“Review”

MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed in the hotel for a week from 14th February 2014. The hotel was spotless, the facilities were excellent, food fabulous and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated right in the centre of things and yet was not noisy late at night.

We availed of spa services and they were of an excellent quality and incredibly good value.

I'd recommend the hotel to anyone and would love to return.

Máire McSherry

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you so much for leaving such a good review.

I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your vacation with us.

I would appreciate if you contact me for you next booking:)

My email: laura@grupomur.com

There are newer reviews for MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel from 6th feb for 11 nights all inclusive ,we were spoilt from the moment we arrived every member of staff were so friendly and helpful food was so good with plenty of choice ,Andraios at the pool bar was so attentive always smiling Nani the breakfast chef was a breath of fresh air all waiters cleaning staff were excellent and Moran on the bar and his helpers made our stay so good we will be booking to go back next year . Thank you all great hotel .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suemoore12
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

I will tell them all your nice comments:)
I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your stay and that you would like to come back:)

I leave my email in case you need anything, laura@grupomur.com
You can write me anytime.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hi, We have recently returned from our 1 week stay in Gran Canaria, we stayed at the Neptuno Hotel this time round based on the location and the excellent reviews on trip advisor.
I can best describe the hotel as average, as there were a few disappointing factors.
Check in was terrible, there was only one receptionist on duty and we had to wait about 15 mins to even be greeted. We were not offered a glass of Cava as promised although I could see it sitting on the desk, we also had to carry all our luggage down three flights of steps, Check in took approx. another 15 mins, not what I would expect from a 4star hotel.
Our room gave us no reason to complain, it was very clean and fairly spacious and had a lovely balcony overlooking the pool, The friendly housekeeping staff kept the room tidy all weekm Thank you,
The restaurant was terrible, it was tiny and we were allocated a small table behind a huge pillar which spoilt the ambiance for us. It was always packed full of people and there was little room to move around the server areas. Waiting staff were reasonably efficient. and friendly although I would say that they were a bit touch and go with the level of attentiveness. Some larger tables with German clients were getting far better service than others. At breakfast I thought that something really special was happening at 1 of the counters as there was huge queues..... to my horror I found that it was a queue for bacon and egg which was cooked to order by 1 very talkative girl, this took absolutely ages and after 2 days I didn't bother with a cooked breakfast as the queues put me off. Overall I would say that the quality of the food offering was average at best and leaves much room for improvement. I must say though that lunch was served at the restaurant outside and was a la carte, this was much better and we had some very enjoyable meals, the food quality was also far superior.
The pool area was lovely and relaxing, there was always a sunbed and the pool itself was reasonably warm .Waiters would come round with a glass of Sangria at noon which was a nice touch.
The hotel was next to the Yumbo centre, I can honestly say that we were never disturbed by any noise during our stay.
Checkout was ok but I was disappointed that the concierge did not offer to help us carry our luggage up the 3 flights of steps, he just stood and watched us struggle..
Overall we had a great holiday once again in Playa Del Ingles, we go there at least once a year, I would recommend the Ifa Continental which we stayed in last year as in my view the food is better ,the service is better and the overall hotel experience was better.

3  Thank Art B

Thank you for leaving your comment.
For your positive and negatives points of view.

As you know this is the best way for us to improve our services.
If you think sometime to book again with us, you can get my email and write me directly laura@grupomur.com at anytime, I will help you asap and I will try to help you in everything you need.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Another annual pilgrimage to Gran Canaria and another stay at the Neptuno. The staff are great, the breakfasts are excellent and the location for all the local nightlife is second to none. There are rooms with twin or double beds and the staff are happy to tell you in advance which rooms these are. The rooms at then end of the blocks have larger round balconies and the ones near the centre overlook the pool. Don't be fooled to take too high a floor as this can be noisy from the Yumbo, but the hotel thoughtfully supply earplugs.
There are regulars (like me) who go every year and sometimes several times per year - this is the best vote of confidence any hotel can get. Being adults only is perfect and the pool is also glorious. Book, go, enjoy!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is probably the best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry L

Thank you so much for you nice comment!

Definitely we really appreciate when reapeting clients leave their comments with their point of view of the stay, for us is the most important thing.
We can change, thing about new ways of anything, it is like an exam for us:)
So I´m realy happy reading that you have enjoyed once again your stay with us.

Thank you again.

I leave my email in case you don´t have it yet...Laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed 12 February 2014

having stayed there before,i knew what it was like,and I liked this hotel.was arriving 18th jan 2014,but had booked two double,not twin rooms back in October,booked and payed.when my friend and I arrived with the double room confirmation,it was as if the receptionist wasn't aware we had booked two rooms.my friends was on the ground floor,dark,dingy,and with no double,but twin beds,and a mop to catch the water that flowed from under the showerscreen where the seal was missing.his balcony had a view of a large and unattractive wall.mine on the other hand.fourth floor,large balconey,double bed as requested and payed for,a basket of fruit and wine,now that's 4*.no comparison between two rooms booked and payed for at the same time with the same requests.we complained but he couldn't get moved for two days,a bad start from an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: request a pool view,and you may get one?
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank james n

Thank you for leaving your review.
I know the vacation is one of the most important thing in our life, we work a lot to be able to get some free days...so I really understand that you are piss with us regarding our mistake.
So I must say sorry again and also that we are humans and sometimes we make mistakes.

I leave my emial if you would like to come back sometime and you can write me anytime and request personally with me your rooms:)

My emial: laura@grupomur.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have not any important complaints to comment on. All in all we are very pleased with our stay. The rooms were clean, good sized balcony and bathroom and good storage. Very firm beds. Helpful staff and quiet around the pool (no under 18's). The little negative is that the bedding was not changed for a week, and the restaurant was crouded and hectic. You have the same table all week so try get one away from kitchen. A little bigger restaurant would be a great improvement. Maybe expand the restaurant into the bar area and move the bar to the very big room next to the reception ? We will definitely consider staying here on our next return.

Room Tip: Rooms with low numbers (X01-X09) are facing east and have sun in the morning.
1  Thank Matt E
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so much for leaving your review,
You have had a really good idea with the restaurant, but I´m not sure if it would be possible..but thank you so much for it.

Regarding the bedding, it is really strage becuase we really take care about the beddings and cleaning stuff. So I will also make a note with it.

Thank you again, for us is really important to know this little things to improve our services everyday.

If you need anything, please don´t hesitate to contact me by email: laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Improvents at the Neptuno has made it a very good stay again , staying 10 days this time , all inclusive option is very good value for money ! Staff friendly as always despite the hotel being very busy . All in all a good stay and considering returning in April .

Room Tip: We always stay 1st floor . But hoping to try opposite side next ( above terrace ) as sun hits balcon...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marvelous1
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review.

We are looking forward to your next stay:)

Thank you.

#6 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Melia Tamarindos
Melia Tamarindos
#5 of 19 in San Agustin

Been to MUR Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria? Share your experiences!