“great place”

Hotel Servatur Waikiki
Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 12 August 2014

just back from a fortnight at Waikiki,
spotless clean, friendly staff, great food every day.
nice relaxing poolside, although I agree with an earlier review that groups of singles are not always the way ahead as there were two nights that were quite noisy, but it didnt detract.
great place, going back in October.
and the pool aquagym session is legend.....

Room Tip: overview of pool room was great to watch the activities....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank John M

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel was standard good for a 3star. Had everything we needed. Couple of things however; entertain was awful. Watched a couple or shows and each time was disappointed. If you are hiring a car do so but car park is extremely small. Sun beds around the pool are right next to each other so not a lot of room.

Room Tip: The further away you are from the main entrance the quieter it is and that's just from the hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nic192009
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had lovely time here staff great food good rooms lovely and clean. well situated. Pools good size and the all inc is well worth it. Air con wasnt that great esp for heat it gets in july/aug. Only reservation would have on booking future holidays to it is they are starting to have parties of singles staying more as we travel as a family would concern me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ksview
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel the 12th July for a week with my girlfriend and once we arrived we checked in quickly, we had a high room on floor 8 over looking the pool area, we could also see the mountains. i emailed them a few months before asking for this so its worth a try :) the hotel was clean, staff always polite, food was nice and always a selection. we could always get a sunbed, distance to the beach was under ten minutes and the walk was nice. we went dolphin spotting which was in Puerto Rico and we actually seen lots, very relaxing boat trip. also i recommend the 4x4 jeep safari which takes you up into the mountains, amazing experience. scary but seen so much and had a lot of fun. our rep Kelly was really nice, always there to help, went on a bar crawl and met some nice people and got very drunk lol. best holiday yet! will defo return to this hotel again. tip- its very hot! you probably will burn. i'm still peeling nearly 2 weeks after lol

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NatAlly P
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel last year but forgot to review. The hotel is in prime location for the night life, which is amazing, lots of clubs bars and restaurants. The hotel is lovely and clean, the rooms are spacious. We arrived late at night and the staff left the restaurant open for us to have a snack and a drink. The food was fine and plentiful as where the drinks lots of choice. The pool area was brilliant plenty of sun beds and there was activities all day long for adults and kids i loved the aqua aerobics. I would deffinatley return to this hotel without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jessiemurf
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at the waikiki from 7-21st July for 2 weeks this was our 7th stay and will not be our last, food can be a bit samey after 2 weeks but there is always something even for the fussiest of eaters.There are plenty of drinks to choose from and wine/beer/soft drinks are a on the pumps self service. The animation team work really hard coleen is a absoloute star, the evening shows aren't to everyone's taste in the 2 weeks we were there there were 2 professional shows but we preferred the ones the animation put on especially the rock station show.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank katie_louise85
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Now, I don't want this review to be negative, because I have had a lovely week away in the end of July heat. The highest temperature was around 40 degrees!

Main point: If you are a family, looking for Random Butlins style holiday. Then this could be for you.

Anyway, To escape the hustle and bustle of London, my friend and I book this holiday last minute through the Thomson shop. Upon arrival, the staff asked us if we would like the kitchen open, just for us... It was around 12 at night. Instantly gave them a gold star for that. Other highlights of the hotel was the pool and the pool entertainment. The entertainment staff have personality, energy and are engaging.

The beach is a 10 minute walk or alternatively, you can get a free shuttle bus. FYI - we paid €7.50 for 2 sun beds and a brolly. We thought this was good value.

Also the strip of bars and clubs are near by - it is like a pre-Zante / Spanish Blackpool. A little tacky for me. Sorry.

However, what I didn't like is that actually the guest were all German or Spanish. I normally chat away to people on my breaks away, but couldn't quite get pass 'hola' and 'guten morgen' ... I started to wish I did learn another language whilst at university.

I really wish the guy who helped us (two 25 year old girls) to book our holiday, warned us that this is a family hotel. Literally right next door is the riu flamingo which is adults only. Or you have the princess, which is the other side, also adults only ... But looked a bit romantic so perhaps not for my friend and I.

Then there was dinner. We had to sit at the same table, at the same time, every night. Luckily opposite was a gorgeous Spanish guy I could admire, but seriously. We sat at table 65 every night between the times of 8.30 - 9.15pm. The other time that was offered was 6.30 - that wouldn't work, I was still swimming in the pool. The food, was the same every night. I would liked to of seen themes. And maybe some Spanish food?!?!

To conclude, family holiday hotel. Mostly German and Spanish. A few Spanish teenagers, looking for a cheap party holiday.

Great weather, close to the beach and a lovely pool. Friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends