“Kitesurfing Certifcation - IKO Discovery Level 1”

Pro Surfing Company
Book In Advance
More Info
US$60.06*
and up
Surf Course in Gran Canaria
Auckland, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Kitesurfing Certifcation - IKO Discovery Level 1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome, clear and concise tuition! Paul was our Kitesurfing instructor, and within a few hours he had taken us from being complete novices...to able to to launch, fly, park & relaunch our kites with ease and simplicity. Cannot recommend these guys enough. Their straightforward and professional approach focuses on safety and developing solid foundation skills, giving you the confidence and control to take things further. Book now in the knowledge that you'll be getting expertly trained, top level, professional IKO certified instructors. With any extreme sport there are unavoidable risks...but proper training and coaching with Pro Surfing will help you minimise these, letting you focus on enjoying your time on the water. Thanks again to Paul and the team! *I hadn't met these guys until my first lesson with them yesterday, but having run a Tour Operator specialising in ski + snowboard holidays for a number of years, I know just how important sincere and honest referrals and recommendations are. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message, Nate & Kate

[n.b. I've also posted this on google local too]

Visited May 2014
prosurfingcompany, Manager at Pro Surfing Company, responded to this review, 2 July 2016
Hola Nathan M,

You are more then welcome and thank you so much for your awesome review.

We work with IKO and follow the system complete as its designed on the safety way and with a instructor and person like Paul it will never fail:) Paul is funny as he is also very strict about the safety rules as this is important.

We cannot thank you enough for your positive review and We hope to see you again!

Amsterdam
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Quality in surfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a very good company.
I went on a surftrip with them twice. I was impressed that they really try to find acceptable waves. This also means that if there aren't any that day, you drive around for a couple of hours and have to come back the next day for another search. They would rather go through the hassle of driving you around again, than let you have a bad time in crappy waves.
The beginners get really good instruction, also about currents and about rocks. The instructor goes into the water with them and keeps giving them advise, and when the water is not so deep, he stands there and holds the board and gives them a push when the wave comes. I was impressed with that, because I have seen some instructors at work in other places, but never one that goes in with the group and works so hard at getting them to surf.
I am an intermediate surfer, and I used a NSP hardtop, which surfs quite well. It was available in 7'2 and 7'6, and they also have a 7'10 longboard if I remember well. The beginners went out on foam boards.
There is a photographer that goes with the groups, and you can buy the digital photo's from him afterwards. Bring 10-15 euro along in cash if you think you might want the pictures. I did want them because I never these were the first pictures of myself surfing where I didn't look like a small spec :)
My only criticism: the snack is like nothing at all, so bring some food along yourself, a banana or some cookies.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Frederieke
Hola Federieke,

Thank you for your detailed review and for joining our team.

We always want to deliver quality and so we search for the best waves possible. We realize that everyone is on holiday and holidays are to enjoy to the fullest.

The lessons are designed on learning basics of surf but also to teach you about all the aspects around like Ocean and safety so you can go out there and practice after a few lessons with our school. We do recommend to eat good before the course and to take something in case you are hungry fast, else the snack in between the break could be enough.

“Fantastico!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I loved it and i'll really recommand it to everyone who want to learn surfing. There were many good instructors who will help you if you need that. Absolutley worth the money! My instructor was very good and told us what to do and what who was important to not do and to do. It was a great experience who I never will forget!

Hola Guro Lindvik V,

Thank you for joining us and reviewing us on Trip adivsor.

We love it to to have students like you with great energie. Happy you loved it so much and that you will never forget it.. this is what we are doing it for:)

Helsinki, Finland
“COOOOOL!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had a total blast with this 1 day try of surfing and definitely got hooked from the very beginning! Our instructor was very patient, told us what to do and also importantly, what not to, so felt very safe and sure all the time while trying something totally new and a bit scary for the first time. Definitely the best day-off I have had in a long long time!! And going again after a couple of days... ;)

Hola Korppu83,

We always take our time especially if you feel scary, we are always in the water together with you so you can feel safe at anytime. Happy you enjoyed it with our team.

Hollola, Finland
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

A very fun day learning the basics of surfing. The instructor gave good tips for each one of us depending on what we needed help with. I do recommend!

Hola Heli R,

We are Pro´s in teaching the basics of surf and we are happy you enjoyed it with us.