“Good Value for Money”

Vista Club Apartments
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've rated this a 4 for value for money rather than the star of this hotel which is probably a 2/3.

I was really impressed with this hotel for the price. We all had visions of the Inbetweeners Movie with the ants nest considering the price but we were all surprised and very relieved! Every one of us (8) said we would go back for a short break.

It was very clean, I was with a friend of mine who has OCD cleaning and she was happy with the cleanliness, which is usually a good test. The Pool area was nice and again it was clean. The food was a little disappointing especially when we could get much nicer food for less in Santa Ponsa but if you can’t be bothered to go out it was ok.

We were in a group of 8 and they upgraded 2 studios to 2 one bedroom apartments instead so we could be in the same block. I was in the studio on the 6th floor which had lovely views over the sea and being on the top the balcony had direct sunshine, if I booked this again I would ask for the top floor. The rooms were basic but pretty big and had a sofa, table and chairs to sit and eat, a kitchen and furniture on the balcony. My other half would be disappointed at the lack of TV but that really wasn’t an issue for me or my friends. The check-out was 12 which meant we could have a lie-in on the last day and they had a free courtesy room with a couple of showers which was ideal to leave your luggage and freshen up before going home, this was great as we didn’t fly until 9.30pm so we had a whole day sunbathing before coming back and getting ready to leave.

We were away for a weekend at the end of September and it was great for a short break, I probably wouldn’t book this for a whole week personally as I like a little more luxury but it was ideal for a weekend.

The only real down side is the steps but you can walk around the road way which wasn't that much further and a nice walk, we also found a really nice restaurant on our walk called Manalos which did really nice Spanish Food.

Yes the Steps are hard work and all of us had sore calves after the weekend but it wasn't the end of the world and if we didn't want to walk them we went the road way. It wouldn't put me off booking this again.

We went to Magaluf on the first night and it was 10 Euros in a taxi, if you are like us and want to have a big night out but don’t want to stay in the middle of Magaluf it was really easy to get to and the hotel reception rang a taxi for us. We went out in Santa Ponsa on the second night and we ate at Manalos previously mentioned and we went into Santa Ponsa, there is a mixture of bars and restaurants from bars to sit and chill with a drink to more lively bars with dancing. It’s not Magaluf and nowhere near as full on but there is some nightlife.

I'm not really sure what people expected who have given this a bad review considering the price of this hotel as overall I would say great value for money for a weekend or short stay. If you want a 4/5 star hotel then pay more!

Room Tip: If you want a view and sunshine on the balcony then ask for the top floor, the views were really nic...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank UrbiUk

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just spent 4 nights at Vista Club and was pleasantly surprised, I had a very good sized studio apartment. Two twin beds and a sofa bed, along with dining table and a large space between the beds and the sofa gave a good sense of space, The kitchenette had a small cooker, with fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle.
Bathroom was fine and the water was always hot which is not always the case in some complexes.
The balcony also had a table with chairs outside as well as an airer which I found very useful for towels etc.
The views over Santa Ponsa bay were great as you're high up, which also helps as you get a nice breeze when you're sitting outside. The pool area looked very nice, and the two pools looked very inviting as well as the area for sun bathing.
The reception staff were very friendly, I only came into contact with them at check in and check out, but I noticed they reacted within seconds when anyone approached reception.
I had read a few reviews that mentioned the "dreaded steps" up to the complex, I must admit I cheated and walked up via the hill and it only took a few minutes. I did spend most evenings around the 'music square" in The Crown, so it would have taken me out of my way to use the stairs. There's also a supermarket by the square, so it's much easier to get any shopping there and take the hill on the way back.
Being late in the season I wasn't affected by noise in the evening or kept awake by neighbours.
I had read a review that stated the wifi was 5 Euro an hour, so didn't take my laptop, I wish I had as it was 5 euro a DAY or 10 euro for 3 days, not bad although I do think in this day and age it should be Free.
I'll stay here again as I do visit 2/3 times a year for short breaks and found this just right for me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank John W
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have never experienced apartments like these, what a rip off!! 2 euro for sun lounger, no free wifi, or air con, rooms where awful no hanging space for clothes, sheets only changed once in 2 weeks! Pool bar was overpriced and food was awful, woman working there tried to rip my dad off by 10 euro!! Noise of an evening was awful, didn't get much sleep for whole time I was there. Blonde English woman on reception was a right one not a bit helpful and failed to inform us that our transfer to airport would be early!! We had to pay 50euro for a cab to airport, she wasn't a bit put out!!! Location rubbish 175. Steps to shops or bars these were not very safe and pitch black in the dark!! Resort itself very nice, good bars and restaurants and beach is lovely, just a shame about accommodation I would not recommend these to anyone steer clear !!!

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Draper57
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last June for a girly birthday celebration then last week for a hen do in Magaluf as only 10 mins away. Amazing views and just above the main town so a little quieter. Massive balconies all facing the beautiful bay of santa ponsa. Great reception staff who were most helpful after a hiccup with our booking. Will definitely return! Feels like home at this place!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank helenria
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have just returned from this hotel after staying in 3 separate apartments (410,412 and 421 I think) our room (410) was a good sized apartment with separate bedroom with double bed and bathroom, a good kitchen area with dining table to seat 5 people, a sofa bed in the lounge. A large balcony area too.

We booked direct with the hotel and paid 245 euro for 6 nights, the hotel does ask for a £50 deposit per room normally but because we booked direct they already had our card details so did not ask for a deposit, they also gave us free aircon which I assume was because we booked with them direct (some reviews say that you pay for aircon)

Additional costs-
Safety deposit boxes located in reception cost 18 euro for a week, wifi was 5 euro a day and sunbeds were 2 euro a day.

Cleaners- I have seen some reviews stating that the cleaning was poor... I disagree, you are not staying in a 4 or 5 star hotel please remember this, the apartments were clean but please do not expect your beds to be made for you every day you will need to do this yourself (you are adults after all) the cleaners came every 2 days and simply changed our towels and empty the bins, this is all they will do and it was fine for the time that we were there.

Noise- We did experience some late night noise, mainly from people coming home at about 3am, also room 421 was directly under reception so they did experience rumbling of cases though the night as people came and left the hotel, to avoid this I would recommend emailing the hotel and asking for a room away from reception or just do what we did and invest in some earplugs, we knew to expect some noise.

Breakfast- Included in the cost, was very basic but suited us for the 6 nights, toast, choice of 2 cereals, muffins, orange juice, tea, coffee, cheese, ham and tomatos, fresh fruit and jams/nutella spread. served between 9:15 and 11:00 am

Area- The apartments are based up a steep incline from the resort, you can walk round to the resort in about 5 mins or walk down one of two flights of steps near the hotel, the nearest flight is about 175 steps the 2nd flight (further down the hill) was around 147 steps so we choose to go up the lesser steps and walk the rest of the way up the hill. Yes the steps are not for the unhealthy but you do get used to them and by the end of the week they were not so bad they look worse in the pictures than they actually are. you can catch a cab it costs under 4 euro if you don't fancy the walk also the hotel does a free bus to and from the resort 3 times a day so don't let the steps put you off.

What's about- Santa Ponsa has a lot to offer, its close to Magaluf so the attractions (sealand, aquapark, western water park) are close and easy to get to by bus but your not in the hard core clubbers area, Santa Ponsa had a good selection of restaurants, also there was several boat trips available from the bay. The beach was clean and plenty of sun beds which cost 13.50 euro for two beds and an umbrella.

I hope this review gives you a realistic view of the hotel and area

Room Tip: 410 was overlooking pool and 2 floors down from reception so not so much noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Katie H
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in the Vista Club in July. We had a 3 bedroom appt with 5 adults & 3 kids. Loads of room in the appts with a fab view over the bay from the balcony. Reception staff were very helpful. Cleaners could be a bit better but there is a mop and brush in the appt so you can do it yourself. There are 2 good sized pools in the apartment (1for kids) and really friendly pool staff who organise games with the ids by the pool. There is a kids play room next to the pool which is handy if they want to come in The appts are located at the top of the steps which is a bit of a balls with a buggy but you can walk around which only takes 10/15 mins so the location isn't really an issue. All in all we really enjoyed our holiday and would have no bother recommending the Vista Club to anyone. :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We arrived on tue 17th Sept., and first impressions were lovely. Spent our 1st day sight seeing and our 2nd day at the pool area. Pool is lovely and well maintained. Renting out loungers was a surprise but at 2 euros, not bad. But the hotel had booked in a wedding party during our stay who seemed to overrun the hotel and pool. There were about 30/ 40 people who were allowed to block up poolside with no consideration for others and were not spoken to by hotel staff, at any time. They were VERY noisy in the early hours of the mornings as well! Other than this, we enjoyed our time here. Plus the steps aren't too bad !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family