I visited these apartments the first week in May 08 I know this isn’t a weather review but I will say that it rained with thunder and lightning storms for 6 days straight, it was sunny when we were going home though. I was sharing an apartment with my sister we are both in our late 20’s.
The Apartments - are very basic with small main room comprising of 2 seat couch (hard) small table with 4 chairs, fridge, ice box, 2 hobs, some dishes were supplied but didn’t look hygienic, no TV, no Radio although plenty ants! A basic bathroom and bedroom. Clean towels were an issue for us, when we arrived there was a “smell” about the place and discovered it was the towels! So I took them to reception and the receptionist agreed that they were “smelly” and later that evening he gave us new towels (which weren’t all that clean or fresh either to be honest but an improvement) they provided us with 2 small towels - which does not cover your torso for modesty in front of others, and 2 hand towels were provided, one of which we had to use as a floor mat and the other as a hand towel. Because it rained pretty hard every day the atmosphere was cold and so the towels would never dry, they changed the towels only once within 7 days despite several requests for fresh ones. My advice, Bring your own!
There was a thin sheet on the bed and no heating so it got cold at night. However this wouldn’t normally be an issue between the months of April – Sept in Mallorca, we just happened to arrive in a freak storm.
View – Disappointing I am afraid you will either look on to the basic pool & bar area (back) or the noisy street (front)
The complex – Not suitable for wheelchair users or prams/buggies (unless your room is on the first floor ) There is a store at reception (well a self) although its expensive and poor selection of goods. Lots of stairs surround this building with a lift that only takes you to the first floor where the pool and bar area is located. We didn’t choose to eat at the bar, it was rather expensive for basic fast food like burgers and pizza’s (which they would buy out of the shop down the street) the bar area was very Un-inviting to say the least.
Location – If you know Santa Ponca then it’s at the far end of the Irish strip 10 mins walk up the strip from Dirty Nelly’s. If you don’t know Santa Ponca then its 10-15 brisk walk up hill from the main beach and shops and supermarkets. The apartment is surrounded by extremely lively Irish bars, which means extremely lively British youngsters everywhere you look. You will also walk by 2 night clubs to get to the apartments so young families should be careful late at night. I would rate Holiday Park apartments out of 10 a generous 2. Would I go back or recommend it to anyone? NO. Where would I recommend – Punta Del Mar Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Park Santa Ponsa Apartments is a friendly and welcoming self-catering hotel with maid service, situated a short walk from the award winning beach and at the very heart of Santa Ponsa close to great restaurants, live music venues, rental car, large supermarkets, banks and popular attractions. The one bedroom self-catering apartments; each comprising living area, kitchenette (all one bedroomed apartments have fridge, double electric stove, electric kettles and toaster), bathroom (all bathrooms have hairdryers) and a balcony or terrace. Cots are offered at no extra charge (for your comfort please request them in advance though hotels site). Hotel offers courtesy shower-room and luggage room for your comfort. Distance from the airport is 13 Miles. Hotel does not accept hen and stag parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Park Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Park Apartments Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Holiday Park Santa Ponsa
- Holiday Park Apartments Santa Ponsa, Majorca