Holiday Park Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Zafiro Rey don Jaime(Santa Ponsa)
Parasol Apartments(Santa Ponsa)
Great 4.5/5
    Globales Pionero(Santa Ponsa)
    • Breakfast included
    Sun Beach(Santa Ponsa)
    • Beachfront
    Very Good 4/5
    H10 Casa del Mar(Santa Ponsa)
    • Restaurant
    Palmira Isabela(Santa Ponsa)
    • Beachfront
    1,616 results
    All reviewsair connext yearpool levelpool areabars and restaurantsflights of stairsfirst floorquiet at nightpoolside barevery other dayafter midnightlower floorgreat apartmentsfamilies and couplessun terraceself cateringhotel bar
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 21 December 2008

i went on holidays with my 9 year old son my brother 26 and my mum, hoping to have a fantastic holiday but to my dissapointment it was a hoilday from hell the place itself was nice and the people that worked there were ok but i found it to be dangerous area as the floor got wet the amount of people that fell was unnatural. my brother was one of them he fell going down the steps to the reception which was wet and slippery from the pool area. he ended up in hospital getting 35 stitches and severed his middle finger tendon in 2 places. apparently he was not the only person who fell for the week that i was there i seen at least 10 people fall thank god that no 1 else was badly hurt. all i can say is that it is a place for all the young people but please pleasesbe careful as it can happen to you

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
      • Check-in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)
    1  Thank aniger99
    Reviewed 16 December 2008

when we travel abroad we usually stay full board or all inclusive, but last year we thought we'd try and save a bit of money and go self-catering, and we were glad we did. We didn't expect too much, which was a good thing because when we got there we realised we needn't have worried at all. I won't say that the room was luxurious, but I couldn't really fault it to be honest. For what we paid we were more than happy.
    The kitchen area in the room was a bit pokey, and it was difficult to cook a full meal for 4 on 2 cooking rings, but then we only did this once. We ate at the hotel bar a lot during the day and in the evenings went out to restaurants; so we only really used our kitchen for breakfast and snacks etc and for that it was perfectly adequate.
    The children really enjoyed themselves, largely thanks to the bar staff who were great with them. The bar area was probably the best part of the complex and there was live football on quite often, although being a rugby man I asked a couple of times if they could show the rugby and they put it on for me no problem.
    Santa Ponsa is very Irish it has to be said, but this really shouldn't put you off. We met a number of Irish people there who were charming and we plan to keep in touch with a few of them.
    I really can't find any negatives to be honest. If you want a no-frills holiday and value for money then the Holiday Park apartments are well worth a visit.
    Christopher Billingsworth.

• Stayed: August 2008
    2  Thank animallovers3
    Reviewed 8 December 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Park Apartments in June 2008 with my husband and 3 children and we all had a fantastic time, so much so that we have already booked to go back next year! Our expectations were low to be honest, we had specifically booked budget accommodation and expected it to be nothing more than a place to bed down at night, but we were wrong. The rooms are indeed quite basic, but they are clean and of a fair size. We booked 2 rooms between 5 of us so had plenty of room but i imagine 4 in a room might be a squeeze. We were given rooms high up overlooking the pool and had a fantastic view and had sun on our balcony throughout the day. The pool area was lovely, and was busy but not so busy that you couldn't get a place or a sun lounger, and there was always a friendly and relaxed atmosphere about the place. The pool bar was excellent - the prices were fairly good, especially the food prices which were very reasonable, as was the quality. We ate there several times and had no complaints whatsoever.
    The staff were great, spent many an evening chatting to Andrew behind the bar and I thought all the staff were friendly and would go out of their way to help. We had a couple of minor issues while we were there but we reported them to reception and they were dealt with straight away.
    Really enjoyed Santa Ponsa too, first time we had been there but really enjoyed it and have no hesitation in going back.
    We would definately recommend Santa Ponsa and the Holiday Park Apartments and we just can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: June 2008
    2  Thank unitedforever
    Reviewed 4 December 2008

As an elderly couple, and as my wife suffers from a medical condition, we were a little apprehensive because we'd read that there were a lot of steps. When we arrived we were greeted by Craig the reception manager. The room they had for us was on the 3rd floor, but he was very understanding and despite the hotel being full he somehow managed to get us a first floor room. This was fine, as there was a lift from reception to the swimming pool and from there we only had a handful of steps.We were there in July so it was very warm and busy, and there were quite a few young people and families. This was not a problem though, as there was very little noise, and the night receptionist Paul was very good at dealing with any issues that did arise.We didn't venture out too much which was fine because there was plenty happening in the hotel and my wife was happy that she got to play bingo each evening.There was a barbeque by the pool one night which we really enjoyed and at just 10 euros each was well worth it. There was also a hypnosis show afterwards, and while we wouldn't normally stay up so late we made an exception that night and were glad we did. The entertainment always finished around midnight and then the music was switched off. The bar would stay open for a couple of hours after but from where we were there was no noise.We thought these apartments were excellent. It was probably a bit too warm for us in July and the resort a little too busy, so if we go back it will probably be at the beginning or end of the season. Still, we had a great time and are very thankful to the staff who made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2008
    1  Thank takemethere10
    Reviewed 30 November 2008

I have to admit to being quite fussy about the places I stay, and when I read one or two reviews before travelling I wasn't quite sure what to expect. As it turns out these apartments were spot on and we were glad we didn't pay too much attention to those negative reviews. This is my assessment of the Holiday Park:Reception: Very spacious and nice decor. They have a 24 hours shop selling all sorts of items including food, toiletries, sun lotion, lilos etc. They also sell newspapers and magazines which is handy and saves walking to the newsagents in the morning. There was also a pool table and internet access. The internet was 3 euros for 30 minutes which is pretty normal for a hotel in my experience.RoomsThe room was fine. We got a room with a nice view and a balcony. There were 2 of us so there was plenty of room. We were surprised that there was no kettle in the room, but we hired one from reception for 10 euros. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and the water piping hot. The living area had a table and chairs and a sofa which I think converted into a bed, although we had no reason to use it.Pool:The pool area was lovely. The pool was a decent size and was clean and well maintained. There was room to sun bathe around the side of the pool and there was also a large flat terrace a little bit away from the pool where you could sit in the sun. That whole area is very pretty and there are lots of lovely trees and plants around the pool.Bar: The bar was always busy, and even though we were there at the end of the season, there was still plenty happening in the evenings. The bar prices were what you expect in a hotel and the food was pretty good and was good value.Staff: Couldn't fault the staff at all. They were all friendly and helpful and all seemed to work their socks off. I can't understand how people can describe them as unhelpful, I'm not sure that's possible. Can only assume some people are reviewing the wrong hotel!
    Summary: A great holiday. Great accommodation and great staff. We'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: August 2008
      • Check-in / front desk
      • Business service (e.g., internet access)
    1  Thank twicebetter