“Back to Form”

Ristorante Italiano AL CIRCO
Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria with 100% original Italian products and staff. Totally Homemade Pasta and Pizza, Bread and Dessert...a corner of culinary Italian paradise in Gran Canaria, with a nice ambience, great food,marvellous music and easy price...The perfect place for your party,a business lunch, a family meal or a romantic dinner.On our suggestive terrace with swimmingpool with no smoking area inside ...All you want, you can find it here..We are a real circus family.Everybody is Welcome.Your Pets at the terrace as well!
Zurich
“Back to Form”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Playa del ingles and it was good to be back again: I got a very pleasant welcome from the owners and good advice on their specials of the day. I settled on a mango & Gorgonzola risotto as a main course and then ordered a baked aubergine as a starter, thinking that its modest pricetag would indicate it to be small and light. It was indeed very tasty but filling enough for a main course. The combination of flavours in the risotto was unusual, but they worked perfectly; a real find. Good wine, good mineral water (not always true on Gran Canaria), good coffee. Friendly service, pleasant ambience. All added up to a quiet (most of the clients were outdoors, I was inside) satisfying evening.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MartinW_Dublin
Alessia C, Gerente at Ristorante Italiano AL CIRCO, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you very much for your rewiew,it was really good to see you again.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“what about a real Pizza? that is the place”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

a parte il fatto dell'effetto toscano.... but the pizza and beer was what we needed...!!!
nice and friendly. So...the pizza is a hit. Enjoy and if you are a skeptical pizza eater then you will find peace at this restaurant.

1 Thank Giancarlo C
Thank you very much for your rewiew,it was really good to see you again.
“Pizza !!!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

In order to eat the best pizza in town al circo stays the best. Personal is friendly too...the decentrated location is not a +

1 Thank Victor B
Zurich
“Keeping up standards”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I don't like writing this review, as it will find fault with one of my favourite restaurants. All reviews are subjective, and this one is no exception.
I visited Al Circo again in July. As usual, I received a friendly welcome. It was good to be back in their atmospheric little room. The decor is reminiscent of a local trattoria with a circus theme. Family photos, red and white wallpaper, nothing pretentious. Homely in the best sense of the word.
My starter was the antipasti platter. Previously I have raved about it but this time it was a disappointment. The cold meats had been left near a hot source (or left in a hot kitchen for some time) and were warm and limp. The excellent mortadella was no longer included. The previously tasty melted cheese on home-made bread had now an indifferent taste. I noticed the absence of their own confiture which I had so much enjoyed on previous occasions. In compensation there was an over-generous helping of uninteresting olives. In short, the produce was inferior to what was offered in 20012. Unfortunately the same comments could be applied to my main course. I know that I should have said all this at the time, but this is something that I'm very bad at. I didn't want a poor meal to be followed by an argument over what was or wasn't wrong.
There are two things that I've noticed about Al Circo over the past while. One - it has slid down the ratings on TA; it used to come in regularly well up in the top ten. Two - the high turnover in staff. Each time I go there seem to be new faces. Friendly faces - which is one of the things I like about this restaurant. I hope that management will prove able to get this restaurant back into the top ten.

• Visited July 2013
alcirco, Propietario at Ristorante Italiano AL CIRCO, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
We are really sorry about it,but maybe the antipasto wait a little bit in the kitchen because the restaurant was busy and in july the temperature in the kitchen is around 30ºC.We keep out the mortadella because usually when we served the antipasto people ate everything but the mortadella.We use the same italian products from the opening and we always serve the antipasto with honey and tomato jam.We change only the pizzaman,we had big trouble with him (and now is better then before) but the waiters/owners and the chef are always the same.We glade about your bad night and we are going to do same change to be the best another time.Thank you very much for your rewiev
“One of the best Pizza experience”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This restaurant was a nice surprise.
I have been eating out every night for a week in Maspalomas and, although food was generally very good, I often got annoyed by the attitude of waiters and owners that try selling you the most expensive choices and sometimes they trick you into ordering something not on the menu, with a bad surprise by the time of paying.
The staff at Al Circo was different. They seemed to be genuinely friendly and didn´t push for anything. They speak at least three languages, which helps.
But the real surprise was the food. I had one of the best pizzas ever. It would be on a par with the best pizza places in Rome (where I come from). Other friends in my group had pasta and they said the same.
And we spent 15€ each including beverages. This is half of what you can expect to pay in most of the surrounding restaurants.
Highly recommendable