“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Glasgow
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned from a two week holiday at Magic Life Fuerteventura, this is my second booking with magic life hotels (First was Tunisia)

We were offered a welcome drink as we arrived at reception, the staff member failed to mention what was being offered I asked if it was non alcoholic to which he replied yes, luckily I tasted it before giving sparkling wine to my 4 year old daughter. Check in was ok nothing special just ok a smile and warm welcome from the reception team might go a long way to improve the experience. We were allocated a room in block 17 which was looking out to the beautiful blue sea and was a joy to wake up to every morning. Looking at the lay out of the hotel the majority of rooms are facing out to the sea.

At check in you receive a code for free internet connection in your room, for me this failed to work in my room. I don't come on holiday to surf the net but if the service is offered I would expect it to work. I made the mistake of asking reception staff for a copy of the password code as I left it in my room and was looking to send an email while I was in reception. I was abruptly informed "you got it at check in nothing I can do" Customer service training might be an idea

The room had been refurbished and was very clean and well maintained. Our (happy/smiling) cleaner was very good at keeping the room spotless. Only negative with the rooms were storage space and hangers with a family of three in the one room. I ended up living out the suitcase for two weeks as my wife claimed the hangers we did have. We had a large double bed which was very comfortable and one of the best beds I have slept in a hotel.

Our main reason for choosing to return to Magic life hotels was due to the fantastic kids clubs, sports and activities included in the price of the holiday. There are always fitness classes, various sports including archery, tennis, football, beach volleyball, road and mountain biking which all run 6 days a week. (Entertainment staff have a Saturday as a rest day)

Mungo club staff were amazing encouraging the kids to get involved.

If you are a keen cyclist road bikes and mountain bikes are available this is arranged with three Hungarian entertainment staff. Road bikes Scott speedster were all 1 month old and new Scott mountain bikes were delivered 7 days ago. All rides start at 9am and are a great way to get out the hotel and get a bit of exercise. Beginners can go out on mountain bikes at 4pm daily for around an hour.

Bottled still water can be found in fridges in reception 24 hours a day and at the pool bar until 6pm, reception bar is open 24 hour serving all drinks including tea, coffee, cocktails and soft drinks.

The main restaurant was the place to eat with a large selection for both breakfast lunch and dinner, after two weeks you may get slightly bored with the selection but this would be the case staying in any hotel. The front facing chefs just got there heads down and got on with the job in hand you could easily live on the tasty salads, fresh fruit, fish and other delights on offer. It would be nice to have a more varied selection of fish as in the last week it seemed to be hake, hake and more hake.

The Executive chef and his team should be mentioned for the fantastic job that they do to ensure everyone is catered for on a daily basis especially the female breakfast chef who makes the omelettes daily she didn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish but she still tried to acknowledge and say good morning to both myself and my daughter every day. My wife speaks Spanish so helped out a few times.

There were three other speciality restaurants within the hotel Spanish, Italian and south American
which need to be booked in advance 8am that day. The Italian restaurant opens from 2-5pm (no booking required) as an additional option to the main restaurant at lunch time serving soup, fresh baked pizzas, burgers, chicken, salad and desserts. With outdoor seating which was nice for a change with less guests. All restaurants offer self service drinks areas

We tried the south American restaurant which apart from having entrecote steak was nothing special as it offered the same buffet selection/food as the main restaurant only on a smaller scale. If you are looking to get away from the busy main restaurant then you may enjoy it but for me I preferred the main restaurant.

Pool bar serves toasties, chips and baguettes between 12-6pm for a lighter lunch option which also has self service drinks areas. Bar staff are available to mix cocktails etc to order. There are also some games and activities in this area to keep older children entertained.

