My wife and myself have just returned from a fantastic week, on a fully inclusive basis, in the Gloria Palace. We had a garden view room. with a sea view with a balcony. The room was serviced to a high standard each day. On arrival checking in was quickly dealt with by efficient and very friendly staff.
The food right from the start was prepared and presented to the highest of standards. The wines, we had, were most acceptable with absolutely no limit to the amount offered. The staff were friendly and with my limited Spanish most helpful. On several evenings dinner was based on a theme and all the dining room staff entered the spirit of the occasion with gusto! Two sittings, with freedom of choice.
The first floor bar staff were an absolute delight with plenty of banter and a desire to help. We found the wines and spirits acceptable within the terms of our package.
The evening entertainment was also adequate with two outstanding evenings. Daytime hotel entertainment is not our scene.
Not actually being sun worshipers we tended to sit by one of the pools in the afternoon, having visited the many delightful places in the area. A free shuttle bus takes you to Maspalomas. The promenade is a pleasant walk with a number of shops, restaurants and bars. Puerto Rico and Mogan are worth a visit. The local bus service is efficient and cheap. The roads are good a little twisty but no pot holes!!!
All the staff we came in contact with were efficient and friendly. Candy, the customer services lady, was most helpful in arranging our second week in Tenerife, Nothing was too much trouble for her. All in all, we had really good week at the GPH just what the doctor ordered after a period of stress in our lives. Food great, Staff Great Good mix of guests. A good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Onthebeach, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria