“Very dated and in need of refurbishment.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Biceps Gym

Biceps Gym
More attraction details
Owner description: New renovated, new leadershipment but with the old warm atmosphere our gym supplies on 200 square meters space for approx. 50 pieces of sport equipment for bodybuilding, fitness, cardio and spinning. Especially before midday best agers meet each other while in the evening ambitious strength athletes and martial art fans visiting our studio. By the way women lobe our vibro stimulation machine. Our trained and certified staff is available for you everyday.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very dated and in need of refurbishment.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

I visited this venue on my own and was intimidated by homophobic banter and behaviour not only from the Spanish locals but also the staff. Of course had I not been able to understand spoken Spansh I would have been none the wiser.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank lovely1couple

Coventry, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Over priced dated gym.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

The price for a week pass is the same as a months membership in the uk and the facility is old and the machines need maintenance. The weights are old and falling apart. This is a gym in need of TLC but the owners don't care.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank terrydv8
Playa del ingles
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Basic gym for the yumbo”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Weights are the old style metal ones marked in pounds and kilos, but for the bigger weights you almost need a calculator to add together all the weight plates. The place has seen better days and would probably have looked good in the 70s. Now very run down. Main problems are the heat (no air con) only 3 benches. Someone decided to paint some of the weights bright green, but it comes off onto your hands, legs and shorts. There are showers downstairs, but they are dirty and smell. Cost is €30 per week which you can get down to €25 with a discount voucher from gymvisit. If a better gym existed near here I would use it

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Jamie H
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“100% excellent gym for me - and staff very cool and relaxed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

September 2012:
Fourth time I used Biceps Gym whilst on holiday in GC. Yes, it's old style basic with old kit but all of it works fine. Loads of plate weights for the barbells. One of the few gyms I've ever found that has incline and decline fixed bench presses - good squat rack. Plenty of leg options plus a cable cross over and multi machine, and a smith machine. Lots of dumbbells - that's the only thing critical reviews on here are correct about - not always easy to tell the weight but trial and test works for me. Also they are cool about just turning up in a pair of shorts - not for everyone but for me doing squats and deadlifts barefoot works best for my form and try finding any gym in the UK who will you do that (except crossfit gyms generally). Loads of mirrors to watch form as well. Got a discount of €25 for a week's membership.
100% recommended.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank simon c
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“IT'S NOT ONLY THE PLACE... BUT THE OWNER´S (BAD) ATTITUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Actually this review is long overdue (september 2009), but looking for a place to work out on my next vacations in GC, I've surprisingly noticed that this place is still running, and there are such bad reviews nowadays as my experience by that time...
The place itself was considerably worn out and basically equipped, but I didn't consider that an issue, since my target was just to keep my work out routine to minimum. Besides, it would be ridiculous to expect the same standards while on vacations as if you were at your home place, especially when there are not so many options around...
BUT, what really pissed me off was the owner's (bad/rude/unmannered/disrespectful... you name it) attitude! Example: it was a common scene to come in and find a couple of dumbbells on the floor, out of the rack... but for the owner, it seems it was present customer's fault, just for being "right there, right now"... In three opportunities, he came in furious and screaming "Who left these dumbbells on the floor?... It was you?... It was you?..." while pointing out to each of us who happened to be near the "crime scene"... The third time, while taking a rest between sets, I confronted him, and the dialogue went something like this: "Yes, those are mine... Why?", "Then put them back in place!" "I will mister, as soon as I'm done... I still have two more sets left!..". Of course, he didn't even apologize...
More: one day he was with a teacher, apparently taking some spanish lessons, and, when I asked him to buy a bottle of water, his answer was: "Not now, I'm busy!..". And, if you have any doubts about some exercise, forget it!! He´d be more than unwilling to help you anyhow...
It was a common place to discuss with other customers his bad manners and/or agressive behaviour. Since most of us there just paid the whole week in advance, we tried to take it easy: come in, work out and leave ASAP, and make fun of it, keeping in mind that we all were on holydays, and nothing could ruin them...
It's a pitty that, with not so many options around, this guy has not a clue on how to run a business or provide good customer service... Well, maybe in the lack of options we can find the answer...

Visited September 2011