“Perfect Week's Getaway”

Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
“Perfect Week's Getaway”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel was lovely; ideal for relaxing in the sun. It is right on the Yumbo centre but doesn't get a lot of noise at night time. Only a €5 taxi ride to the beach. The hotel staff were really friendly and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the all inclusive buffet was. We had booked a double room, but were given a twin with 2 beds pushed together.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room, as the hotel faces a road or other buildings on any other side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alyn H
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your review.

I´m happy reading that you have had good time at Neptuno Hotel.
I hope you would like to come back, I leave my email in case you need anything laura@grupomur.com

Laura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Had a nice time in this hotel ,
Rooms are large we had a pool view and it wasn't too noisy .
Location is ideal for yumbo but not for beach.
Food at hotel is avg buffet for breakfast and dinner was not great . We ate out mainly for evening meals . Would not stay again

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank robert k
Thank you for leaving your review.
I hope you have enjoyed your time with us.

Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

nice welcome by reception staff but dissapointed there was no one to help me with my bags as there are a lot of stepsand the cava they offered was warm.Had to change my room as it bordered on the mane street and it was like living in the middle of piccadilly circus in fact they supply ear plugs in all the rooms so management must be aware of this problem.Second room ok but like the rest of the hotel very dated and dull and free wi fi and a good tv selection with different languages and a nice view of the pool.The chambermaid was excellent and the rooms kept very clean like all the public places good standard of cleanliness and had no problem when i wanted to stay in bed and miss breakfast .Food was terrible, poorly cooked and no variety and the buffet seem to be rehashed every day but a good idea having breakfast till 11.00 am.Bar was very dull with no atmosphere and entertainment was so amateur and poor.Loved it being adults only and at this time of year it seem to be 50/50 couples and gay men and women.Loved it being so near the yumbo and shopping.The staff were mainly very good and helpful.Would i use it again ,mmm dont know it would be depending on what deal i could get .

Room Tip: 5th floor side room overlooking pool,not so noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank bonabilly
Thank you for leaving your review and so sorry if the hotel didn´t make the most of your holidays.

I hope we could have a second opportunity and see you again around.

Anything you need, I leave my email, you can write me whenever you need: laura@grupomur.com

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was my third time. First impression was suberb but it started to fade away in about week..

The room was modern, clean and everything what i was expecting. The welcome packege was awesome, really!! View and location,. perfect. Especially i loved the facilities in the room.

Gym...well...lets just say it was better than nothing and free weights! Very important. Pool area nice, too small for amount off people but still nice and clean. Free sangria at noon!!

Staff generally nice and polite, i was offered cava at the check in. The food, mostly good, sometimes miserable but you allways find something to eat. Free wifi.

Why 3 stars?

I found a living worm from my food at the dinner time, i think it was a gabbage moth, i gave it to the waiter. It happens... but still... it tells somenthing...most likely i also eat those.. :(

After a week the very nice cleaning lady said to me, " i have a time schedule to make up your room and it`s 9 am, your room is always occupied at that time"........What?! Nobody told me this, i`m on vacation, i never leave before 10 or 11 am. If they have a schedule( That is stupid, that IS NOT WORKING ANYWAYS, and in the end it didn`t) why there is a door signs available? So they did not tell me this at the check in AND made the decesion with out asking me. Absolutely hate that.

Wifi is slow, too many users? Well it works fine in RDM, many users or not. Make it work.

Promissed me to have my own dinner table , it was single yes BUT pushed together with other tables... so was sitting there with a couple that were as much annoyed than i was, i do not want to eat my diner with the strangers. Again this works in RDM. Make it work.

Like every older hotel, v.e.r.y common in spain, there is a problem with the sound insulation. Noices from the streets or bars i dont really care but if you have to wake up in the mornings by listening when somebody is vomiting in the neighboring room and it echos in your own room it s just terrible. So no privacy.

I spend two months per year in gran can, have to think if i`m going to visit this hotel in the future, not sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank TravSunny
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your comment,

We really appreciate we you have took your time in writting us your experince, even if is good or not, beacuse this is the only way to improve our services.

I will spread the word with your comments.
So thank you again and please write me if you need anything, my email: laura@grupomur.com

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here end of June 2014 for 10 days all inclusive, the guests are mixed, if you are open minded and you don't want hassle of kids, then this hotel is fine.
There were about 80 per cent gay, and the rest was normal couples, also there was a ver high per cent of Germans at this hotel, all in all no one bothers with you and you can relax at this hotel, and someone says you are behind the Yumbo centre which is very noisy and lively at night.

I want to mark certain aspects of the hotel

Room- 7/10- needs upgraded, but always clean
Breakfast- 5/10 basic
Lunch- 9/10. Best part of the day for meals, freshly cooked and very enjoyable at the pool bar
Dinner- 3/10' so disappointing, better off eating out.
Bar was very small, and entertainment was pathetic, only had a few drinks in the bar, as I was all inclusive I was hoping to spend a lot of time in there with good entertainment, but very disappointed.
The staff were excellent, cannot find any faults, very professional.
The pool was good, no problems in getting spaces, no matter what time you went at.

Would I return to this Hotel, No, it's predominantly for Gays and Germans, there was not enough of mixed sexes, we were definitely in the minority group, I think there were about 10 couples we seen.
We ended up to another hotel for entertainment at the Don Miguel, where it had a stage and they had a few good acts, downside if had to buy drinks, as I was not a guest, just annoying I they didn't have the same entertainment at the Neptuno.

I liked Gran Canaria, and there were a few good places nearby, like the Kasbah, and the Irish centre, and also down at the strand beach, where there is a lot of nice restaurants.

All in all we had a nice time, but I certainly would not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mocoyne
Laura I, cm at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for leaving your comment.

Afterwards I hope you have enjoyed your time and the weather on Gran Canaria!!

If you need anything, just write me an email: laura@grupomur.com

Abergele, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in June and had a wonderful holiday
The room was clean and comfortable and spacious and was cleaned with towel change every day
We overlooked the pool as we were on the first floor and was never disturbed at night by any noise from the Jumbo centre
The food was excellent, best all inclusive dinners I have ever had
Different dishes every night and all fresh.
Only part of the food I didn't enjoy was at lunch time where it was served in the poolside bar area. The food was very poor as was the service but the dinner in the evening compensated for that

The drinks were excellent too and a lot of branded drinks in the AI which is unusual
Free wifi in the rooms was also an added extra too as was the safe for which there was a small refundable deposit
Would definitely return here and probably will use this hotel from now on as we visit the resort about three times a year

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
That sounds amazing!!
Thank you so much for comming and for leaving your review!

Please, don´t hesitate in contact me for your next booking!
We are really looking forward to meeting you soon again:)

My email: laura@grupomur.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the glass of Cava offered at check in, to the use of facilities extended beyond checkout time, a truly relaxed and enjoyable week with everything taken care of. Loved all the small touches like waiter bringing glasses of Sangria around to everybody by the pool at noon each day. Food was excellent. Loved the breakfast buffet with Omelette station and the dinner buffet with meat/fish grill. Lunch a la carte at the pool bar was a nice change of scene and equally delicious. Perfect location for access to the Yumbo centre as no time to get home after a good night out. Rooms modern and clean. Will definitely be booking to go again.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view. Most rooms are but there were a few with views of the road on the other side, not...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank just_settlin
Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review!

Thank you so much and we are looking forward to meeting you again!

For anything you need and even for your next booking I would appreciate if you contact me directly.)
My email: Laura@grupomur.com