This is our second stay at this hotel, and yet again the service and food are of the highest standard.
Reception staff are friendly and efficient.
The choice and quality of the food on the evening buffet is excellent, this coupled with efficient service from the waiters makes for a pleasurable dining experience.
The cheese course which was provided by the waiters as a trolley service has now been introduced onto the buffet,however this is compensated by a greater choice of cheeses being available.
Many of the waiters seem to have been employed at the hotel for years, as have many of the repeat clients who seem too treated as friends.
The rooms are traditional in style but comfortable, with good quiet air con and an overhaed fan if need. There is plenty of wardrobe/storage space.
Bathrooms are roomy with a supply of good towels, the shower is over the bath, but the force of the shower is good. Shower gel is provided.
There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but a minibar and safe is provided for an additional cost.
The TV has four English language channels - BBC World, Sky News, True Murder & True Films.
Email the hotel in advance and request a bed with a mattress topper - these give you a good nights sleep, however as previous reviewers have commented the sound proofing in the bedrooms is poor - this probably due to the age of the hotel.
Some rooms' views are impeded by the palm trees in the gardens,so if you want a clear view request a room on a higher floor.
Pool towels are provided at check in and these can be changed daily from the pool boy in the morning if required. There are plenty of sunbeds and parasols available around both pools and in garden areas. A drinks waiter service is provided round the pools and there is also a snack bar albeit with a limited menu is available for lunch.
Wi-Fi seems to be an issue for some, however there is a coin operated internet room (3 stations & printer at a cost of 1 euro for 15 mins) just off reception where you can access the net and speed here didn't seem a problem!
There is a mini supermarket just across the road if you want to stock up on drinks etc.
If you have a late flight home the hotel will provide you with a room in which to shower and change, which again demonstrates the standard of service given to its clients.
Playa del Ingles is not the most attractive resort on the island, (Meloneras offers more designer shopping and sophistication), however this hotel looking over the dunes is an oasis of calm and serenity, offering a high level of customer service with superb food and is highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. Next to the Maspalomas sand dunes. 4-Storey building. Colonial-style architecture. 28,000 M2 of subtropical gardens. 800 M from the beach. 2 Km from the city centre. 500 M from various shops. 30 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles