“Great Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Evesham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Lovely clean hotel with everything you need nothing is too much trouble. Every member of staff is lovely from the front of house to the cleaners. The hotel bar is great and the members of staff working there are great fun. There is also great entertainment in the hotel of an evening. What makes this hotel even better is that its adults only which means its so relaxing. We had a great time and met some lovely people. Would return to this hotel again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jussy_12
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your lovely review.

I´m glad knowing that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to having you here soon:)

Please, if you need anything don´t hesitate to contact me anytime by email: laura@grupomur.com

Laura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Just returned from yet another great holiday at the Neptuno. From the moment you step through the front door your made to feel welcome, check-in is so easy & fast before you know it your unpacked in your spacious room with mini bar & t.v. with English channels.Then off to the pool bar to see the brilliant Andraios and his team,where he looks after you and makes sure you have all you want off the lunch time menu that is freshly cooked for you.
Before dinner you can enjoy a drink or two at the cocktail bar and again a warm welcome from the staff.Then to dinner once seated by the restaurant manager the wine waiter straight to your table.There is a great selection of hot and cold food plus a fad carvery which is diffrent every night.as the rest is buffet service we felt some of the food could have been hotter. Ok if you have a sweet tooth as there`s a good selection of sweets.Can,t wait till April for our return.

Room Tip: Pool view on 5th floor
4 Thank pwishart
Thank you so much for leaving your lovely review.

I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your holidays with us and you have already booked your next holidays!

Please contact me directly if you need anything for your next stay in April, my emial: laura@grupomur.com

We are really greatful with your review.

We look forward to having you here soon.

Saint Paul
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was my second stay at the Neptuno, and I must say that there are many good qualities to the place. I had a great check-in and loved the offering of the cava as well as the fruit and wine in my room. Though the hotel itself seems a little old and stuck in the 70's, the resulting design is something to appreciate; the rounded balconies are very spacious and comfortable, the sitting chair in the room was great and the maid service was very good at telling when I would be away so they could clean the room. The major inconvenience, of course, was the HVAC unit, which is not operational in winter (that makes the Neptuno 3 star in my mind, but still nice). I still cannot get my mind around the dinner seating allocations. It's fine to sit next to someone new (almost all gay guys), but I found myself asking if I really wanted to go to dinner one night as I was not feeling well and knew I'd have to make chit-chat. Also, while the breakfast set up offers plenty of variety (loved getting pate), the dinners were good but lacked decently cooked vegetables alongside the mains. The salad vegetables were also not that good except for the pickles and fish available. From what I can tell, the Neptuno is definitely an institution as they have regulars that have been coming for 20 years+, but over time, I would like to see more flexibility on the dining options (even a "to go" option would be good) with better bar service and more inventive cocktails. Overall, I think the rooms with balcony, the quiet adults-only pool area and generally good location close to the Yumbo and transport would make the place worth staying in again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators, as they can be noisy if you are right up against them.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank stp0707
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 26 February 2014

As you said, it was your second time with us at Neptuno, I must say thank you for coming:) and thank you for choosing us as you hotel.

Reading your review I really appreciate your tips, definitely we are always open to improve many things and the best way is when we know your opinions, all our guest, specially the repeating clients.

I will make a note and I will try my best to bring it to the right people:)

Thank you again.

If you need anything don´t hesitate to contact me anytime, by laura@grupomur.com

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed in the hotel for a week from 14th February 2014. The hotel was spotless, the facilities were excellent, food fabulous and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated right in the centre of things and yet was not noisy late at night.

We availed of spa services and they were of an excellent quality and incredibly good value.

I'd recommend the hotel to anyone and would love to return.

Máire McSherry

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for leaving such a good review.

I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your vacation with us.

I would appreciate if you contact me for you next booking:)

My email: laura@grupomur.com

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from 6th feb for 11 nights all inclusive ,we were spoilt from the moment we arrived every member of staff were so friendly and helpful food was so good with plenty of choice ,Andraios at the pool bar was so attentive always smiling Nani the breakfast chef was a breath of fresh air all waiters cleaning staff were excellent and Moran on the bar and his helpers made our stay so good we will be booking to go back next year . Thank you all great hotel .

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank suemoore12
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comment.

I will tell them all your nice comments:)
I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your stay and that you would like to come back:)

I leave my email in case you need anything, laura@grupomur.com
You can write me anytime.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Hi, We have recently returned from our 1 week stay in Gran Canaria, we stayed at the Neptuno Hotel this time round based on the location and the excellent reviews on trip advisor.
I can best describe the hotel as average, as there were a few disappointing factors.
Check in was terrible, there was only one receptionist on duty and we had to wait about 15 mins to even be greeted. We were not offered a glass of Cava as promised although I could see it sitting on the desk, we also had to carry all our luggage down three flights of steps, Check in took approx. another 15 mins, not what I would expect from a 4star hotel.
Our room gave us no reason to complain, it was very clean and fairly spacious and had a lovely balcony overlooking the pool, The friendly housekeeping staff kept the room tidy all weekm Thank you,
The restaurant was terrible, it was tiny and we were allocated a small table behind a huge pillar which spoilt the ambiance for us. It was always packed full of people and there was little room to move around the server areas. Waiting staff were reasonably efficient. and friendly although I would say that they were a bit touch and go with the level of attentiveness. Some larger tables with German clients were getting far better service than others. At breakfast I thought that something really special was happening at 1 of the counters as there was huge queues..... to my horror I found that it was a queue for bacon and egg which was cooked to order by 1 very talkative girl, this took absolutely ages and after 2 days I didn't bother with a cooked breakfast as the queues put me off. Overall I would say that the quality of the food offering was average at best and leaves much room for improvement. I must say though that lunch was served at the restaurant outside and was a la carte, this was much better and we had some very enjoyable meals, the food quality was also far superior.
The pool area was lovely and relaxing, there was always a sunbed and the pool itself was reasonably warm .Waiters would come round with a glass of Sangria at noon which was a nice touch.
The hotel was next to the Yumbo centre, I can honestly say that we were never disturbed by any noise during our stay.
Checkout was ok but I was disappointed that the concierge did not offer to help us carry our luggage up the 3 flights of steps, he just stood and watched us struggle..
Overall we had a great holiday once again in Playa Del Ingles, we go there at least once a year, I would recommend the Ifa Continental which we stayed in last year as in my view the food is better ,the service is better and the overall hotel experience was better.

3 Thank Art B
Thank you for leaving your comment.
For your positive and negatives points of view.

As you know this is the best way for us to improve our services.
If you think sometime to book again with us, you can get my email and write me directly laura@grupomur.com at anytime, I will help you asap and I will try to help you in everything you need.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Another annual pilgrimage to Gran Canaria and another stay at the Neptuno. The staff are great, the breakfasts are excellent and the location for all the local nightlife is second to none. There are rooms with twin or double beds and the staff are happy to tell you in advance which rooms these are. The rooms at then end of the blocks have larger round balconies and the ones near the centre overlook the pool. Don't be fooled to take too high a floor as this can be noisy from the Yumbo, but the hotel thoughtfully supply earplugs.
There are regulars (like me) who go every year and sometimes several times per year - this is the best vote of confidence any hotel can get. Being adults only is perfect and the pool is also glorious. Book, go, enjoy!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is probably the best.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barry L
Thank you so much for you nice comment!

Definitely we really appreciate when reapeting clients leave their comments with their point of view of the stay, for us is the most important thing.
We can change, thing about new ways of anything, it is like an exam for us:)
So I´m realy happy reading that you have enjoyed once again your stay with us.

Thank you again.

I leave my email in case you don´t have it yet...Laura@grupomur.com