My wife and daughter booked me on a sailing trip for fathers day through the rep in the hotel it was highly recommended by another guest who had booked the previous day. Maxi Power Sailing this is a must, what a fantastic and unforgettable experience, The yacht "Fisher&Paykel" was designed for professional round the world regatta sailing, 25 metres in length and one of the biggest yachts in the world. It came second in a legendry edition of the prestigious Whitbread round the world race I thought that I was going out on a short boat trip....how wrong was I!!! The skipper asked me to steer the yacht out of the harbour and in to the open sea. I spent the next 30-40 minutes steering the yacht out to sea I was in my element. You have the option to chill out on deck and soak up the sun or you can get hands on and help the crew throughout the journey. Light refreshments are offered. Bags shoes etc are safely stored in the galley

The skipper who I believe still manages the New Zealand team made this trip enjoyable, relaxed and full of adrenaline. Take sun cream for hot sunny days and a camera for stunning photos as you steer the yacht, transport picks you up at the hotel and takes you back again. The trip lasts around 3-4 hours and is worth every penny, if I ever return to this part of the world I will not hesitate to book this again . You may get a better price booking direct with the company www.maxipowersailing.es or info@maxisailing.es

The best fathers day present ever, enjoy

We all enjoyed this hotel and would return in the future

Room Tip: block 17 was good nice and quiet, close to the main pool with a short walk to restaurants
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PacoGlasgow
Vito A, Gerente at TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear PacoGlasgow, Good Afternoon,

I appreciate your comments about our facilities, services and staff.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your holiday with your family and that you are planning to return in the future to Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial. We will be happy to receive you in the future and assist you during your stay.

Vito Anselmi Pascual

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel we had a refurbished room which overlooked the main pool and also the gorgeous sea view which was axing to wake up and see daily.
Food was absolutely amazing SO much choice in the main restaurant and also made good use of the themed restaurant visiting the steak, the Spanish (I think) and the Italian which were all fantastic even went to the Italian for late lunch on the last day it was lovely.
Staff were friendly and attentive and fantastic with children - they even offer priority check in to family's which is a bonus.
Free wifi in parts of the hotel which is something that could be improved as we all like our internet time.
Drink selections were great cocktails were gorgeous and they would always make you what ever you wanted didn't have to be on the menu - recommend coffee from the bar in reception far mixed than the restaurant.
Enjoyed plenty of walks down the beach to Jandia (down steps to beach and go right to the light house make sure you take some nuts to feed the chipmunks)
Pool was extremely cold though could do with heating it slightly.
The hotel even left a bottle of wine and a thank you letter on the room on the second to last day - fab touch.
All in all 10/10 would return

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank TIffers123
Dear TIffers123, Good Afternoon,

I am happy to hear that you have passed an incredible holiday in our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

A quick comment for those who won't read all of my review. We loved this location and would happily revisit at any time. I was really pleased with this holiday choice. The transfer was a little longer than we normally go for and we were well rewarded for taking the extra time. Fantastic sea views, great beach, lovely rooms and the food was varied and really good quality. The staff were attentive and interested in your well being and we were all made to feel welcome and relaxed during the holiday.
Fueteventura is windy, that isn't an issue. In fact as my wife has M.S the cooling effect of the breeze was a blessing. If you want bars and nightlife this may not be your favoured location. If you want a choice of pools, attentive staff, lots of sports options and a good beach then it most definitely is.
Its not a British only hotel which for us is great. If you have an issue with service can I suggest that the occasional "por favor" and "gracias" will help you enjoy your stay. We had too few nights sharing stories about towns in Germany and Spain and would happily revisit to share a glass (or two) of red with those who were on holiday to relax and share a wonderful experience.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Sam A
Dear Sam A, Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your kind comment about our Resort.

I'm happy you had a great holiday in our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

I hope you choose us again in the future.

Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just got back from Club Magic Imperial after a 7 night stay 4/6/14 to 11/6/14, traveled as a couple. This hotel is absolutely fantastic we could not fault it. The accommodation, facilities and the all the staff are excellent. Everyone we spoke to thought the same. Nobody had a bad word to say about it.

What isn't mentioned much on these reviews is the sport and fitness activities. If you are into sport, fitness, tri, mountain biking, road biking, spinning, tennis or Gym work this is the place for you. All the bikes are top spec, all you need to take is your helmet and kit. There are organised road and mountain bike tours up to 144 km with 2000 meter climbs. They are taken by Hungarian pro cycling guides. 3 spin classes a day, 2 beginner and 1 advanced. The beginner was more like intermediate. The Tennis has pro coaches available. There is also beach volleyball, 5 a side and Archery.

There are organised classes throughout the day with excellent instructors who double up in the evening as the entertainment team. My wife and I are into health and fitness and so this was a great way to have an excellent holiday whilst doing what we enjoy. The facilities for all the sports are excellent. We did 3 classes a day spinning in the morning (which was excellent) followed by Aqua aerobics then a circuit classes in the afternoon. The standard of these are good and those taking part, mainly all German, is high. All the classes are in English. We were about the only Brits who took part which is a real shame. The resort seems to be marketed towards the sporty types in Germany and it's a shame it isn't for the UK market as much.

There is a 25 meter swim pool for swim training plus a huge leisure pool and a kids pool. The gym and all the classes provide water and towels so no need to take your own. If you want to eat healthy it's easy in the restaurants. Plenty of fish, chicken, etc.
Hats off especially to all the entertainment team. Ivan, Anita (spinning) , Ari, Chelsea and Jane. They work very hard and do everything to make your holiday so much fun. Having said all this if your not into being active on holiday it's still a great place that we would recommend to everyone.

We are definitely going back and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rachel L
Dear Rachel L, Good Afternoon,

Glad to hear you spent a great vacation in our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial, and to write a review about your experiences.

Thank you for your recommendation and for choosing us in the future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for 10 days with Thompson and value for money was excellent. We paid for the sea view room and received a ground floor one in block 14 which was ample. I wanted to change to one not on the ground floor (for security reasons) and the hotel were very accommodating but we ended up staying where we were (my partner preferred it!) Room was clean and well presented and had everything we could ask for. One issue was the maid entered our room the first morning even tho the 'do not disturb' was present - the management did apologise when we asked them.

The food hall was good and the choice for all meal times was excellent, with the buffet areas clean and we'll maintained. The 3 special restaurants which are included are not as good as you would expect however and are still very buffet orientated. The booking system is very stupid - to book for an evening you must get up and walk to reception at 8am to secure you slot on the following day?!

The grounds and swimming pools are well kept and clean, the water in the pool is cold however and the use if pool heaters would be an improvement.

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay and were always willing to help. The hotel has a lot of Germans staying there, which was not and issue for us (we both speak good German) but it lends itself to a lot of notices and staff understanding to tend towards that language and it was often easier to clarify things with the staff in German than in English! Not a complaint but more an observation.

Only negative aspect of the holiday was the rental of a number of 'vehicles' from the 500 Rent-a-Car company which has a stand in the lobby. The vehicles were unsafe and in very poor condition; we rented a 4x4 for three days; on one day it broke its gearbox and slipped out of 4 wheel drive leaving us stuck in the car park in Cofete beach with other normal cars driving past us. The second day on another car the clutch was so worn it barely made it back to the hotel cutting our day short. I told the company representative it was damaged (I'm a mechanic) and he wasn't that bothered - we saw it being rented out the following day! The cars are death traps and reflects very badly on the very good hotel which is a shame - avoid them at all costs, especially if you have children!

Overall a great hotel, ample services, friendly staff and pleasant environment. Excellent value for money for a 4 star place. Would recommend!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris E
Dear Chris E, Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for posting a review about your experiences in our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Thank you for your recommendation and for trusting us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is the best place we have been :-) staff ,room , food and the resort are all fantastic ! resort is very clean and tidy . staff are all very helpful and friendly .We had a room overlooking the beach.Great view :-) we can't wait too go back

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gary W
Vito A, Gerente at TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Gary W, Good Afternoon,

I'm very happy you had a fantastic holiday in our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

Thank you very much for posting a review about our Resort, staff and services.

We hope you return soon.

bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was our second visit to club magic and it was just as good as the first.. This hotel is great value for money. The food is the best we have had AI. Lots of activities if you want to keep yourself busy or if you just want to chill and relax this is also the place for you. Plenty of sun beds, we never had any problem on both visits. We all can't wait to go back for our 3rd visit. Well done club magic life, keep up the hard work.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mariacotton28
Dear mariacotton28, Good Afternoon,

It is a pleasure to hear so good comments about our services and our staff.

It is an honor for us that you chose us twice and you want to return a third time to Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

We are committed and we work every day to make the experience for our guest unforgettable.

Thank you for trusting us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morro del Jable
Hotel Riu Palace Jandia
#3 of 16 in Morro del Jable
Occidental Jandia Playa
Occidental Jandia Royal Level - Adults Only
Occidental Jandia Royal Level - ...
#4 of 14 in Playa de Jandia

Been to TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura? Share your experiences!