Stayed for three weeks at the of November had a room on the top floor beautiful view. Hotel is very clean and the room was cleaned to a high standard. Our cleaner often left little flower arrangements which was a nice touch.
The staff throughout the Hotel are very friendly and try to do everything they can to make your stay pleasant. You also get International branded drinks on the all inclusive which is very good.
The food was of a good standard for a large hotel, but the menu is done on a weekly basis so we did find it a little repetative. Would advise you to reserve a table for evening meals as you could take quite a while to find one.
Entrtainment was on a par for to all other hotels some good, some poor and some awful. Resident duo were ok but they sang the same song nearly everynight and in the same order could do with adding a few more to their list.
Did not join in with the games but the guests who did seemed to enjoy it.
The biggest problem is arrival and departure. You do not know until you arrive but the coach cannot pull up outside of the entrance to the hotel and you have to drag your case for quite a long way. This was ok for us as we are quite fit but some peole could struggle. Also their is no shelter when you are waiting for your return journey and we were quite worried as it was raining on the morning of our departure (this is not a regular occurance) but even if we had stayed in the hotel we would have got soaked walking to the coach. Luckily it stopped before we left.
All in all this was a good holiday and we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Onthebeach and Priceline so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria