“Clean and quiet”

Ranked #8 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Oslo, Norway
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed here in july 2014. I traveled by myself. I had a big room that was cleaned very day. The bed was good to sleep in, and I have a difficult back, so plus for this. The pillows felt new, and the sheets were nice.

I could hear the neighbors if they had theire tv on load, but that only happened one day. Other than that the hotel was extremely quiet during night.

They had more than enough sunbeds, so no need to stress outside early in the morning to reserve one.

If you are traveling alone, this might not be the hotel for you if you want to socialize. I felt that people were there to relax among themselves, and found it difficult to get in contact with other guest.

Big and varied buffet with lovely food.

I would love to go back to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Kamilla J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just back from a week in this hotel on an All Inclusive break. It is far enough away from the busier parts of the resort so as not to be bothered by noise, but close enough to be able to walk to the commercial centres. The hotel is clean and very well cared for. The lounge and restaurant are pleasant and comfortable. Our room was ground floor and overlooked one of the three pools, with a terrace furnished with comfortable chairs and footstools. Definitely better than the usual white plastic. Room was cleaned daily and towels and sheets changed as often as you wanted. Robes and slippers are provided free of charge. Hairdryer also provided, along with soap and shampoo, replenished as often as necessary. Food was very good with plenty of choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner. There were a number of themed nights which were very enjoyable.Wine and beer are on tap in the restaurant. Local drinks to suit all tastes are available in the bar, and the long list of cocktails is worth exploring. All staff, from reception to bar to restaurant and domestic, were invariably hard working, polite and friendly. Wide range of guests from young couples to the more mature. No under 16s as this is an adults only hotel. Wide range of nationalities were represented. This hotel is definitely worth its 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Just ask for a nice view
10 Thank ANS45
Keighley, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here August 2014 - 2 weeks All Inclusive.
Hotel was clean and tidy - We had Room 17 - Ground floor - Not much of a view, but we had a pool view and patio doors straight onto poolside - Which we loved.
Food was great - Plenty of choice all day everyday..
Drinks as everyone has previously said - Super, Strawberry Daiquiri's are amazing... We had every evening.
We didn't stay in the hotel much - we used it as a base and had a hire car for 10 of the 14 day holiday. Drove around Gran Canaria (I found it easy with a sat nav) Stayed at the southern end of the Island.

Room Tip: We had Room 17 - Ground floor poolside room - Not much of a view, but it was perfect for us..
2 Thank daveandterasa
Basildon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from this place and well, this was a wonderful holiday! We went all inclusive and it certainly was good value for money! A spotlessly clean hotel, a fantastic team who looked after us so very well! Polite and helpful staff, the food was out of this world! One small issue not much for vegetarians in the hot food area but pescetarians however had plenty to choose from. Beautiful pools and again a very clean pool area. The surrounding area was indeed very nice and we found a little gem called Parque Botanico de Maspalomas, a botanic park free to visit and absolutely beautiful! And only a five minute walk from the hotel. Amazing plants and wild parrots hanging out in the trees chatting away... Very very nice! The dunes are of course worth a visit too and a climb if you feel up to a bit of exercise :) all in all we could not find fault with anything and we have returned fully rested and having enjoyed every minute of our holiday!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Marcie S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I cannot fault this hotel! Me and my boyfriend stayed here and we both loved it. Everything was great and nothing was too much hassle for the staff. Would 100% recommend to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat!

Strawberry daiquiris were amazing, so good they are worth their own mention.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Freyja M
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I'm on holiday with my partner at the moment for 11 nights and must say this is a really good hotel, food is excellent, hotel is spotless and although busy no getting up at the crack of dawn for sun beds as there are more than enough, the only reason I have not given 5 stars is due to the fact there is no outside seating area or bar, the inside bar has no air con and as it's very warm here at night is uncomfortable and it can be difficult to get seating, therefore a few people have seated themselves at the front of the hotel overlooking the car park. I have to mention the cocktails available at the bar and are expertly made by friendly staff ( free if all inclusive) so just to sum up great hotel, great food, comfy beds, friendly happy staff but let down by no outside seating, shame.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank adavies32
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Can not fault this hotel one bit. Loved it so much, we are considering cancelling our holiday to Turkey next year and re booking this.

We arrived after 9pm and therefore the restaurant was closed, but we were told there would be food in our room for us. I was expecting a sandwich or some salad, but we had a selection of all the things that were on the buffet that evening and it was all still piping hot. Jacket potatoes, salad, rice, ribs, all beautiful and eaten in the comfort of our big spacious room. I was impressed when I saw it, nice size bathroom with walk in shower, small kitchen area which is still handy even on all inclusive because we put a few bottles of water and drinks in the fridge for us to have on the balcony. Bed was 2 singles pushed together which was only an issue 1 night when I must have thought I was in a double bed and rolled over, only to almost fall down the middle, ha. We had a large terrace balcony which had 2 sunbeds, a parasol and a table and chairs set.

Food at the restaurant was lovely, breakfast became slightly boring as it never changed but everything was cooked nicely and everything was stocked all the time. I have been to some all inclusives where we have had to wait for a new batch of fried eggs to be made. Never an issue here, everything was topped up and never ran out. As for the other meal times, we never struggled to find something we didn't like. All lovely. Drinks were serve yourself at meal times and you could help yourself to wine, beer and soft drinks aswell and tea and coffees. I liked this better than having to wait for a waitress to bring your drinks. Staff were excellent and cleared plates away quickly. Never any queues for the buffet, unlike other places I have been where there is a long queue along the counter. You simply just went up and helped yourself without any problem. Chinese night was the best. Don't forget to check out the soup urn, there were some lovely soups available. Also Heinz tomato sauce and HP sauce was available at meal times, which was a little added bonus.

Pool area is really where this hotel excelled. 3 good sized pools to chose from although we never ventured far from the smaller pool where they did the water aerobics. This pool suited us best because the sunbeds had a bit more space, I don't like sunbeds when they are all crammed too close to the person sunbathing next to you. I also like to turn the sunbed during the day to where the sun is. I must admit we were guilty of putting our towels out early but this was only to make sure we got the sunbed we wanted in that specific area. If you're not bothered about that then you can find a sunbed almost any time.

There is no pool bar. I liked this although I noticed some people complained about it. I thought it was much better to go into the mini market and help yourself to beer, soft drinks, hot drinks, sandwiches and ice creams, rather than have to wait around a pool bar to be served. Soft drinks were all proper brands of Coke, Diet coke, Fanta and Sprite. Although spirits were local branded, they served large quantities of it and it tasted just as good.

The bar at night was excellent. About 4 bar staff all working hard, all knowing who is next and all spoke excellent English, some even spoke a little German and Dutch. The strawberry daiquiris were my favourite cocktail and always made for us by Lali, who was loads of fun. The cocktail menu was huge and lots to choose from. You will be sure to find something you like.

Evening entertainment is suited for the over 30's I would say. It's always a singer or duo act with guitar or keyboard. I thought they were all pretty good. Considering some of the entertainment I have seen at some hotels, these were all decent and people got up to dance if they liked. One thing some people have mentioned and was the only downside, was the heat in the lounge of an evening. There needed to be some windows open or stronger air conditioning because it got pretty warm at night. I mostly wore some lighter clothes and strapless dresses at evenings to cope with the heat.

Location of the hotel was on the outskirts a little bit, but I liked this. It was a fair distance from the beach, but again, suited us because we don't like the beach. The hotel do issue you with a bus pass to get the free bus from the hotel to the beach. The hotel as a short walk (around 5 minutes) to the Chapparel commercial centre, this was my preferred centre. There were a few British and Dutch bars and it was a lot cleaner and less hassle than the Yumbo centre. The Yumbo centre was about 10 minutes walk away from the hotel but I disliked it. It was too big, dirty and the shop sellers were pestering you constantly to buy things. I much preferred the Chapparel and the Windmill pub with their nightly quiz and bingo for a bit of fun.

All in all, the hotel was our favourite, best we have ever been to. It was clean, friendly and had everything we wanted. Adult only is a massive plus and the peace and quiet you get from having no kids around is brilliant. We met some lovely people and we most probably be returning to this hotel ion the future.

Few more little tips, take a trip to Palmitos Park, it was brilliant. We got the bus from close to the hotel. Walk out the hotel and turn right at the main road, follow the road to the round about and catch the number 45 bus straight to Palmitos Park, costs about 4 euros return. The animals at the park were amazing and the bird of prey show at the top of the mountain was excellent and the views, stunning. From the same bus stop you can catch a bus to Puerto Mogan, we hired a car to go here but you can get a bus for a few euros. Market day is Fridays there and it's lovely. It is nicknamed 'Little Venice' as it has a river running through it with small bridges to cross it. It has a small beach with nice restaurants and bars and also a small harbour with pretty fishing boats. Highly recommend a visit to here.

We celebrated our wedding anniversary and took a taxi to Meloneras one evening. Ask for 'the Maspalomas lighthouse' in the taxi and you will be dropped of at the start of the seafront with lots of lovely restaurants and bars overlooking the sea. It is a little pricey but for a special occasion it is worth it. The Moonlight Cinema is also here and although we didn't go it was supposed to be a nice place.

If you are looking for a quiet hotel, no kids and a nice stroll of an evening to a few bars/restaurants, then i'd have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Oh and one final point, WIFI is excellent and free at this hotel, it is very fast and easy to use. It works in all areas of the hotel including your room. Brilliant for us to keep in touch with the kids back at home and post pictures of Facebook to make all our friends insanely jealous!

12 Thank evertonl