Having just returned from this hotel, my legs are getting the feeling back in them!! In all the hotels I have stayed in over the years, I have never walked up and down so many steps. We were unfortunate to be on level 1 in D block, where there was a severe absence of lifts, so going to or from our room meant the negotiation of at least 37 steps. If you walked down to the promenade I gave up counting!
Having said all that , the Palace Jandia is a great hotel. Food, staff, views all more or less perfect. I have to agree that the food could be hit and miss, and for most of the meat you would need your own teeth, but there was always a good variety and it was always hot. For those of you who like to start with alcohol early, there is Cava at breakfast every day.
The entertainment was a bit like the food------hit and miss. The duo, who were on 6 nights in the week were good but the acts that were brought in were certainly stealing a living.
The rooms were excellent. Clean and well presented. Comfortable beds and very large bathrooms with a corner bath. Fairly big balcony with comfortable seats rather than the usual plastic garden chairs! Wonderful sea view, and the sound of the waves sent you to sleep very quickly.
In conclusion a great hotel, in a good position for the shops and promenade, and we would go again like a shot if we could be sure of a room on the third or fourth floor of D block, which would mean a lot fewer steps. I am told by those in the know, that if you wish to make a specific room location request, then it has to be done 8 weeks before you travel as the best ones get taken up very early.
Book it and enjoy. Loose a few pounds walking the stairs, and admire the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Riu Palace Jandia opens all year round and is located directly on the beautiful Playa de Jandia beach with turquoise waters and fine sand, in the southernmost part of the island, is ideal for relaxing. RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Fuerteventura Airport FUE (90 km) and Morro Jable (1 km). The hotel has 201 comfortably furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our Wellness Center and on our sun terrace, or get in shape in the gym. 1 outdoor pools and 1 hot tub. Day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet restaurant, Spanish cuisine or "Grill Palace", alternating days, as well as 2 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Jandia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Jandia Hotel Morro Del Jable
- Riu Palace Jandia Peninsula
- Hotel Riu Palace Jandia Fuerteventura/Morro Del Jable