“Some good, some bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Helsinki, Finland
“Some good, some bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was my third time. First impression was suberb but it started to fade away in about week..

The room was modern, clean and everything what i was expecting. The welcome packege was awesome, really!! View and location,. perfect. Especially i loved the facilities in the room.

Gym...well...lets just say it was better than nothing and free weights! Very important. Pool area nice, too small for amount off people but still nice and clean. Free sangria at noon!!

Staff generally nice and polite, i was offered cava at the check in. The food, mostly good, sometimes miserable but you allways find something to eat. Free wifi.

Why 3 stars?

I found a living worm from my food at the dinner time, i think it was a gabbage moth, i gave it to the waiter. It happens... but still... it tells somenthing...most likely i also eat those.. :(

After a week the very nice cleaning lady said to me, " i have a time schedule to make up your room and it`s 9 am, your room is always occupied at that time"........What?! Nobody told me this, i`m on vacation, i never leave before 10 or 11 am. If they have a schedule( That is stupid, that IS NOT WORKING ANYWAYS, and in the end it didn`t) why there is a door signs available? So they did not tell me this at the check in AND made the decesion with out asking me. Absolutely hate that.

Wifi is slow, too many users? Well it works fine in RDM, many users or not. Make it work.

Promissed me to have my own dinner table , it was single yes BUT pushed together with other tables... so was sitting there with a couple that were as much annoyed than i was, i do not want to eat my diner with the strangers. Again this works in RDM. Make it work.

Like every older hotel, v.e.r.y common in spain, there is a problem with the sound insulation. Noices from the streets or bars i dont really care but if you have to wake up in the mornings by listening when somebody is vomiting in the neighboring room and it echos in your own room it s just terrible. So no privacy.

I spend two months per year in gran can, have to think if i`m going to visit this hotel in the future, not sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
8 Thank TravSunny
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your comment,

We really appreciate we you have took your time in writting us your experince, even if is good or not, beacuse this is the only way to improve our services.

I will spread the word with your comments.
So thank you again and please write me if you need anything, my email: laura@grupomur.com

Laura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here end of June 2014 for 10 days all inclusive, the guests are mixed, if you are open minded and you don't want hassle of kids, then this hotel is fine.
There were about 80 per cent gay, and the rest was normal couples, also there was a ver high per cent of Germans at this hotel, all in all no one bothers with you and you can relax at this hotel, and someone says you are behind the Yumbo centre which is very noisy and lively at night.

I want to mark certain aspects of the hotel

Room- 7/10- needs upgraded, but always clean
Breakfast- 5/10 basic
Lunch- 9/10. Best part of the day for meals, freshly cooked and very enjoyable at the pool bar
Dinner- 3/10' so disappointing, better off eating out.
Bar was very small, and entertainment was pathetic, only had a few drinks in the bar, as I was all inclusive I was hoping to spend a lot of time in there with good entertainment, but very disappointed.
The staff were excellent, cannot find any faults, very professional.
The pool was good, no problems in getting spaces, no matter what time you went at.

Would I return to this Hotel, No, it's predominantly for Gays and Germans, there was not enough of mixed sexes, we were definitely in the minority group, I think there were about 10 couples we seen.
We ended up to another hotel for entertainment at the Don Miguel, where it had a stage and they had a few good acts, downside if had to buy drinks, as I was not a guest, just annoying I they didn't have the same entertainment at the Neptuno.

I liked Gran Canaria, and there were a few good places nearby, like the Kasbah, and the Irish centre, and also down at the strand beach, where there is a lot of nice restaurants.

All in all we had a nice time, but I certainly would not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Mocoyne
Laura I, cm at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for leaving your comment.

Afterwards I hope you have enjoyed your time and the weather on Gran Canaria!!

If you need anything, just write me an email: laura@grupomur.com

Abergele, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in June and had a wonderful holiday
The room was clean and comfortable and spacious and was cleaned with towel change every day
We overlooked the pool as we were on the first floor and was never disturbed at night by any noise from the Jumbo centre
The food was excellent, best all inclusive dinners I have ever had
Different dishes every night and all fresh.
Only part of the food I didn't enjoy was at lunch time where it was served in the poolside bar area. The food was very poor as was the service but the dinner in the evening compensated for that

The drinks were excellent too and a lot of branded drinks in the AI which is unusual
Free wifi in the rooms was also an added extra too as was the safe for which there was a small refundable deposit
Would definitely return here and probably will use this hotel from now on as we visit the resort about three times a year

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
That sounds amazing!!
Thank you so much for comming and for leaving your review!

Please, don´t hesitate in contact me for your next booking!
We are really looking forward to meeting you soon again:)

My email: laura@grupomur.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the glass of Cava offered at check in, to the use of facilities extended beyond checkout time, a truly relaxed and enjoyable week with everything taken care of. Loved all the small touches like waiter bringing glasses of Sangria around to everybody by the pool at noon each day. Food was excellent. Loved the breakfast buffet with Omelette station and the dinner buffet with meat/fish grill. Lunch a la carte at the pool bar was a nice change of scene and equally delicious. Perfect location for access to the Yumbo centre as no time to get home after a good night out. Rooms modern and clean. Will definitely be booking to go again.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view. Most rooms are but there were a few with views of the road on the other side, not...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank just_settlin
Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review!

Thank you so much and we are looking forward to meeting you again!

For anything you need and even for your next booking I would appreciate if you contact me directly.)
My email: Laura@grupomur.com

Thatcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Another excellent stay at the Neptuno. Welcomed on arrival by the staff, was great to be recognised from previous visits. I was given the room that I had requested too. Room was great, nice comfy bed with a duvet. I couldn't find anything to complain about. The food was as nice as always. Thanks again to all, see you in November :-) Carl

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carl J
Thank you so much Carl!!!

You are lovely:) We are really much looking forward to meeting you again in November!

Anything you need just write me an email: laura@grupomur.com

Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The hotels good, food and standards in particular were great. However this is ruined by a few rude members of staff who seem to have a problem with certain guests.

Worth a stay, not a 4 star really but generally a 'good' hotel.

Food is of the best standard, always lots to choose from, particular the evening meal which was fantastic. Drinks are international spirits so this is a really good touch.

Noise from the Yumbo behind is loud at night however easily drowned out by the PVC doors.

Check in was ok, no glass of cava as lots of others seemed to get but hey ho.

Rooms are also of a good standard but could probably do with a re-vamp, in particular the shower which was quite grotty! Also, if you want a double bed in your double room make sure you ask as you may end up with two singles. We had to wait a week (of a 14 night stay) for a room change.

Lots of the reviews praise how friendly staff are, and I'd say on the whole I'd be tempted to agree... However the staff on the evening bar in particular were rude and made us feel very unwelcome. For this reason we won't be coming back. This is a shame because staff elsewhere, even the cleaners are lovely people and make you feel very welcome.

Also, on check out we were presented with a bill for drinks that we had apparently got for 'others' (we were all inclusive). We refused to pay this and so it was sorted, but a sly little move nonetheless- watch out!

All in all, a good hotel but we won't be back!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Ross G
Thank you for your comment.
Sorry if you felt uncomfortable at Neptuno, definitely this is not usual and we feel sorry for that.

I hope you have enjoyed the rest of your holidays.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

stayed here for 5 nights on an all inclusive, the rooms were brilliant and spotless, recpetion was friendly, the atmosphere realxed..

Food and drink is out of this world for an all incluisve - try a pino colada by the pool!
Meals of a very high quality and pleanty of options on All Inclusive so you get a great choice.

Pool area is lovely and having your own sunbed matress makes a real difference.

Well worth the money!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner or front facing room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank PeterTCL79
Thank you so much for your lovely review:)

I´m happy reading that you have had great time here on Gran Canaria:)

We hope to meeting you next time:)

For anyhting you need I leave my email: Laura@grupomur.com
And write me whenever you want:)