I picked the hotel to be close to a friend who is in the area. It was the location which sold the hotel to me. The hotel is right on the beach set up above the beach area by some steps and a walkway.
The pool area is where it all happens, with a pool bar serving drinks, coffee, snacks and light meals overlooking the beach itself and a decent sized pool, all spotlessly clean with the staff doing a full makeover every morning. The sun beds are packed in a little, but all of excellent quality, plenty of them and umbrellas as well. The is also a small separate area for sunbathing above the restaurant with sea views or you can go down to the gardens at the front and snooze under the palms.
Food is decent. Buffet style with plenty of choice and hard working staff who look after you and always say hello to you both at the tables and when you arrive and leave the restaurant. I stayed on half board and loved the breakfasts.
Rooms are spacious, again spotless and mine on the 6th floor had a balcony with two chairs and table and fantastic views across to Playa del Ingles.
There is a range of activities throughout the day. All run by a young Spanish guy called Alex who gets people involved and is full of enthusiasm. Guests all seem to love him and he is a real asset. However I believe he is leaving in the middle of September and this will be a great loss to the hotel. A lovely guy and great at his job. His aqua aerobics is something to be seen!
Downsides were the extortionate cost of wifi. Come on Dunas, in many hotels it is free these days! Some of the evening entertainment which is dull and boring such as some of the singers. The hotel
would benefit from a makeover such as the indoor bar area, it looks a bit dated, but all in excellent condition, just not inspiring.
Overall, fab location, loved being able to hear the sea at night from my bed great service throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FULLY AND RECENTLY RENOVATED! ADULTS ONLY HOTEL. This hotel, with its privileged location, is the closest establishment to a beach on Gran Canaria. It is located on the first line of the Las Burras and San Agustin beaches, with direct access to the beach from the hotel. All double rooms and suites have stunning views over the Atlantic Ocean. With unbeatable views and exquisite surroundings, this hotel is ideal for couples wishing to enjoy the sun and the breeze. Wifi free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dunas Don Gregory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Don Gregory Hotel San Agustin
- Dunas Don Gregory Maspalomas
- Dunas Don Gregory Gran Canaria/San Agustin