a balcony or terrace. Cots are offered at no extra charge (for your comfort please request them in advance though hotels site). Hotel offers courtesy shower-room and luggage room for your comfort. Distance from the airport is 13 Miles. Hotel does not accept hen and stag parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Holiday Park Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Park Apartments Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Holiday Park Santa Ponsa
- Holiday Park Apartments Santa Ponsa, Majorca