4,195 results
All reviews plaza bar private lodge main restaurant pool bar mountain biking activity pool spinning classes magico restaurant entertainment team sea view steep steps toasties specialty restaurants bottle of red wine fitness classes kids club hour bar
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our Third time at this hotel and fifth in Fuerteventura. We could not stay anywhere else now as this is simply the best! From arrival until the minute you leave it is great. Thought about a change perhaps to another magic life in another country but we want to book here for next year too now! We were met with Cava and orange juice and checkin was so speedy with the friendly Mary. The restaurant is open for late arrivals too.
We were given the gorgeous sea view room that we had hoped for again.
The beach is wonderful, soft pale sands and warm turq sea-bliss. 5 gorgeous large clean pools to choose from too-so you are bound to find a favourite!
The food is great, such a wide choice. Lunch at the baia was lovely-like sitting out in a little village! There are bottles of wine on the tables to have with your meal Large fridges around to help yourself to bottles of water. great cocktails! BBQs also some lunch times or a large paella!
The grounds are vast-lovely well kept gardens with lots of greenery and colour, a pleasure to walk around.All the apartments are spread out like a village too which is what we like. Not a big ugly block hotel.
The walk on the beach before breakfast every morning was great! there are two ways down to the beach which is useful.
Lots of games to join in if you wish, the entertainment staff are great. Vast amount of sports and bike hire etc. Entertainment on every night in the theatre and usually some live music, disco or party at the plaza if you wish. Or plenty of nice areas to find for a quiet game of cards etc. The 24 hour Wunderbar area has been refurbed too with lovely comfortable chairs.Here you can take and leave books throughout your stay. Always open for hot and cold drinks. cakes and sandwiches at various times too.
The all inclusive here, really is and 24 hour! The only extra we paid for was segway hire which is great and you can book from the hotel. We also went on the free bus to Oasis animal park which is fab. we got the tickets off the wonderful helpful TUiI reps, Jess and Leanne. the sea lion and other shows here were great. Plus you could feed almost all the animals. Our Daughter greatly enjoyed the camel trek! We would visit again.
Although it was very hot whilst we were there, the lovely breeze helps. (Just remember the high sun factor or you will burn! )So the walk up the beach is quite pleasant, you can walk up to Jandia and Morro Jable. lovely little fishing village.Taxi back if you wish.You can also walk for quite a distance in the opposite direction. Saw lots of fish in the clear sea.There is now a large supermarket we saw just out the back of the Jandia club hotel if needed. However the hotel does have its own shops and dive centre. Our Daughter enjoyed her free scuba diving trials!
Clean beach towels are available whenever you want them. There is now free wifi. Free safe in room too. All the rooms seem to have been refurbished now-large rooms with ceiling fans too. flat screen tvs etc.The most comfortable beds now with memory foam mattress toppers! Our room maid kept our room and bathroom spotlessly clean.This place just gets better! The only problem is-it is stopping us going somewhere different! But why travel further afield when all this is only 4 hours away! The transfer of just over one hour to the south of the island we think is worth it, as the beaches are simply the best!
cannot wait to go back again!
Thank you once again to all the wonderful staff.
Keep up the good work!
Was sad to leave!
we will be back!

Room tip: Block 14 seems popular for the sea views! But we have our favourite!
7  Thank nigelaEngland
Marcos G, Gerente at TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear NegelaEng

Thanks’ a lot for writing this great review to your holidays in our hotel.

We are happy to know, that you enjoyed your time in our Club Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial and hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Holidaying at the Club Magic Life Feurteventura is like being at your own beach club, with low rise white painted buildings placed amid beautifully kept gardens with the beach and sea outside your window. The accommodation is clean, light and comfortable with plenty of living space, terrace and large bathroom, with plentiful hot water. The staff at reception are really helpful and our minor maintenance requests were dealt with really efficiently. The 8.00am curfew on reserving sun loungers really does make it a holiday for everyone and with plenty of pools and shaded areas finding your own spot is a pleasure rather than a dawn scrum. The area around the pools is kept clean throughout the day and with 5 pools to choose from you can opt for family, active, kiddies, sports or leisure depending on your preference. Take the beach access behind the Private Lodge rather than in front of the main pools for a gentler descent to the beach which has clean sands and warm, clear waters. The 45 minute beach walk to Jandia is best taken away from high tide to avoid clambering over the rocks at the base of the cliffs. If not returning on foot, a taxi back to the hotel from the main strip will cost around 8 euros. The Baia Mediterranean themed restaurant gave us our most enjoyable dining experiences and after evening dinner there are plenty of lounge and terrace areas so you can find a table and relax into the evening. The entertainment programme caters for a variety of tastes and don’t forget the sports sessions if you are looking to be active ! Also a word of re-assurance – the naturist area is extremely discreet, well screened and not en route to any of the general public areas so don’t let this affect your choice of this hotel. Overall a great place to quickly relax, catch the sun and wind down.

9  Thank IKEAClan
Marcos G, Gerente at TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear IKEAClan

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having been lucky enough to have travelled when I was younger to various countries I have stayed in many hotels, self catering, B&B, All Inclusive and everything in between! When we booked this hotel we read many reviews and looked at many of the photos which all looked fabulous- and it was a truly fabulous week!

After a long day of travelling our party (5 of us, myself & my husband and his sister, with her husband and their son) were hungry, thirsty and tired. Upon arrival we were served orange juice or sparkling wine & we were checked in quickly. We were also informed that a restaurant was still open until 00:30! We took our bags to our room, which is the best room I have ever stayed in (20318) which was spacious and very clean & had a balcony and then we went for food in 'Baia'.

The next day we went to a welcome meeting with our fantastic TUI reps- Jess & Leanne who were very friendly. They told us about the local area, the hotel and trips. We booked 'Oasis Park for our first trip'.... this place was fantastic, it was a zoo where we could feed the giraffes, elephants, zebras, meerkats and porcupines!

We also booked a 2nd trip later in the week- 'Discovery safari' which is the worst trip we have ever been on, if you have a weak bladder then don't do this trip, a full 7 hour trip with only 1 stop with a toilet! The only saving grace on this trip was an amazing beach with crisp white sands & clear water- however we were only given 20 minutes here!

We spent many days lounging by the pool, however on our first day there were no spare sunbeds as everybody had got up early to reserve them, as a party of 5 we knew we wouldn't be able to get 5 beds so instead we reserved our beds early too! The beach is absolutely beautiful and chipmunks can be seen and fed here, however the trek down to the beach is quite hard! We also walked to Jandia which took an hour but it was nice to have a walk along the beach, we got a taxi back which was 8 euros.

The restaurants food is brilliant and the restaurant itself is huge! There was always a table available for our group and I don't think you could ever get bored with it! the breakfast is everything from a traditional fry up, to fruit, waffles, pancakes and cakes! complete with all juices and hot drinks! Dinner was a theme night in the restaurant too however other things are served too. Lunch in the pool bar ranged every day from Paella, to burgers, rotisserie chicken, chips and toasties.

We also tried the Italian and Spanish which we weren't over enamoured with however the Argentinian was brilliant!

We had a brilliant week and the staff were brilliant, except 'Angelique' on the 'Wunderbar' who was very rude. Every member of staff would say 'hola' when they saw us & were all so polite.

The hotel did have WIFI however we couldn't access it in our rooms or in fact at all- but a holiday is about putting your phone/computer down and enjoying the peace!

We had a great time at 'Club Magic Life' and we will recommend to everyone!

Date of stay: August 2014
5  Thank MrsLucyRose

Dear MrsLucy Ro

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Club Magic Life (02/08 until 09/08) and we have to say that the hotel was above and beyond our expectations.

We travelled as a party of 5 (my husband and I with our little boy and my brother with his wife) - upon arrival we were met in reception with a glass of sparkling wine (juice for our little boy); we were offered help with our luggage and check in was quick and efficient with the receptionists being friendly and helpful. We were allocated rooms in block 20 (20310 and 20318); I had requested rooms away from the entertainment and off the ground floor (our son is a light sleeper) - these rooms ticked every box. They were big and spacious with ample room to unpack and live 'normally' for a week with the added bonus of a sea view.

The food was fantastic, we couldn't have asked for anything more. We ate in the main buffet restaurant but were also able to sample the speciality restaurants. Personally, I have to say that I was a little bit disappointed with the Italian but we really enjoyed the Spanish and the Argentinian was just amazing - our little boy really enjoyed being able to try different things. All of the 'waiting' staff were really friendly and made the experience really special.

The pools were great but we did have the age old 'sun bed reservation' issue. We would be heading for breakfast most mornings for about 8.30am and, by then, all of the beds were reserved. We had to 'join them' in the end as we were unable to get a bed anywhere if we weren't up, with our towels ready, by 7.30am! I guess it's typical of most resorts but it was frustrating to see that most beds remained unoccupied for most of the day with people only getting to the pool for the late afternoon sun. All of the pool areas were clean with staff constantly walking around to clear away used glasses/cups etc. The only thing that I found a bit inconsiderate was the amount of topless women around the childrens pool (outside of block 20). I'm fully aware that it's a personal choice (and one that I'm not usually bothered by) but I wasn't overly impressed to find that one delightful (ahem) lady had not only taken my sun bed (we had towels on them as we were in the pool) but then proceeded to sunbathe topless right in front of us. We literally had to climb over her to get back in the pool. There are 5 pools at Club Magic Life with 2 of them being quite popular with families... was there any need for these women to be topless?! None of them had children with them so it's not like they had to be by this particular pool.

The one thing that we did notice (and had been warned about previously!) was the majority of the guests at the hotel were German. We weren't put off by this initially but they really don't help themselves with the reputation that they already have! We found them to be really rude; several times I had to remind people that there was a queue and I was in it - it seems it's acceptable for them to walk straight to the front with no consideration for the people stood waiting! However, we weren't put off by the ratio and certainly wouldn't let it stop us booking to go here again.

On the whole, we found the staff to be really friendly and welcoming - I say 'on the whole' as there was one particular member of the bar team that was really quite rude (for reference her name is Dominga Fernandes!) and it got to the point where I struggled to be polite to her in the first place. I had asked for a coffee in the main reception bar (Wunderbar), Dominga dealt with my polite request and then turned around to ask whether I meant a "white coffee", I replied that was what I would like and you'd have thought that I'd asked for something completely unreasonable! "But you asked for a coffee?", "Yes, I'd like a coffee please", "A white coffee?", "Yes please", "But you asked for a coffee?", "Yes, I did ask for a coffee", "But you asked for a coffee, not a white coffee, a coffee with milk is a white coffee", "Right, I didn't realise that I needed to inform you that I needed milk in my coffee", "Next time ask for a white coffee as you asked for a coffee", "Yes, I get that. I clearly didn't realise or I'd have asked for a WHITE coffee wouldn't I?" - the conversation went on for ages and, whilst I was clearly wrong for not asking for a white coffee, I didn't realise that and certainly didn't need a lecture! She was very short and sharp with most of the English guests at the bar but was a different person if a Spanish person placed an order. Bar this lady though, all the staff were lovely and it was nice to see them smiling and saying "Ola" as we walked through the resort.

If you want a nightlife and shops then don't book to go here as it's quite remote. The steps down to the beach were also quite a challenge but it clearly states this in the brochure so if you have trouble with steep steps then don't book there and then moan about it! The beach was just beautiful albeit a bit windy but this is typical of this island. We were also able to feed the chipmunks as we walked down to Jardina - I'd recommend this walk to anyone... it took us just over an hour but the walk is beautiful (although I'd suggest a late afternoon walk if you don't fancy sun/windburn!).

Finally, our reps, Jess and Leanne, deserve a huge pat on the back for being completely fabulous and doing their jobs properly. I appreciate that this sounds patronising but I refuse to book through a certain holiday company now after a rubbish trip previously which wasn't helped by horrendous 'reps' - Jess and Leanne were just fab, thank you ladies!

On the whole, would I go back to Club Magic Life, Fuerteventura, again? Oh yes! Bring on 2015! :)

Room tip: If you want to avoid late night noise from the entertainment area then ask for a room in block 20 :)
Date of stay: August 2014
5  Thank EmotionalPrawn

Dear Emotional

Thank you very much for your excelent review to your holidays in our Club Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

We are extremely pleased to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope the be able to welcome you again here in our Club.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked this holiday less than a week before departure and what a surprise awaited us when we arrived at the hotel. There was a welcoming drink when we arrived, staff were very friendly and went out of their way to ensure that everything was to our satisfaction. Our room was very clean and nicely furnished and the bed was so comfortable. A couple of things weren't quite right but within 30 minutes of our arrival in the room they were put right. The food was amazing, there was plenty of choice and it was freshly cooked. There was wine on the tables for lunch and dinner and you could have as much food and drink as you wanted but I never saw anyone drunk. There were several pools in the hotel so during our stay there was never a shortage of sunbeds although there wasn't much shade and where there was shade some people would put their towels on the sunbeds early morning and then not return to them until later in the day which was not good. The beach is lovely but there is a steep walk down to it and young families may struggle to get there as it is also very windy. My only regret was that we didn't book for a longer stay and we will definitely go back there again.

Room tip: Ask for one not overlooking the naturist area unless of course you are a naturist yourself.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple