“GREAT HOTEL”

MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 7 February 2014

its a bit late i know.We stayed here dec 5th had a great time on arrival had a bottle of whine.The staff are great on my birthday i had flowers and a bottle of whine this is our second time here and would stay again.Also had slippers to wear in room soap and shower gel well stocked kitchen.Nightlife good right next to the yumbo Centrum.The safes are big and you can fit your laptop in no problem reception staff very nice.Heiky was the recepionist when we were there but her contract finished when we left (pity).Looking to stay here for two weeks in 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stu c
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

It is never too late for us if you leave a good review:)
I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your time with us.

Please, don´t hesitate to contact me for your next booking, my email: laura@grupomur.com

There are newer reviews for MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I booked this hotel by using their direct web reservation system about two months in advance. Thought it belongs to the same chain as Neptune Hotel which is just by the side (I was in this hotel in 2012 for 10 nights and got more than satisfied), it should supply the same standard of service... But what a bad decision I made!! From the very first moment I arrived in this hotel I encountered the wifi connection problem which has been noted as a free service and even after several request after the reception (come on guys, one morning there was even 3 clients complained at the sea time at the reception), nothing has been changed. So for the person consider the internet connection as an essentiel necessary for any kind of reason, I do suggest him/her to forget this hotel.

Hotel's location is perfect for accessing to Yumbo commercial center and its extensive night life, and from my point of view, that's all it can offer. Because its infrastructures rests quite modest.

- Promised wifi doesn't work / or doesn't work with Apple devices (after the receptionist);
- Breakfast is really basic, even it costs only 7 euros, compare with the local life standard, doesn't match the value;
- Swimming pool looks ok but never tried because always full of children or teenagers;
- Nice balcony though, but you need to share your privacy with all your more than 100 neighbors.
- All the room is by the side of an avenue with a lot of traffic as well as the window is not made for protecting from the noise. So if you have problem with your sleep, please do forget Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Chambres au étage plus haut sont sont équipées de mobilier plus moderne.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Asianpoison

Thank you for leaving your review.

Regaring your comment, I´m really sorry if you didn´t enjoy your holiday.
We only want to make you feel good, safe, confortable and we used to make it happen. So, sorry if it didn´t work this time with you.

According the internet connection, we specify that Wifi works from the balcony of every room and in the reception area and pool area, where we have several confortable sofas to sit and connect yourself.

I must say sorry again.
I leave my email in case you want to write me anything. Laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here again beginning Jan 14, rooms clean and comfortable, staff as friendly as ever. Did have a major problem with noisy neighbours at 2am, staff dealt with them swiftly and assertive and I was very impressed. Will book again on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevenjust
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you so much for your nice review.

Don´t hesitate to contact me for your next booking: laura@grupomur.com

Looking forward to having you here soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

After many visits to this excellent property, this was the best. Nice to see investment again in the porperty. New crockery, plasma tv (free). Telephone in room. Welcome cleaning package (cloths, towel, washing up liquid, scrubber)
If you want sun on the balcony all day ask for one of the rooms at the far end of the property next to Neptuno. We had room 430. Sun all day and afternoon.
Cleaning done every day except Sunday. Cleaners, fast, good and very polite, smiley faces and always greeted you in corridor. I think they must clean 24hrs a day as always someone cleaning somewhere in public areas.
Shower great always hot water. All staff very polite.
It was my birthday and they left me a note and a bottle of sparking wine and flowers. A very nice suprise.
Thanks.

Room Tip: 330/430/530 get sun all day.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you so much for your nice review,
I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your holidays, for us this is the most important thing.
Make you feel at home.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to having you here soon again.

Contact me whenever you want, laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Whilst I would not detract from the many positive comments already made about Buenos Aires, I think a few simple improvements would elevate the hotel from good to excellant.
The in room safe is huge, why you would need a safe that size, I don't know. But to use it, you need to sign a form, obtain an activator, complete paperwork,pay a €2 per night fee, and pay a €10 deposit. Buenos aires- this is a nonsense collecting small fees - get some new electronic safes, half the size & made complimentary.
When you arrive, you get some cleaning cloths and washing up liquid. However, you get no bathroom toiletries except a bar of soap the size of a €2 coin. Now, when you arrive after maybe a 6 hour joiurney - you might want to take a shower & freshen up - not wash a cup & saucer ! So please BA, provide some shower gel.
All ther rooms face over the pool and get sun all day. So why in my room were there no blackout curtain?- only nets? This means the room heats up all day ( no airconditioning). Also at night, there is no privacy, with the lights on, you are clearly visible from the elevated road opposite. This is the first hotel anywhere in Spain, I have had no curtains.
The bedrooms are at the back, and mine was over some compressor & bottle banks. As these can be noisy, it's a shame the small bedroom windows are not soundproofed.
Now the restaurant. The layout is pleasant and the staff great. However, the food was very basic and the "hot" food was always cold. Breakfast was boring and repetitive with tinned fruit & watery "juice". Evening meals like pizza pieces & turkey kebabs(cold) hardly pass as "dinner". Out of the 7 nights, I ate there 3 times. My advice to anyone is to get room only, it's not worth the extra, unless you like basic cafe food. My agency did not give me a choice.
The WiFi is hopeless, my Iphone 5 could only get a signal in reception & at the pool. My tablet could get a very weak signal on the apartment balcony.Both devices picked up a stronger signal from the Hotel Neptune next door ( owned by the same people). Buenos Aries please install a wifi booster upstairs !
As you can see, I have been very picky in these minor deficiencies. Most could be fixed at little cost and make Buenos Aires superb, because all the staff are fantastic and most helpfiul.
The layout is great. During frequent high winds, the pool area is well sheltered. The maid services are daily except Sunday and are very thorough, although some days they did not come until after 3pm.
If your evening entertainment is based on the Yumbo centre, then this is the place for you, as it is right opposite-but at a side that does not suffer from noise from it.
I would give BA 7 out of 10, but with curtains, a new safe, proper WiFi *& showergel I would give it ten out of ten- except for the restaurant food, that requires a major revamp from the 1970s Spanish holiday hotel feel, the restaurant 3 out of 10.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for take your time and write your review.
For us it it the best way to improve ourselves and your review is really concret.
I will spread the word with your tips.

Thank you so much and we are looking forward to having you here again.
If you need anything, please contact me anytime by email: laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is our 3rd year staying at the Buenos Aires and we love it. Every October we go. The staff are lovely, all very friendly and chatty. Rooms are great for a holiday, no aircon but if you don't like the heat, why are you going to Gran Canaria? Rooms are clean and a perfect size for a couple. Seperate bedroom. The kitchenette is ample (who cooks on holiday!?) and the balcony is lovely to sit on in the evening before hitting the Yumbo! Always a nice crowd of people down by the pool too. Definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Personally I like the top floor (5th), and if you choose a low number room, you'll get the sun o...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura I, CM at MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you so much for leaving your lovely review.
Regarding the air con, you can rent a fan if you need it:)

I hope to meet you on the next October,
If you need anything please, don´t hesitate to contact me laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Another excellent stay at the Buenos Aires. Had a couple of issues, fridge broke on first night - was replaced in 30 minutes and light bulb blew in bathroom - changed while we were out. The staff are very friendly and facilities are very good. Wifi only available on balcony but this is explained and is free! Central to attractions and nightlife and 15 minutes from the beach. Highly recommended. Looking forward to my next stay at a mur hotel. Also received a bottle of bubbly on my birthday which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: all rooms face pool. Top floors are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for leaving your review.
I´m happy reading that everything work out as you expected,
Sorry for the frigde, sometime the setback are unpredictable but the technical service work really good:)

And I wish you a belated happy birthday:)

Looking forward to having you here soon.
I leave my email in case you need anything, laura@grupomur.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Ingles
#15 of 216 in Maspalomas
Seaside Sandy Beach
Seaside Sandy Beach
#6 of 134 in Playa del Ingles

Been to MUR Aparthotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!