“Shame he had to ruin it”

Las Brisas Apartments
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Shame he had to ruin it”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed at these apartments from Sunday 16th - Sunday 23rd October. On arrival the reception was closed. I called the two emergency numbers on the door and no one answered. Thankfully I managed to locate the number a very helpful German tour operator who gave me the mobile phone number of the man in reception. After three phonecalls to him he finally turned up 45 minutes after my arrival to give me access to the apartment. I looked around the apartment to see that we only had beds for 5 people (we had booked for 6 through travel republic). So I made a journey to reception to see the unhelpful man again. He told me the rooms only slept 5 and that only a baby was acceptable as the 6th person (no cot was provided either!). Anyway he promised to help me and get a bed for the follwoing morning. Nothing arrived. His words the following day were 'Tough, it sleeps 5'. So after being very rude to the man I made umpteen calls to the UK before the bed issue was resolved. Then I had a run in with him about the safe not working - so my tip here would be avoid reception duirng the day as Juan is the most unhelpful human being I have ever met. The chap in the evening was lovely. Now lets get onto the apartment - they were basic and a little tired in places but overall were fine. the kitchen was lacking a toaster and a kettle but that didn;t matter, We had the odd visit of a cockroach (from under the oven) but I've never experienced the Canaries without them. All of the apartments overlooked the pool which is great if you're travelling with kids as we were. The walk to the beach is about 10 mins, high up on the promenade - very pleasant indeed.. So all in all I enjoyed it. The idiot on reception tried his hardest to ruin it but I overcame that! Get there before 1 pm though as reception closed until 4pm which is a joke really!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank Trotter01

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2011

this is a little gem in the midst of the vast holiday resort of Playa del ingles, a short stroll to the beach and with restaurants, shops and the bus station close by a group of about 40 bungalows clustered around a lovely pool and set in pretty gardens. we had 2 bedrooms for 2 adults and our 16 yr old daughter for the price of a studio elsewhere. There is a friendly reception and maid service but if you want entertainment you need to go out of the complex. there is street parking nearby (free if you can get a space) or 3 euros a day at the complex. the kitchen had microwave hob and huge fridge freezer but cooking utensils a bit lacking. if you want to meet lots of Brits dont go here, but for independent families who like to do their own thing ... WONDERFUL

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank diana097
Lancashire
Reviewed 12 June 2010

We stayed at Las Brisas apartments for 10 nights, and for 2* accomodation they were excellent. We arrived late Saturday night and were met on reception by the night watchman, who was very sweet & took our luggage and us around to our apartment, unlocked the door turned on the lights, had a quick look round and bade us goodnight.
They are 2 bedroom apartments...... lounge & kitchen downstairs and bedrooms & bathroom upstairs. Spotlessley clean. They are set around a pool which gets the sun from 8am till 8-45pm We had a lovely patio & garden. Alot are privatley owned by the Spanish people as holiday homes, and they came at the weekend to visit, and were ever so friendly.
Well equipped kitchen for 2*. Hob Microwave, Toaster, sink ample plates & cutlery & pans, and a lovely big fridge freezer. Alas no Kettle, but I never travel anywhere without my kettle, so prob there.
Excellent position of these apartments. Just across the road the shopping centre, bars & resturants. Buses stopped just over the road to other resorts. A short stroll to the beach & and the bizarre & again many resturants & bars. They were an ideal location yet very peaceful......... with all this virtually on the doorstep. Our maid was Carmella and she was lovely. Paco is the handyman who also did the pool at first light.
We booked with Travel Republic and they were excellent too, and for the flight, accomodation, transfers we paid £634 & the odd coppers, and rated this as excellent value for money. We would definitley go back, and would recommend to anyone.
Onething I would say is that maybe not for the disabled who cannot climb stairs, as the berooms & bathroom are on the second floor.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple