“We only stayed for one night, but it was awesome nevertheless :))”

Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Morro del Jable
Cologne, Germany
“We only stayed for one night, but it was awesome nevertheless :))”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel Far Jandia is located right in the heart of Morro Jable. The town itself isn't very pretty and the entrance of the hotel is next to trashy establishments like an Irish pub and some kind of video game center. However, as soon as you enter through the doors of the Faro Jandia all is forgotten. The hotel is like an oasis in a very busy desert. The pool, the room, the balconies, the service everything was well worth the four star rating. We also enjoyed the breakfast very much; the dinner wasn't so good as the food was lacking flavor and spices. As we've only stayed for a night it probably doesn't count much though. Overall a fantastic hotel, which is close to a spectacular beach! If you want to lay back and simply relax the Faro Jandia is for you. Keep in mind that there are a lot of (especially German) tourists and a lot of kids.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas R
Laura I, CM at Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your review.
We hope to see you again for more time ;)

In case you need anything for coming, my email is: laura@grupomur.com

Laura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
West Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Cracking hotel. Staff very friendly. Food good, could not complain, tasty varied and plenty of it. A wee bit away from the airport probably keeps this location as it is. Free hotel car parking included. Smashing beach which is not as far away from the hotel as it looks in the photos. Wind keeps you cool as it is hot in July. Wind also keeps any insects / flies away as well. Never got bitten which is good. The entertainment was enthusiastic and had a fun element to it, enjoyable. Air con in room was variable and very quiet.

Room Tip: Sea facing probably 5th floor or higher would be best.
1 Thank Paul M
Laura I, CM at Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your review.

I´,m happy reading that you have enjoyed your time at our Faro Jandia Hotel.

I hope you would like to come back and if so, don´t hesitate in contact me before anything: laura@grupomur.com

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Firstly what a great hotel. Absolutely fantastic. If you are looking for a peaceful, relaxing time then the hotel is perfect. Allinclusive is an absolute must. The food is top notch, from breakfast right through to evening meal. Even lunch was superb, you can have the buffet or order off menu, no need as buffet was fantastic. You are allocated a table for evening meals which was great as you have first class service from waiter, Italian gentleman was first class. Rooms where off an excelant standard, cleaned everyday, fresh towels with a great sea view. Pool side was clean, tidy and just relaxing. Pool guy was friendly, offered fresh towels day by day. Very friendly hard working staff especially bar staff who work extremely hard. Entertainment was abit geared to Germans at the beginning, abit like haven holiday but was entertaining. Loved the DJ, saxophone was amazing. Just one gripe evening entertainment was slightly missing, if only a DJ played after performances just to keep the holiday feeling as evening is sometimes the best part off holiday experience. Not much to do for older children, would love to see something for them. We also ventured out and had a few trips ran by Germans mostly, be aware it is 90 percent German location, you get the feeling British is slightly unwelcomed on trips, just an opinion, but was treated dreadful on one trip, was not impressed ;((( . Beach located opposite hotel, beautiful. You are located on strip with shops, amusements ect. On our last day we ventured out for evening meal found a fantastic restaurant by harbour called Waikiki, two metres from sea, aww just lovely. Didnt feel the need to go out on evening only the once just to try as hotel food was five star. All in all great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for leaving your fantastic review!

Regarding the british guest, for us all are welcome, it is true that we have more german guest than british but this is not an excuse to treat our guest in a different way. I´m so sorry if something hapened that you did not like.

If you need anything just let me know by email: laura@grupomur.com
And if you need help for your next booking write me please:)

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just back from a 10 night AL , Hotel Faro is a brilliant Hotel ,Location -across the road to the best golden sand beach all the shops that you can ask for on the strip,
Rooms - v good rooms, towels and sheets changed everyday ( as long as you put the sign out) sea views are the best (higher the better)
AL- Any drink on the menu , even well known drinks ( JD, baileys) Food was brilliant different every night , your own table at night time, breakfast was excellent with a nice view whilst you eat, Lunch time either a buffet or off the menu,
Entertainment-the staff worked very hard on the entertainment- the saxophone band was brilliant and enjoyed DJ Herbie.
Pool- always cleaned and beds always available and get fresh hotel pool towels everyday (with a card )
the hotel is very well kept and staff are always helpful.
a big thank you goes to bar staff who always knew what drinks we have and always made new drinks(cocktails ) if we asked, also made us coke float which was great to see their and others reactions on it lol (its been out years), also the waiters who served us during our stay especially the Italian (table 62) who had our drinks waiting everyday..
Now the negatives.
the hotel is geared more towards the Germans as you never see any uk reps there unless you ask and book a appointment.
The shows sometimes are in German but it is funny tho,
we met alot of great people on our stay from from the UK to Russia,( DJ herbie night)
Trips - we went on a few trips and they are brilliant check out the catamaran , trike's also the oasis zoo ,

Room Tip: higher the for better view ,
1 Thank darren J
Thank you so much for leaving such an amazing review!!

Thank you for coming and enjoy your holidays with us:)
I hope you will come back and please don´t hesitate in contact me before you come:)

my email: laura@grupomur.com

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We returned to the Faro Jandia last week for a wee break in the sun. What I like about this hotel is that the management and staff are genuinely interested in your experience.. How do I know? because they've made the All Inclusive process much easier than it was last time, responding to various comments about this on TA. No more signing for each and every drink. Instead, your room card is presented when you buy a drink, or drinks. The process is more relaxed and you get the impression that the hotel is getting its head round AI. There is a real air of sophistication about the place with enough informality to allow you to chill. Not only are the staff incredibly hard working and welcoming to guests, there is a camaraderie amongst them which suggests that this hotel is a decent place to work. Special mention must go to Vicente who never failed to greet you with a smile-whether it was at the beginning or end of a shift. All of the essentials are there in spades-spacious rooms, clean, and well appointed, great food and plenty of loungers round the pool. The entertainment team headed up by the wonderful Mariann (and Marco) work incredibly hard to provide a variety of daytime activities and shows in the evening. What I liked about this visit was the addition of a couple of live groups/singers. This gives the entertainment team a well deserved night off and adds to the mix of what's on offer. A five minute stroll takes you to the beach, and there are a host of shops , restaurants and bars right on the doorstep of the hotel, providing the perfect blend of everything that most people look for in a hotel. (Despite their proximity, once you enter the hotel, the activity outside is forgotten-no noise from the shops or bars can be heard anywhere in the hotel!) I would be very surprised to find a better hotel on the island of Fuerteventura.

Room Tip: All rooms have a pool view. Rooms directly to the right of the reception open out on to beautiful ga...
1 Thank margareta79
Thank you so much for your lovely review!

I´m happy reading that once again you have enjoyed our Faro Jandia Hotel and I hope for many more time.

I just want to say , if you need anything, write me an email whenever you need : laura@grupomur.com

Thank you again and we are looking forward to meeting you soon again:)
East Calder
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here for 11 nights and could not really fault this hotel. Had a sixth floor room with sea views. Room size was excellent with mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities. Room cleanliness was first class. Mini-bar prices are what you would expect but 3 euros for a large bottle of was a bit steep. The standard of this hotel i would expect water to be complimentary as the nearest supermarket offers water at about 80 cents. It wouldn't cost the hotel anything to do this. We were half board so only had breakfast and dinner. Nothing to complain about here. Restaurant staff service was excellent and food was of good quality and to a high buffet standard. Entertainment at night was my only issue and it could be better. The 'stage shows' had too much miming going on to the point that it was slightly 'naff'. However I don't expect hotel entertainment to be to 'Las Vegas' standards but I supposed they do try to cater for all tastes and nationalities. Pool and leisure facilities were excellent and offered shelter form the wind although we do prefer to use the beach. Spa facilities (sauna and steam room) were naturist. In the interest of hygiene that's the way it should be.
The resort itself is suffering from 'all inclusive syndrome' Although the resort appeared to be quite busy the outside bars and restaurants do seem to be suffering from the lack of customers. The amount of people we saw out on the street with armbands on did highlight this. The beach didn't seem that busy nor did the beach bars but if you are all inclusive you aren't going to pay for much else. Overall I would recommend the hotel and have no issue with returning.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CAPTAINSCOTT46
Thank you so much for leaving your review.

I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your time at our Faro Jandia Hotel and thank you for your comment.

If you think in coming back, don´t hesitate in contact me directly by emal: laura@grupomur.com

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Faro Jandia. I stayed for 7 nights week beginning 17 th July 2014.
The hotel is situated nicely in the resort giving perfect access to the beach via a wooden walkway. 5 mins until you get to the sand. I swam in the sea everyday. It was beautifully refreshing.
The hotel: Quality, peaceful and exceptionally clean would best describe the review of my stay.
I stayed with my family all inclusive. We had a room on level 5 which gave us beautiful views of the sea and pool. A sea view is an essential.
All inclusive works using your room card key for all transactions. It is worth the extra. (Only minor point wrapped ice creams/ lollipops were not included?)
The food was excellent with a wide and varied selection. Ignore previous reviews about there not being hot plates? or the food not being hot? The food was of a very high standard with a wide choice to meet all tastes.
The staff were very polite and very responsive even to the smallest request. Well done!
The swimming pool, sun beds and pool area is kept to a very high standard. On one evening a large cleaning party arrived and scrubbed each sun bed. Incredible!
There is a no towels on sun-beds policy which adds to the ambience of the Hotel. Towels are provided by the Hotel. These are of a really good quality.
There is an excellent Spa offering hotel guests access to an indoor pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub etc. These facilities are again exceptionally good. Ice is even pumped for muscle rub down.
Evening entertainment was good and the team worked really hard and took time to speak with the guests which was a positive.
I would return. A good hotel committed to providing the guest with an exceptionally high standard of accommodation and service. 4* plus easily.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Darrell I
Thank you so much for your concise review.

I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your holidays with us.
Regarding the ice creams, I just called the hotel and they told me that it is included in the A.I but not the once in the machine...(I don´t which ones did you take)
If you need anything r next stay please contact me before, my email: laura@grupomur.com

However it is always better to ask if you have the doubt ;)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morro del Jable
Sol Jandia Mar Apartments
Sol Jandia Mar Apartments
#5 of 16 in Morro del Jable
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real

Been to Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa? Share your experiences!