Gran canaria was a very impromptu trip for us. We booked this hotel just 3 days before our scheduled travel after a short but intensive research. Before booking, we asked the hotel management for double bed (as it was our wedding anniversary). They said they will do the best they can. We got our double bed from the second day of our arrival. The hotel staff were very helpful and pleasant all throughout. The bed mattress, pillows and duvets were comfortable (unlike mentioned in previous reviews). Probably the hotel has changed it since.
Apartment/hotel room:- Large and spacious (Reception area, open plan kitchen, bathroom/toilet, bedroom & balcony). It has all the basic things one would need and is a great-great value for money.
Kitchen:- Has fridge, microwave, coffee maker, electric Hob, toaster and various utensils (cups, pans, knife, spoon, plates etc).
Balcony:- All balconies are pool facing with a coffee table and 2/3 chairs.
Pool:- Nice, clean and good ambience with a sauna and jacuzi. However we used nothing. There is also a pool bar.
Cleaning:- Was done every alternate day atleast (sometimes every consequetive days also), and so were the towels changed. The cleaning ladies were pleasant.,
Location:- is good with lots and shops/cafes/supermarkets around. The Yumbo centre (Playa de Ingles largest shopping area) is also very close. We just loved the food at the Indian restaurant Maharaja in the Yumbo centre. There is also a very good Pizza/gaming joint just outside Walkirias (dont remember the name, but it is down just 2-3 shops on your right when u exit Walkirias. My husband and used to play pool there. The pizzas there were awesome - fresh, tasty and super reasonable and I loved the coffee too.
The bathroom didnt have a lock. However, it was fine for us as we were husband and wife.
The Bed room gets a bit gloomy, as it faces the main road and the windows were always shut.
It is noisy if you plan to sleep early (with some noise from Yumbo centre and the road traffic).
Overall, our stay at Walkirias was very pleasant here and we felt safe. We will go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort in Playa del Ingles newly renovated. Something completely different in the heart of Gran Canaria! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Walkirias Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walkirias Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Walkirias Resort Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles