“Location and Value.”

Ranked #128 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Location and Value.”
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Well located, 60- 70's style apartment block building. With reasonable size swimming pool. However if you like sunbathing and face the sun it is not possible as sunbeds are chained together with a still wire/chain.

All personal is very friendly and happy to help. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed 26 December 2012

we stayed for 1 week in December The apartment was dirty and was not cleaned all week and we had a cock roach in the apartment, the noise from was loud from across the road from around 3.30am through till around 6am the beds were a waste of space they were very thin about 2 inches thick and dipped in the middle the staff were very miserable and not helpful. the only good thing I will say about the place was the pool it looked good but the beds are not comfortable at all

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcuss B

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Heilbronn, Germany
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We were looking for a cheap option, and definitely found it. Room was cleaned and tidy. Service at the reception desk was efficient and friendly. Cleaners worked on daily basis, and we needed to call them off as we didn't need every day. 10 mins walk from the Ocean beaches. If you tired and want to sleep very tight , that is the last place to stay in because is very close to discos and night bars,so people are very loud, so the music. Bus stop just outside the hotel, shops were very close also

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lucas M
Reviewed 9 November 2012

A friend stayed here last year an the had an apartment in the main building so that's why we booked. Didn't realise untill we go there that we'd booked a studio apartment rather than an apartment.

To say the studio was "basic" would be a generous comment. Tried to upgrade but the place was full.

Studie I was clean and house keeping every other day but no fresh towels provided during the week

I would stay again as the location is perfect for yumbo but NOT in a studio

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Vic279
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Just back from our wonderful 2 week stay at the Koka, this was the second time we've stayed here and will be back again next year. The pool is fantastic, big and deep enough to keep everyone hapy. The pool area is cleaned (hosed and mopped) every morning. The pool-side bar served freshly cooked meals to order, fantastic. We had a Studio Apartment this time, over looking the pool area which had a decent sized balcony. The Studios are small enough, but big enough for 2 people. Ours had a fridge, 2 ringed hotplate, toaster, coffee machine, kettle, safe and a coin slot tv (only 2 English channels). In the 14 nights we stayed there we had cleaners at least 10 of the days and towels changed every other visit, they were always friendly and smiley. We had a small problem with the flush on the toilet but it was repaired within 20 mins of me talking to the man at reception. It's not the kind of place to stay if you're expecting plush hotel living but it is if you just want somewhere to put your head down at night or somewhere you can escape the seering heat with a cold drink and put your feet up on your balcony. It's perfectly situated for some great restaurants and bars, I would reccommend El Gaucho for steaks (1 min walk). The only problem we found was the heat at nightime, because there's no air con or even ceiling fans, but when you live in Ireland like we do then any night without rain is a "good" night.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnBull1963
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed here for 4 week, the whole of September, and was travelling solo.
When I saw the reviews I was a bit anxious as the holiday had already been booked and paid for.
When I arrived I was rather relieved. The Studio was a very good size and had everything I could need during my stay: tv, fridge, freezer, coffee machine, toaster, kettle, and 2 rings. Plenty of cutlery as well. There was also a safe, which i didnt use. All my most expensive belongings were more or less laid out on the table, nothing was touched once. Cant say fairer than that!!
Being a holiday rep in the past I put the reviews down to people being too fussy.
I had a good sized balcony which overlooked the pool - which is definitely one of the biggest and deepest (2.5m) in resort and was very clean.
Many of the apartments are private so expect to see a good mix of nationalities - which I dont mind.
There is a pool bar that serves snacks and drinks all day.
However... I did encounter a few problems:
- in the first week I noticed that the lock on the door wasnt fitting into the wall properly, I reported it on my way out, when I got back a little while later it had been fixed - so cant complain.
- i felt the maid was being a bit lazy, maybe because on quite a few days I told her not to bother, but on turnaround day i thought she'd make a little bit more effort, but she didnt. I wanted the whole apartment swept and mopped throughout, right into the corners. She did this, but only where I would walk. So I wasnt happy. Maybe thats just my OCD.
- the toilet never flushed properly first time, this i got used to, but beware.
- in my last 2 week the pool bar was closed as the man running it went on holiday, i was really surprised that management didnt draft someone else in for a couple of week, so this annoyed me a bit.
- the sunbeds are all shackled together by chains, so you cant really move them much, there is plenty of space between beds though so it wasnt a big deal. however the sunbeds are quite uncomfortable and u cant adjust them, theyre just flat.
- the staff were nice, but one of the receptionists looked right through me when i was trying to complain that i wanted the room swept n mopped throughout, almost as if he wasnt listening. i put this down to a language barrier.
The hotel is in a great location, approx 3 mins from the yumbo, 2 mins from beach (if you find the shortcut nerr nerr!) and next door to the kasbah. All these reviews about not being able to get to bed cos of music is absolute bull. and anyone complaining there studio was in the next block so you had to walk - get a grip!
All in all i had a fab holiday, hotel couldve been better and I probably wouldnt book there again. But if i did have to stay there again, i know for sure it would affect my holiday one bit!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank dannyboycanim
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Don't Listen 2 bad reviews. Really central to night life shopping resturants+beach. Bus stop right outside the pool is fantastic. The only downside is rooms are quite small they are clean. + seeing as you are out most of the time this was not a problem staff very helpful. Met some really nice people. Going back asap

• Stayed August 2012