My wife and I where here in February 2013 and had a great time so we decided to take our two (adult) girls with us for a week. They were never going to turn down a free holiday;-). We booked 23/10/13 to 30/10/13 half board. On arrival with hotel voucher in hand I was told they could not find my booking and to take a seat. The staff member, who wore a black uniform, which gave me the impression he was in charge as the others wear cream colours was efficient but very distant and cold. This I have to say is in complete contrast to the other staff members and perhaps the management should tell him to lighten up? People are on holiday and not prisoner being shown to a cell? 15 minutes later we got shown to two rooms at the far end of the hotel away from everything. This in spite of the fact I asked for rooms that overlook the pool if possible. Clearly we were being put into the "emergency rooms". One was quite spacious but the other was a strange shape (266+268). The route march we had to make to get to the restaurant and pool, up and down stairs, had the makings of ruining or at least taking some of the good feeling away from being on holiday! The next day I returned to reception, spoke with a very helpful clerk, explained the problem and got allocated rooms 142+143 which would be available the next day. I would NOT have got moved had I not asked, so if not happy with something ask! Moved into the rooms and THIS type of room and location was why I came back to this particular hotel. The feel good factor had returned. From then on in the holiday was great. Food was excellent and has something for everyone. Rooms were cleaned daily and were spotless. Hotel prices were reasonable, not cheap but reasonable. Pool areas spotless and if you are booking ask for pool view as these rooms appear to be the more spacious and nearer to reception and restaurant. The main Yumbo Centre is just across the road so plenty shops and bars to visit if that is your thing. If you have booked this hotel then you will have a great time and if you are considering it then I have no reservations recommending it to you! Have a good holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Adults Only & Half Board Hotel Riu Don Miguel is located in the south of Gran Canaria in the holiday area of Playa del Inglés (1,5km), with a fine sandy beach and striking dune scenery. Centrally-located in a bustling area, surrounded by shops, bars and restaurants, the hotel presents a wide choice of entertainments nearby. The RIU Classic Hotels offer comfortable rooms and excellent facilities with great leisure and relaxation facilities, as well as international gastronomy. Enjoy a relaxing holiday - whether alone, with family, partner or friends! The location is ideal because of its proximity to Gran Canaria Airport LPA (30km) and Maspalomas (6km) and invites you to explore the island. The hotel has 251 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Get in shape in the gym, 1 outdoor and 1 children's pool. Evening entertainment, Live Music and Shows. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Body's á la carte restaurant, 3 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riu Don Miguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Don Miguel Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Don Miguel Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles