This was our second visit to the Riu Grand Palace hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our two week stay. We had paid an additional £300 to ensure we got a sea view room and were overjoyed to get what we considered a premium location - right in the middle, three floors up with a superb view over the dunes to the sea in the distance.
We could recall the quality of the food from our previous visit and thankfully the same high standard was still in place. The majority of staff are attentive and are willing to go the extra mile to please the guests; although there are a couple who we felt needed additional training. We encountered a problem when trying to have our breakfast outside, which is very popular and at certain times of the morning can be difficult to find a table. What I didn't expect is to be made to feel like I wasn't there, after waiting patiently to be acknowledged by the head waiter- I took it upon myself to locate one, only to be reprimanded for doing so. Perhaps I should have been more forthcoming with a tip, which I'm sure would have made the difference!!
My only other gripe was with the entertainment and that was with the warm up act (The Silver's), whom I felt were boring and after a fortnight listening to the same songs being played without any enthusiasm - sole destroying. The hotel will eventually have to redress this, as the 60 and 70 year olds will someday not return which will leave a void to be filled with a younger and vibrant audience to cater for!
Please don't let my minor criticism’s put you off, this is a quality hotel, with great staff and excellent facilities. You very rarely find perfection on any holiday or hotel - but this nearly fulfils all the boxes. You cannot fail to enjoy your stay and the minor gripes pale into insignificance as the overall holiday experience is exceptional.
Well done RIU!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. Next to the Maspalomas sand dunes. 4-Storey building. Colonial-style architecture. 28,000 M2 of subtropical gardens. 800 M from the beach. 2 Km from the city centre. 500 M from various shops. 30 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles