I had a most enjoyable 6 nights here. From my first encounter with the hotel until check out I found all services delivered in a most pleasant manner. I upgraded to a suite room and half board and it was well worth it. The enhanced services, they call it a royal service which included an adults only area free in room internet and a late check out made the upgrade worthwhile. The views from the suite and the enormous balcony was quite stunning.
The food here was good, although many breakfast items like bacon, eggs etc were more often than not cold. However this was easily overcome by the variety on offer as well as having eggs cooked to order. Dinner in the evening was standard buffet fare but I found it good quality and again varied choice. The staff servicing the hotel all appeared to be long time employees and always considerate and courteous in every department. Many of the front of house staff were top hotel professionals in the manner they carried out their task.
The only let down was the bathroom. Given that the age profile of many guests (60 plus) having to stand in a bath with not much room to move is not comfortable or indeed safe. However, having said that this grand old dame of Gran Canaria is indeed old world 5 star charm and much more service focused than other hotels I haved stayed at in GC in the past. Highly recommended. San augustin is a great location for a relaxed holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Set in large gardens, the Meliá Tamarindos overlooks Gran Canaria's San Agustín beach. It offers a spa, fitness centre, 2 outdoor pools and has its own observatory. The air-conditioned rooms feature a pillow menu, satellite TV and plenty of natural light. They also have free Wifi. Hotel Meliá Tamarindos has 2 outdoor hot tubs, and the spa offers a sauna and massage services. There are also tennis and squash courts on site. Meliá Tamarindos' restaurants offer buffet dishes prepared in the show kitchen, including Chinese and Italian dishes. The bars serve snacks and drinks throughout the day. The Level services are available in some rooms, and include a private lounge with free snacks, cafeteria services, private solarium for adults, Nespresso machine in the rooms, and 30-minute daily access to the spa. The hotel is 500 m from a shopping centre and 3 km from Playa del Inglés. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melia Tamarindos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Tamarindos Hotel San Agustin
- Melia San Agustin
- Melia Hotel Tamarindos
- Melia Tamarindos Gran Canaria/San Agustin