We stayed B&B in the Sol Barbacan for 3 weeks this September / October, our longest stay anywhere, and our 7th visit, I know as tourist's we should really “boldly go” and explore, but when you find somewhere that ticks all the box's, like the location, the large tiered sunny balconies, the friendly helpful staff, to name but a few, it's hard not to keep coming back.
The entertainment this year in the outside bar was very good, in particular the “Cuban night” you feel like doing the “rumba” and shaking your “maracas” also the” Il Divo” tribute act “Il Trio” doing a mix of classical and contemporary songs, and the “Flamenco show” very professional and energetic, especially the man, his feet were a blur, riddling around the floor, look out “Michael Flatley”, but like most holiday Hotel entertainment when it ends everybody legs it. The bar staff were very attentive especially the barmaid with the short dark hair, she's full of energy and has a great sense of humor.
One of the regular breakfast waitress looked a lot like the actress “Michelle Pfeiffer” “room number, tea, coffee” also one of the waiters had a very close resemblance to the actor “Steven Segal” I was afraid to ask ! just an observation ! The cleaning ladies always have a smile and an “hola” and do a great job, they are a good way of improving your Spanish if your learning.
The Hotel shop is handy for the little things like Newspapers, water, ice pops, a bottle of “Vina sol” wine 4 euro or a 500 ml can of “Heineken” 1 euro, not bad ! Or if you plan to do some “home cookin” then take a short inexpensive Taxi trip up the road to the “Bellavista shopping center” were you'll find the well stocked large supermarket “Hipper Dino” along with a good selection of other shop's.
We'er looking forward to 2014 and our next visit, adios amigos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments and bungalows. Renovated in 2015, it offers excellent facilities and services. Certified with ISO 14001 and ISO 9001, Sol Barbacan is an ideal destination to spend your holidays, accompanied by your family and friends, with its spacious gardens, is an oasis in Playa del Ingles. 500 m distance from the city center, 2 km from Playa del Ingles beach and golf courses, 6,5 km from Playa de Maspalomas beach, 15 km from the airport, 29 km from Puerto de Mogan, 30 km from Las Palmas, 77 km de Teror and 89 km from the Valle de Agaete valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Barbacan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sol Barbacan
- Sol Melia Playa Del Ingles
- Sol Barbacan Hotel Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles