“Great location, very clean.”

IFA Altamarena Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Morro del Jable
GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Great location, very clean.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here for 10 days and it was lovely. The hotel is constantly being cleaned, everyone is friendly and the rooms adequate. It is a 15 minute stroll down the beach into Morro Jable (amazing restaurants) and 1 minute from the beach where you can hire sun loungers. Opposite the hotel is the strip off shops, cafes and bars. Everything you need is on the door step. Like the other reviews say, it is predominantly German guests (90-95%). This wasn't a issue for me and my girlfriend, but if you need to interact with other English this wouldn't be the place for you. Also, the hotel tried to enforce a long trousers at diner, which i was unhappy about. If i had been warned in advance at the time of booking i would be ok. But i dont like wearing trousers in the heat, so i just didnt!

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view people prefer, but in the evening would be loud. I had a road facing and was ha...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Diamond1989

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Essex
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We got there 7th September for 11 nights. Could not of been made more welcome. The staff are excellent, especially the bar staff. No shortage of sunbeds, or seating around pool bar. Rooms are nice and clean. Hotel is in perfect situation, on beach, with shops and restaurants across the road.
THAT'S IT!! Food was terrible. Same everyday. I have never complained about AI food as its a buffet. This though was the SAME most days. This hotel caters for the Germans. 90% of guests are German. I didn't think this was a problem reading reviews beforehand. IT DID!! It's a shame, as this as put me off coming back to the island! Very good holiday, only because we ate out each night. Avoided the restaurant and guest when we could. Nice food at pool bar thou......pizza or hotdog!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tracey L
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Altamarena Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Tracey,
Thank you for your feedback. Our restaurant offers a great variety of food. There is always a choice of different types of meat, fish, vegetables, sauces, salads and desserts. We try to satisfy every guest we have, thus we have different kinds of food (international as well as regional). It is very important to us that our guests are happy and enjoy their holidays.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We wish you all the best for your future and many relaxing holidays.

Best regards,
Your IFA Team
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just spent a week at this hotel with my daughter and mother. I've always been 5* before but this was an extra holiday so we tried to keep the price down. I was a bit worried before we went but we had a wonderful time and this hotel is a little gem. OK it doesnt have the wow factor of some 5* complexes, but it is clean, the food was lovely and the pool area is very pleasant. I was very impressed with the restaurant staff who were constantly replacing table cloths and setting tables so you never had to wait to sit down. Nothing was too much trouble, even bringing champagne to the breakfast table when they discovered it was my birthday and making my mum a pot of tea each lunchtime. The manager is constantly checking the pool area to make sure there are enough sun beds for everyone, which is a great thing in my opinion. The hotel is ideally placed with the beach outside the back gate and the shops right outside the front door. There are nice walks along the prom to the next village so all in all a great place and would recommend and definately return again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back would be nicer as they overlook the pool area
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank sheila h
Leicester
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Got back from the Altamarena on 24th after an 11 day holiday. We booked through Thomson who rate this hotel as 3 star + which I think is fair. The bedrooms are clean but are a bit dated, I stayed with my wife and daughter and we had 2 single beds and a fold down sofa which was a bit poor and could do with being replaced as it wasn't the safest bed. The food was good but by the end of the holiday it was starting to get a little repetitive but this might be as much me being fussy but I didn't want to try such things as peacock. The staff at the hotel were brilliant, especially Susan and Patricia from the entertainment team, my daughter was sick whilst we were away and they would ask after her when they saw us about. I found Jandia a bit quiet but this hotel is in a great location for the beach and shops. It is also right next to the African market. We did the excursion to oasis park which was a good day out, I'd recommend if you do don't go straight to the shows head over to the giraffes, we had 10 minutes of just us and the giraffes and got some great pictures.

My main gripe with the hotel is the add ons for the all inclusive. Only a small selection of drinks are covered, wifi is pricey and they do try to sell a tv, safe and water package for 45 euros which trust me you don't need.

A lot of reviews mention the Germans but although they are the clear majority we had no issues with them but there is a lot of speedos.

To sum up, the weather was great, the hotels clean, the beach and shops are on the doorstep the rooms could just do with updating a bit

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better, we were in room 133 which was at street height on the front of the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LeeTino180
Preesall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were worried after choosing this hotel as we usually choose a 4* but we needn't have worried - it proved to be an excellent choice and offered great value for money. Although on a small site, the grounds are laid out in such a way that appear to make them larger and they are extremely well kept and tended. The inside of the hotel was also spotless and the staff helpful. We found that the food was good with a wide choice and plentiful. The hotel is situated in a fabulous location right on the edge of the beach and we only had one day of strong winds whilst there.
The only downside was the beds which I found too hard and which gave me backache but not enough to spoil my holiday.
This hotel is a gem and offers excellent value for money - I don't think it will be too long before Thomsons begin to charge more for it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephanie S
LopesanHotelGroup, Director de Relaciones Públicas at IFA Altamarena Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Stphani S,
on behalf of the whole Altamarena Team we want to say •thank you• for your positive feedback. Our mattresses are fairly new. Should it happen that our guests find the mattress too hard. Our housekeeper is trying to uncover with thick and soft mattress to improve your sleep comfort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hotel and it would give us a great pleasure to welcome you again. Sunny greetings from Fuerteventura
Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel 6th to 20th of july and must say that thomsons got it right giving them
3 star +.things like no shaving mirror in bathroom and lack of power points in bedroom all these little things add up, but hotel is spotless and the staff are great .
The food is ok but don't expect a british sausage at breakfast because this is mainly a german hotel would I stay there again yes I would.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 79ken79
Hello 79ken79 from Hinckley, thank you for your opinion and for your suggestions.
We will pay attention at the next renovation. It would give us a great pleasure to welcome you again. Sunny greetings from Fuerteventura
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a week in July 2013.

Weather was great, staff were brilliant, food was tasty and (most importantly will all inclusive) varied, cleanliness excellent and the whole ambience very good.

My only complaints would be (both minor ones) that 1. The air-con in the rooms could have been a bit more powerful and 2. The double bed wasn't a double bed if was two singles which you could push together but they would move away from each other quite easily on the marble floor leaving a 2-3 inch gap!

On balance though would definitely stay there again and would recommend. £540 pp for a week AI with flights, you can't complain!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear southwestsam411, on behalf of the whole Altamarena Team we want to say •thank you• for your positive feedback. We are always trying our best to make the stay of our guests as enjoyable and pleasant as possible. We have actually different types of beds separate, French and double-bed. For your next visit, send us (altamarena@lopesan.com ) please your bed wishes ;-)
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holidays staying in our hotel.
Sunny regards from Fuerteventura Your Ifa Altamarena Team
Occidental Jandia Royal Level - Adults Only
Occidental Jandia Mar
Occidental Jandia Mar
#19 of 73 in Pajara

Been to IFA Altamarena Hotel? Share your experiences!