I stayed for a week of solitude in March. What I liked:
- Very friendly and "correct and proper" staff.
- Good food with many healthy options.
- Large standard room with an ocean-facing balcony and view. No noise! Best room ever.
- Nice pool area with NO animators and just soft background music. What a relief!
- Nice bar area where you are free to sit and smoke (for example).
- Awesome location right on the beautiful beach.
- Also in easy walking distance of shopping, pharmacy, etc.
What was not great for me:
- I was alone, which was the whole point of my trip, but the formal dining room was full of couples. I mean I saw NO ONE else who was solo and I only saw ONE child the whole time I was there. I felt self-conscious. Clearly this was my problem, not caused by anybody else. But this place was so full of hetero couples (average age maybe 55) that I think almost anyone would feel the way I did.
- It's been said in other reviews, and I'll repeat it: The coffee was terrible. If you need good coffee, take your own equipment & coffee.
- My bed was rock hard and the pillows were weird. I like a firm mattress, but this was ridiculous. I asked for a mattress topper, which was delivered immediately. After that I slept fine.
- No wifi in rooms. Only in lobby. But you're on the beach -- you can take a break from your gadgets, right?
To sum up: Five stars for couples. Fewer stars if you're going solo or (heaven forbid) with lively children.
Tip: The water's cold, but you can actually snorkel nearby. Walk south along the beach for about 5 minutes. Right where you start seeing rocks sticking out of the water is where you want to go in. I saw maybe a dozen types of fish and small jellyfish. It wasn't like Egypt or Hawaii but worth a look. Morning's best.
Later I tried a bit further south, where there were more rocks, but for some reason that was a complete bust.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Morro Jable. 3-Storey building. Situated on Jandia beach (several steps lead to the beach). 600 M from Morro Jable. 400 M from various shops. 90 Km from the airport. 200 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Jandia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Jandia Hotel Morro Del Jable
- Riu Palace Jandia Peninsula
- Hotel Riu Palace Jandia Fuerteventura/Morro Del Jable