Just returned from a two week holiday at Magic Life Fuerteventura, this is my second booking with magic life hotels (First was Tunisia)
We were offered a welcome drink as we arrived at reception, the staff member failed to mention what was being offered I asked if it was non alcoholic to which he replied yes, luckily I tasted it before giving sparkling wine to my 4 year old daughter. Check in was ok nothing special just ok a smile and warm welcome from the reception team might go a long way to improve the experience. We were allocated a room in block 17 which was looking out to the beautiful blue sea and was a joy to wake up to every morning. Looking at the lay out of the hotel the majority of rooms are facing out to the sea.
At check in you receive a code for free internet connection in your room, for me this failed to work in my room. I don't come on holiday to surf the net but if the service is offered I would expect it to work. I made the mistake of asking reception staff for a copy of the password code as I left it in my room and was looking to send an email while I was in reception. I was abruptly informed "you got it at check in nothing I can do" Customer service training might be an idea
The room had been refurbished and was very clean and well maintained. Our (happy/smiling) cleaner was very good at keeping the room spotless. Only negative with the rooms were storage space and hangers with a family of three in the one room. I ended up living out the suitcase for two weeks as my wife claimed the hangers we did have. We had a large double bed which was very comfortable and one of the best beds I have slept in a hotel.
Our main reason for choosing to return to Magic life hotels was due to the fantastic kids clubs, sports and activities included in the price of the holiday. There are always fitness classes, various sports including archery, tennis, football, beach volleyball, road and mountain biking which all run 6 days a week. (Entertainment staff have a Saturday as a rest day)
Mungo club staff were amazing encouraging the kids to get involved.
If you are a keen cyclist road bikes and mountain bikes are available this is arranged with three Hungarian entertainment staff. Road bikes Scott speedster were all 1 month old and new Scott mountain bikes were delivered 7 days ago. All rides start at 9am and are a great way to get out the hotel and get a bit of exercise. Beginners can go out on mountain bikes at 4pm daily for around an hour.
Bottled still water can be found in fridges in reception 24 hours a day and at the pool bar until 6pm, reception bar is open 24 hour serving all drinks including tea, coffee, cocktails and soft drinks.
The main restaurant was the place to eat with a large selection for both breakfast lunch and dinner, after two weeks you may get slightly bored with the selection but this would be the case staying in any hotel. The front facing chefs just got there heads down and got on with the job in hand you could easily live on the tasty salads, fresh fruit, fish and other delights on offer. It would be nice to have a more varied selection of fish as in the last week it seemed to be hake, hake and more hake.
The Executive chef and his team should be mentioned for the fantastic job that they do to ensure everyone is catered for on a daily basis especially the female breakfast chef who makes the omelettes daily she didn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish but she still tried to acknowledge and say good morning to both myself and my daughter every day. My wife speaks Spanish so helped out a few times.
There were three other speciality restaurants within the hotel Spanish, Italian and south American
which need to be booked in advance 8am that day. The Italian restaurant opens from 2-5pm (no booking required) as an additional option to the main restaurant at lunch time serving soup, fresh baked pizzas, burgers, chicken, salad and desserts. With outdoor seating which was nice for a change with less guests. All restaurants offer self service drinks areas
We tried the south American restaurant which apart from having entrecote steak was nothing special as it offered the same buffet selection/food as the main restaurant only on a smaller scale. If you are looking to get away from the busy main restaurant then you may enjoy it but for me I preferred the main restaurant.
Pool bar serves toasties, chips and baguettes between 12-6pm for a lighter lunch option which also has self service drinks areas. Bar staff are available to mix cocktails etc to order. There are also some games and activities in this area to keep older children entertained.
My wife and daughter booked me on a sailing trip for fathers day through the rep in the hotel it was highly recommended by another guest who had booked the previous day. Maxi Power Sailing this is a must, what a fantastic and unforgettable experience, The yacht "Fisher&Paykel" was designed for professional round the world regatta sailing, 25 metres in length and one of the biggest yachts in the world. It came second in a legendry edition of the prestigious Whitbread round the world race I thought that I was going out on a short boat trip....how wrong was I!!! The skipper asked me to steer the yacht out of the harbour and in to the open sea. I spent the next 30-40 minutes steering the yacht out to sea I was in my element. You have the option to chill out on deck and soak up the sun or you can get hands on and help the crew throughout the journey. Light refreshments are offered. Bags shoes etc are safely stored in the galley
The skipper who I believe still manages the New Zealand team made this trip enjoyable, relaxed and full of adrenaline. Take sun cream for hot sunny days and a camera for stunning photos as you steer the yacht, transport picks you up at the hotel and takes you back again. The trip lasts around 3-4 hours and is worth every penny, if I ever return to this part of the world I will not hesitate to book this again . You may get a better price booking direct with the company www.maxipowersailing.es or email@example.com
The best fathers day present ever, enjoy
We all enjoyed this hotel and would return in the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOTEL TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura All Inclusive extends over an area of 98,000 m2 and is located on the immense natural sandy beach of Esquinzo with stunning sea views. Enjoy the vacation of your dreams! You will be amazed at the different possibilities offered by our Club, a wide range of sports, fitness and a wellness program. Always with the advice of our personal trainers. Nordic walking, spinning and guided tours on mountain bikes. If you bring your own bike, you can storage it in our Bike center. Enjoy our 7 pools, our main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants, as well as our 3 bars (one open 24/7). You can also relax in a unique and exclusive zone: our Private Lodge, located right next to the hotel. The resort offers a total of 693 rooms, equipped with air conditioning (depending on the season and outside temperature) and ceiling fan, telephone, satellite TV, refrigerator, safe, bath and hairdryer. PRIVATE LODGE AREA: It includes 59 ROOMS (elegant Junior Suites, Superior Junior Suites and Double rooms). All rooms equipped with air conditioning and ceiling fan, telephone, satellite TV, mini-bar, safe, welcome pack, bathrobe, whirpool bath tub and hairdryer. The Private Lodge Area is only for guests over 16 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Magic Life Hotel Morro Del Jable
- TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura Morro Del Jable