My wife and I stayed at the Hotel for a week at the beginning of July. The hotel was decorated in the style of an old cruise liner. All areas were very clean. The rooms were reasonably equipped although it would have been nice to have tea/coffee facilities. Our room was at the end of the corridor overlooking the pools with the sea off to our left. There are a few rooms that look at the car park at the side of the hotel. The hotel was very quiet and we had no trouble getting sun beds whatever the time of day, except for the Saturday before we left when non hotel guests were using the pool facilities. There were signs telling guests not to reserve sun beds, and none were reserved.There was only one child staying in the hotel during our stay, although we were told prior to booking that it was a adult only hotel. In fairness there is nothing in the hotel for parents with children. The breakfast was buffet style and 'a la carte' at dinner. Drinks had to be purchased separately. Our only complaint was that the hot food was only warm. Some meals were not very palatable. We could not fault the staff, whom were Spanish/ Canarian. German and from the Netherlands. They were mostly very friendly and attentive. In particular Alain on reception was a lovely, friendly and helpful man. We missed his humour when he had time off. The Hotel is ideally situated right on the beach and a 30-40 minute walk into playa del ingles. A lot of the bars and restaurants were closed up and would have been hard to find many restaurants to eat in. The clientele were on the whole older Germans with only a few other English guests. The comments made by other recent reviewers seem fair. Would I go to this hotel again - Yes, most definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Agustin Beach Club is a superior 4 star hotel located on the beachfront in a quiet area of San Agustin. This exclusive hotel is beautifully furnished to create the ambience of a ship cruise and the majority of the 57 perfectly equipped rooms have a sea view. Between other facilities and services are the open reception 24 hours, free WIFI access in the reception area, different bars, principal restaurant, restaurant a la carte, a Wellness center and Room service (limited timetable). The hotel features a good range of on-site facilities to ensure an unforgettable stay for all who visit such as a small gym, sauna and a fresh water outdoor jacuzzi. Outside, there are 2 open-air swimming pools (one fresh water and other sea water) which are surrounded by terraces, making it an ideal place to soak up the sun, while the restaurant and the bars provide delicious cuisine, exotic cocktails and a relaxed atmosphere. The en suite guest rooms are spacious and well appointed with all of the modern amenities you would expect of a hotel of its class, including air conditioning and satellite TV. The airport is 25 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your San Agustin Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Augustin Beach Club Hotel San Agustin
- San Augustin Beach Hotel
- San Agustin Beach Club Gran Canaria